New HDRs of my WASHED Cav and RedHotCavy2000 WARNING HIGH-RES - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New HDRs of my WASHED Cav and RedHotCavy2000 WARNING HIGH-RES
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:18 AM
So Last night Herb came in to town to trade a Little bit of interior with me. So I snapped a few "Over processed" HDR's in the last bit of daylight. They came out Very Noisy because It was so late in the day. High ISO+HDR= NOISE! Next time I'm going for LOW ISO and Longer Shutter times. I thin that will get rid of A LOT of the noise and Sharpen them up a bit.

I Cleaned them up the best I could, and here they are, High-Res pics are available on my site at the link below.

I have a little ghosting affect here because the software didnt properly line up the images:

Enjoy!

High Res here:
http://www.hotmodelphotography.com/HR/HighRes.html

Re: New HDRs of my WASHED Cav and RedHotCavy2000 WARNING HIGH-RES
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:26 AM
look good, but you may want to crank the ISO down, or denoise them during the HDR processing.

BTW. Stock body on ground = sex

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:28 AM
Sickest pic right here!! Damn

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:30 AM
yeah they look good..longer shutter tiems with the lowest iso you can get will really make them pop and get rid of all that noise..

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:31 AM
they are great pics.... of the sky. imo most of the them look horrible in regards to the cars. the only good one is this one ^... others looks like poor attempts at photoshop. but i understand that everyone has to start out somewhere at first, keep it up!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:43 AM
good pics. not bad for being 3 minutes from no light... lol to bad your battery died... ill clean mine next time

and ill get some pictures of the seats!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:06 AM

mmmm nice..!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:16 AM
Use a tripod and a remote shutter release, those are really blurry even at that size.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:23 AM
I did use a Tripod, And Rather than a Shutter Release I used a 2 Sec Timer Delay, and an Automatic AED.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:27 AM
yeah they are pretty blurry..again..some good lighting..longer shutter with tripod and low iso will help a lot..it looks like you moved in the 2nd pic..here's one i did with a cheap ass bottle of rum when I was bored..

The longer shutter speed and iso help make the lines more clean and make the colors pop more..

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:35 AM
Yea I fudged Up with the High ISO.

Had the Tripod to the Shutter times wouldn't have hurt, No biggie Ill shoot again!

Exhaust parts should be here Friday via Fedex, putting them on immediately so I can drive on the Street a bit more lol.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:36 AM
how did you do that?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:23 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Sickest pic right here!! Damn

x2

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:12 AM
Make sure to check them out in High res on my site, They look a little better.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:27 AM
I think the pics look pretty good, but your site isn't working for me??

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:45 AM
Hmm strange your the second person to say that. Server is up.

Here is another try:
Http://www.HotModelPhotography.com/HR/

Http://www.HotModelPhotography.com/HR/

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:48 PM
yeah umm exhaust would be nice. and no more drifting or whatever the hell that was last night. hahahaha maybe lift the drag block up an inch or so. :-p

jk see you soon
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:00 PM

Those are what I did, but I like the cartoonish look for more abstract images.

Longer shutter speeds, and 200iso should make those choice. Even if you're running out of light, the longer shutter speeds would still make it work, you'll just be going more into a 10second bracket shot.

If you're camera has bracket mode, i'd set it on a tripod, then set the bracketing, and snap pictures via remote. (can't wait until my remote and lens hood gets here from china. lol)

But all in all they are wonderful shots man. I am always a fan of series photography, and i know i like to get tips and pointers on my work, so I hope you don't take what my tips/advice as a insult to your work. I like where they are heading, just need to get that iso down. lol. Hopefully you're not like my sister, and shoot at 1600 iso 90% of the time. (god that drives me nuts)

btw. What kinda camera do you use? Since this thread as gone in the direction of photography, vs. the cars. lol

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:45 PM
wow, I'm loving this HDR stuff. I'm definitely gonna give this a shot my next shoot, but how do you combine the shots?

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:00 PM
sorry but those pics look bad

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:53 PM
98z24ragtop wrote:wow, I'm loving this HDR stuff. I'm definitely gonna give this a shot my next shoot, but how do you combine the shots?

HDR (high dynamic range) is done by taking 3 photos, at 3 different EV levels. One +1 EV on 0EV the other -1 EV. And if you don't know that, then let me bring it down to terms I learned on.... One perfect, one over exposed, one under exposed. Set your F stop and shutter speed so that it is at 0. Take picture. Rotate it about 3 clicks over exposed. (that's typically, depending on the light, 1 EV), Then rotate it 6 clicks to the oposite side (3 clicks back to 0, 3 more clicks over to under exposed size).

Next you need to group your pictures, doing that depends on what program you use. I use Adobe Lightroom 2.1. After you stack the images in lightroom, you import them into a HDR Processing program. One usually used is Photomatix. There is a free version for those who are just playing with HDR and you can see an example of it, in OhForKavy's post. The free version puts the photomatix watermark in the picture. If your good with photoshop, you could probably photoshop the watermark out.

For more detailed instructions, search YouTube for HDR How To's.

And to TheMarin8r ; how about some constructive criticism? Just saying they look bad is being pretty dick. Offer up advice. Or if you don't know anything about shooting with a DSLR, hi-res photography, hdr's, or even what a .raw format is, then your opinion really doesn't matter anyways. So you could just keep it to your self, instead of wasting a post, and wasting peoples time with reading your uneducated opinion.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:00 PM
btw..... You probably know your F stop can't be zero. Own3d by not re-reading.

Set your F stop to where you want it. After you set your F stop, set your EV level (exposure) to 0. Then rotate 3 clicks up, 3 clicks down both from zero. And sue a tripod to make the editing process hella faster.

I've really gotta remember to re-read what I type on sites where I can't edit after posting. lol.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:06 PM
I dont hear anything?????

FU Tuning

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:20 PM
Im still not impressed.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:31 PM
Yeah these shots are pretty bad. The noise and blurriness just kills it.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search