Cavalier 0, Deer +1 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier 0, Deer +1
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:03 AM

Popped out of the ditch on my way to work yestereday morning. Estimate came in at just under $2,500. Waiting to hear if they are going to total it or not.

Re: Cavalier 0, Deer +1
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:06 AM
Sad to see such a pretty cav in such bad shape..

REally thought damage doesn't look too bad...looks like the fender and the door..rear quarter maybe able to buff out?

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:12 AM
Sorry to hear that man, hopefuly it turns out for the best.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:17 AM
I hate to say this.

Silver Curse.

I hope I don't hit anything today.

Hopefully you can get it fixed man its a great looking cav.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:19 AM
Wow! I hope you get it fixed.. I bet that deer has a nice headache after that. . .
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:20 AM
damn that sucks. hows the deer?

no seriously that sucks.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:25 AM
That sucks bro. I had the same thing happen to me a couple years back but luckily all the damage was isolated to just the fender and the front bumper.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:28 AM
I have said it many times, and I'll say it again....That is once thing about modding..Your car can be immaculate one day, and then beat to sh!t the next because of a car accident OR a deer.......But AT LEAST you are alright...Cars can be replaced...you cannot.....Just hold you head up and look towards the future.....Good luck buddy.....It will work out how it's suppose to.....

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:37 AM
That really sucks. Sad to see. Really hope it's only this damage...
OhForKavy wrote:REally thought damage doesn't look too bad...looks like the fender and the door..rear quarter maybe able to buff out?

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:58 AM
dayum dude , sorry to hear that , hope you get it fixed , big fan of the car

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:09 AM
Sad.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:12 AM
It's sad that a Cavalier would be totalled because it's value is not worth $2500. I wish the Cavy held it's value.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:13 AM
still looks prettier than mine........

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:18 AM
they wont totall it i had the same thing happen to me this time last year and it took out my frt bumper, fender hood headlight and peeled the door back and it also pushed my rad support down just above the head light and it was at 7 grand and they still fixed it with all gm parts and a new aftermartket bumper i have pics on my cardomain so dont worry about them totaling it.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:22 AM

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:08 AM
I wake up to this? Now I hurt a little. Living in NC, I'm always dodging deer....and my cav is silver as well.... Maybe we should weld on some Mad Max style bumpers. At least then if we hit a deer we can have a free meal or two later, pre-tenderized no less! Looking at your rear quarter, I'd say you knocked the crap out of that deer! :p

Seriously though, I'm glad you're not hurt. As was said before, it's just a car. It could've been much worse.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:18 AM
As soon as i saw who started this thread, and realized who it was that had a fight with a deer, it made me sad,
I've always been a fan of your car.

hope you get it fixed.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:38 AM
Sucks, Matt aka winks, i bet ur thankful ur deer hit wasint as bad as this one.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:06 AM
Krzy Z wrote:they wont totall it i had the same thing happen to me this time last year and it took out my frt bumper, fender hood headlight and peeled the door back and it also pushed my rad support down just above the head light and it was at 7 grand and they still fixed it with all gm parts and a new aftermartket bumper i have pics on my cardomain so dont worry about them totaling it.

Your car is also an '05. Mine is a 2000 with 140,000 miles on it. KBB private party value is less than $3000. Still waiting to hear from insurance. I have been thinking about selling it for a while and getting a new project, and if its totaled it just makes that decision for me. So I won't be sad either way.

Damage is basically just the door, fender, mirror, side skirt, and the radiator support is bent. Then some of the paint on the hood and bumber are messed up a little so he put in some refinishing time for that.

It was a pretty large deer and I had zero time to react, so I am really glad I didn't hit it head on.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:14 AM
yea true i forgot its private insurance my car here is only worth 6000 but thats in our black book valve thats not including any mods but than again with mods our car are not worth that much here, i put much had no time to react to my deer it just run right in frt of me and too late, my 9 month old son slept through the whole thing its was scary.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:20 AM
Yeah, its not something I want to do again. Especialy after only being a wake for 20 minutes. Its really loud when you hit a deer at 60 mph.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:52 AM
I bet that woke u up, now when i drive on the hi way i drive way slower and i keep my eyes open for anything.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:33 AM
im pretty sure my pants would have been filled with poop if that would have happened to me

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:38 AM
Wow..Mine hit almost the same exact spot, and did the same exact damage!!!

I feel your pain man..I got a new fender, and kinda pounded out my door..I think if they total it, buy it back from the insuance company, and get said fender and door..Thats all thats really messed up

Junkyard door = $200 JY fender = $75..Plus paint, obviously, but you get the picture

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:08 PM
That is crazy! I think the damage on my door is a little worse. It dented so much the top corner of the door is open almost a 1/2 inch.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search