Resignator - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Resignator
Monday, October 03, 2005 5:23 PM
Ok Im still new to this so dont laugh at me but what is a resignator? What does it do?

Re: Resignator
Monday, October 03, 2005 5:36 PM
lets see, if its what im thinking about (idk if u spelled it right) its part of your exhaust, it goes before the muffler i think, it makes your cars tone sound deeper, but i think it restricts some of the air. idk if that is the same thing your talking about so im probably going to be the one getting laughed at. idk if you know but there is a little box on the top of each forum and you type it in and it will give you results. i dont think this would help you here because its not spelled right....but for future reference, because your gonna get flamed for this gaurenteed, atleast 5 @!#$s will come in here and post nothing but the words "search you noob"

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Monday, October 03, 2005 5:36 PM
I assume you mean resonator... It tones down the exhaust and reduces popping.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, October 03, 2005 5:55 PM
depending on how you like your exhaust sound you will either want one or not

if you like the raspy, popping, weed-eater on crack sound then forget about one

if you don't look into as big of a perforated core resonator/ a.k.a. glasspack/turbo muffler you can fit under the car

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:11 PM
All it is a pipe that is completly hollow and they come in different diameters. The shorter they are the louder they are and the longer are quieter I beleive. I don't know if you need to have a muffler on it on a 4cy though. I have a resonator on my fbody and dont have an actual muffler.

2003 Sunfire
2000 Z-24 K&N Filtercharger
2001 Z28 Camaro: Kooks Longtube headers,
Magnoflow Catted Y pipe,
Loudmouth Exaust,Ultra Z Hood with Ram air kit,
SLP Air Lid with K&N filter,
SLP MAF & Bellows,17"Firehawk Wheels
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:33 PM
resignator? i think you just made up a new word.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, October 03, 2005 8:48 PM
Brian Anderson (1999-Z24-4spd) wrote:lets see, if its what im thinking about (idk if u spelled it right) its part of your exhaust, it goes before the muffler i think, it makes your cars tone sound deeper, but i think it restricts some of the air. idk if that is the same thing your talking about so im probably going to be the one getting laughed at. idk if you know but there is a little box on the top of each forum and you type it in and it will give you results. i dont think this would help you here because its not spelled right....but for future reference, because your gonna get flamed for this gaurenteed, atleast 5 @!#$s will come in here and post nothing but the words "search you noob"

Very close Brian...you had everything correct but the restricting air part.

A resinator will not restrict air, it's basically there to tone down your exhaust. If you look at most stock exhaust systems and listen, you'll notice that they are all basically very low sounding and can get deep at times (mostly higher rpms). They sound like that because of: 1. Stock piping is usually on the smaller side depending on the application and 2. they might have one or more resontators on their exhaust system.

Brian, I will say this, you're getting better at helping people...keep up the good work

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:34 AM
BoltZ wrote:resignator? i think you just made up a new word.

Resignator: one who has resigned or is going to..........maybe??

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:54 PM
thanks NJHK, i thought i read somewhere in the FAQ's or library that they cut your HP by restricting airflow or something....ill try to see where i got that from.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 6:04 PM
Brian Anderson (1999-Z24-4spd) wrote:thanks NJHK, i thought i read somewhere in the FAQ's or library that they cut your HP by restricting airflow or something....ill try to see where i got that from.

It's no problem

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search