Need some help...what is this pipe for? - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some help...what is this pipe for?
Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:50 PM
I did some work the other day on the Alero and I noticed this pipe not connected to anything. It looks like a vacuum pipe. Sorry they are cell phone pictures.

Pictures DO SUCK I know....its on the top left corner of this pic.

GMR has got nothing on this

Re: Need some help...what is this pipe for?
Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:59 PM
the line im pretty sure is evap from your tank dont take my word wait from someone else to chime in i dont know if im even looking in right spot

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:30 PM
I cant tell you where that goes....although my eyes are acting blurry and im having trouble seeing the pics. Not to thradjack but where did you get the 2.3 exhaust flange?

Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:57 PM
It goes from one side of the rack and pinion boots, i dont know exacly what it does but i took mine out cause it bent some how, nothing changed from the way the car turned or anything, plus no fluid goes thru there.
Sunday, August 16, 2009 10:17 AM
I got the flange from quad4rods.....Call me or text Cory I lost your number....HOLLA!

JON turbo grand am you are exactly right....it is near the rack and pinion....thanks for your help....I have to conclude that its a vacuum hose. I did noticed a nozzle on the tranny that seems a vacuum hose should connect to it.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:14 AM
so with the header completed, how close is she from running?

did you ever get that 2.3 power steering finished?

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:30 PM
I found out what that pipe connects too. It connects to the rubber boot.

Its already running. She turns on with the flick on the key and stays on too. She idles a bit high still so I need to look into that...possible vacuum leak. Plus I removed the stock seats so I need some bucket seats to replace them with. Then a tune and a paint job AND...............i think Im gonna call it quits. Its taking soooo much of my money and time. To top it off I dont live with my parents so I have bills I have to pay. Its been really hard balancing the bills and funding my project.

So long story short my plans of gathering a turbo kit for the OLDSMOBILE are pretty much over. As far as performance goes Im done. I'll just hit her with a 75 shot of nitrious and hit the track. As for the GTZ Im still unsure if I will rebuild that LG0....I really want to but we will see. I hate to say it.

Monday, August 17, 2009 4:27 AM
You're going to regret that header wrap when it rusts thru under it

Monday, August 17, 2009 8:28 AM
Yeah I decided to just remove it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search