RACING HART C5 3 pieces - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RACING HART C5 3 pieces
Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:06 PM
it's been a while since I have posted. Busy getting wedding prepared and looking for a house. I finally forced myself to finish 5x100 swap to 5x115 with a couple of folks. those C5 3s are 5x114.3, they fit nicely on 5x115. Thanks to C.T.S for write this step.

I love how 00+ camaro rotors and calipers look on my car. they r giant and thick more pics soon

rear project is coming up!!!

Re: RACING HART C5 3 pieces
Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:15 PM
Moar pics!!!

Chroming the new C5's as well I hope sir?

Looking good.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:17 PM
you read my mind

spoke in chrome

redo lip in polish and center too
Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:51 PM
well in the impala forums we call using 114.3 whells on 155 bolt pattern stud snappers as that is what will happen over time

Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:51 PM
115 bolt pattern i mean

Sunday, October 19, 2008 7:32 PM
^so many haven't had that problem tho!

i want 2 do this some day!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:26 PM
any chance of a write up, for upcoming guys wanting to do this? we could even sticky it!

Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:30 PM
Mr. Shawn Coleman, I thought you died buddy... you're gonna have to bring this sexy beast to a west meet In the summer, I miss ya buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, October 20, 2008 5:23 AM
wheels look nice man. I wanna see the new rotors though. lol

Monday, October 20, 2008 6:05 AM

Man your haaawt....!

Hahahahahaha

get'er done..!

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:23 AM
Trevor Mullins wrote:well in the impala forums we call using 114.3 whells on 115 bolt pattern stud snappers as that is what will happen over time

If the rims are centered on the hub properly by either exact fitment or hub rings, this should not be a problem. Plenty of people do it with no issues.

If you do the math, each stud is only off by less than 1/3 of a millimeter. Not nearly far enough off to cause issues, unless the studs are also taking the shearing force due to lack of hub-centricity.

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:29 AM
Looks good.
What are you doing with the RSM front kit?

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:43 AM
Luis Marroquin wrote:any chance of a write up, for upcoming guys wanting to do this? we could even sticky it!

check the suspension & brake section. wow looks awesome. did you buy new axles?

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:44 AM
Yup, make sure you've got hubcentric rings and you'll be fine
Cool!

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Monday, October 20, 2008 10:04 AM
ya true i have noticed alot of stuff they say on naioa is unture like they said they said you should never use bags on a daily driver for safety

Monday, October 20, 2008 10:16 AM
what did i miss??

didnt you already have C5's? and in chrome like you want?

first fastest 18-wheeler in the country.
Monday, October 20, 2008 10:17 AM
nice work buddys. i see u finally found my cv boots in a good use now! and wish i was there to help out but u know my @!#$ wrist with a cast on. not so good timing for me. it really blows. cant wait to see you start on rears. ill be going to bank in a bit
and those wheels are hot in person and that will make us to get over those old C5s

zyaaa - my fault or whatever. one old C5 wheel still remains cracked and leaking air. nobody really wants to weld shut it cuz they think its unsafe to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 20, 2008 10:22 AM

Monday, October 20, 2008 7:52 PM
s1lver_N1p - nope, same axles

Phewes- yah its been a year with abandoned cv boot kit. glad I have em in. You made easier for me I wasn't prepared enough to make sure I have extra cv boots on that night.. I was lucky I got some from you!

z yaaaa- we friend again? jk lol you didnt miss anything I havent posted since our battle day! if I find a good deal to get my new rims in chrome.. I would.. hope my fiance dont read this she ll kill me!! lol

Dave Dunsmoor- I have ordered hub spacer in 5mm to clearance between rotor and the lower ball joint. I ll need hubcentric rings too.. I need help to find some.. havent really looked into yet... nice if you guys can help me with this.

gtpsunfire- going to sell em soon once I have rear solved. still trying to find a way to keep my sleeve struts with 5x115. (not much have said anything about sleeve struts) I need more time on this..

Zspot- Will, I love you

FIRE2HOT - stop talking to my fiance too much! I think she's falling in love with you!! lol
Monday, October 20, 2008 8:05 PM

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:41 PM
looks great =)

lemme know when your ready to part with that rsm kit =D

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:46 PM
so how hard is it to chrome aluminum? ive got a piece that i just cannot seem to get polished right and it just sucks. id love to be able to chrome it.

more specifics on the rims? were the other ones 3 piece to? if not how much lighter are these new ones if any at all?

failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Monday, October 20, 2008 10:29 PM
Shawn Coleman wrote:FIRE2HOT - stop talking to my fiance too much! I think she's falling in love with you!! lol

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha, hey.. i can't help it i'm a charming guy... lmfao!!

Does she talk about me or somethin?? lmao!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:06 AM
I don't blame Kris for talking with her...she is an attractive woman...maybe he is trying to steal her away from your Shawn. Nice work as always man!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:48 AM
to answer your question zyaaa, yes aluminum can be chromed.
for the old chrome C5s, they re one pieces
the 3 pieces C5s is like this

for the wheel specs, ill leave it to shawn.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:11 PM
Scott Fry wrote:I don't blame Kris for talking with her...she is an attractive woman...maybe he is trying to steal her away from your Shawn. Nice work as always man!

Lmao, she is very attractive.. but no, i am not trying to steal her.. i have my own lovely wife

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search