Finally! The bottle is ON! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally! The bottle is ON!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:43 PM
So after a wasted trip to Indiana (not your fault, Jeff!) and almost blowing my engine to pieces, it's finally on!

With the purge kit.

Some pics of the selenoid/underhood setup:

Fogger into the intake

A better pic of the bottle in the back seat

And one of my neons in front, just for fun

Many, many thanks to Jeff (JUCNBST) for all of the equipment, though the delivery was kind of a nightmare!
And for those of you who have ever thought, "Gee. I wonder what would happen if I put this together with no jets, just an open line?"; let me tell you: 1. The tires burnout really well, 2. The engine shuts down to 5000 rpms and 3. The driver begins to cry on the inside.

Now With More Carbon Fiber!

Re: Finally! The bottle is ON!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:10 PM
ITS GOT NAWS!!!!

(and actual NOS to) and crap you have diamond plate flooring... might need to make sure its screwed tight so it doesnt fly off

very nice. what shot you go with?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:15 PM

failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:16 PM
Give that lil' 2200 some go finally .

'grats!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:19 PM
It looks really good. I have the NOS kit as well and I love it. It sucks your chipped your c/f cover but I probably wouldn't have noticed if the picture wasn't so upclose.

I must say though, if you plan to run at a track you are going to need a blow down tube since it's in the back seat.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:07 PM
youve got enough Nos in there to blow yourself up.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:46 PM
Period.

/jarule

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:10 PM
Nitrous is fun

What shot you running? I run a 75 on top of the m45/2.6 pulley on my stock bottom end ld9...it can handle it

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:13 PM
Backseat mount was kinda a bad idea IMO. Just out of curiosity, if you go to any decent track that actually follows the rules, you won't be able to race with it mounted there as it is now. You will need a blow down tube. and we know that if you are a normal, mature person, you won't need nitrous on the street. Why did you opt to do it? Shows? Plan to actually make it legal for track use? Just wondering. because the only thing I see now is a bottle within reach so you can turn it on and all that on a whim on the street...

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:35 AM
Glad to see the kit installed and put to use. Sucks that I-90 got closed with all that dam rain we got a while back the traffic sucked....oh well I only wish I was there to witness the kit in action with no pills in the nozzle hahaha. The car doesn't look half bad either.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:47 AM
im gunna say you might wanna reconsider the bottle mounting, but other than that, looks good.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:01 AM
I'm only running 35 until i get the jets for the 50. This was originally intended as a show-only set-up. I don't really have many intentions of going to the track with it, as my subs are heavy enough to weigh down any power I would get with nitrous. The backseat mounting is mostly for show. I don't have to onpen my trunk this way.

And by the way, Joey, I didn't realize the cover was chipped, so thank you for pointing it out! One more damn thing to fix!

Now With More Carbon Fiber!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search