My Car (03 Sunfire) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My Car (03 Sunfire)
Monday, July 07, 2008 4:33 PM
This is my baby, shes a work in progress right now. Naturally there is more work I would like to do to it than i can afford right now. However I've got an AEM Cold Air Intake that I'm about to install and next up beyond that is some paint for the calipers and drums, and some new brake rotors. Then eventually I'm going to consider adding some ground effects. I know most people are going to say to lower it which i would really love to do but the roads here are terrible and lowering it could cause me tons of problems. Any other improvements you could suggest would be great.

Re: My Car (03 Sunfire)
Monday, July 07, 2008 4:35 PM
take off the sick on hood scoops and the wing and it would look 10x better!
imo
Monday, July 07, 2008 4:37 PM
stick*
Monday, July 07, 2008 4:37 PM
At first, I was gonna say the wing..but it actually isn't that bad

Although, those stickers gotta go, they look terrrible. As for not being able to lower your car without having problems, I have always thought that was a line of crap..There are people driving much lower cars in much worse areas..I.E. Northeast Ohio roads

Not bad over all though, its a great start peel the stickers, and at least consider some slight lowering springs

Monday, July 07, 2008 4:38 PM
it definatly needs lowering. Not all lowering kits are huge drops and most of them are adjustable. you can have as little as a 2" drop if if i can remember right. Also do you have any exhaust work done? Not a fan of the flame sticker on the rear window. So id say keep that look lower it, make it fast, and lose the stickers... lol But looking pretty good nice n clean for the most part.

CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/TMald123
Monday, July 07, 2008 4:39 PM
Yellowcav123 wrote:it definatly needs lowering. Not all lowering kits are huge drops and most of them are adjustable. you can have as little as a 2" drop if if i can remember right. Also do you have any exhaust work done? Not a fan of the flame sticker on the rear window. So id say keep that look lower it, make it fast, and lose the stickers... lol But looking pretty good nice n clean for the most part.

When I was shopping for springs, I found 1" and even 1.5" drop springs, Hell you could run 1" with stock struts Im sure

Monday, July 07, 2008 4:43 PM
Believe it or not its the owner before me that did most of the work too it. I just threw on the rims. I've been thinking about pulling the stickers off however since the paint around them is faded won't they still be there? There is some exhaust work done to it, but once again previous owner did it so I'm not sure exactly what was done.
Monday, July 07, 2008 5:21 PM
My .02 Cents, i dont see the point of having the big "SUNFIRE!!" word on the side, i think people know it's a sunfire.....

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:23 PM
What kind of car is that?

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:30 PM
Yea, strip the wing, stickers, and fake scoops off.

Northeast PA roads are @!#$ too. As long as you get the right suspension and learn to drive with a lower car, you'll be ok. You could always bag it. I have the ride height set on my cav were i have about an inch or two of wheel gap and i have no problems gettin around.

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:30 PM
i LOVE those wheels man, they fit the car perfect

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:35 PM
Eh I've never been to PA so I can't comment on the roads but the roads up here in Nova Scotia are extremely terrible ... I even worry about driving on them with low profile tires. Once again though guys if i strip off the hood scoops, and take the stickers won't the impression of them still be there since the paint around them faded?
Monday, July 07, 2008 5:49 PM
Not if you know how to buff the paint

The above need to go, then its good.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Monday, July 07, 2008 5:57 PM
Ah interesting I've tried to take the stickers off before but my buddy told me it would be better to leave them on cause of the paint fade. Hood scoops and the spoiler may stay thought cause I'm kinda partial to them
Monday, July 07, 2008 6:03 PM
Gregoiro (Greg C) wrote:What kind of car is that?

I think it's a firebird...

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:44 PM
Peeves wrote:Believe it or not its the owner before me that did most of the work too it. I just threw on the rims. I've been thinking about pulling the stickers off however since the paint around them is faded won't they still be there?

I am sure you'll be fine, I would at least take off the scoops and the Sunfire wording. Your car isn't that old, and it will balance out after a while..Just buff or wax it as stated above..

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:56 PM

I do that around here locally all the time!

There's a kid with an F-250 with a gigantic "Powerstroke Turbo Diesel" banner across the entire back window. I walked passed it with him and a guy I know sitting inside and jokingly said "that thing's got a Duramax in it, right? I love those Duramax diesels!" Kid inside I knew busted up.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:34 PM
When i get my intake installed i'll take a look about getting the decals taken off. I'm just afraid i could do more damage taking them off then leaving them on. Thanks for your input though guys.
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:58 AM
Where about are you located in Nova Scotia, I am pretty sure that I remember seeing the old owner of that around the Truro area. Also, I can vogue for Peeves with the road condition thing, there are a lot of roads around here with my completely stock suspension that I find myself driving under 20kms so I don't beat the @!#$ out of the cav, but with that said its part of the fun and the car will be lowered after this winter .
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:05 AM
Bagged Base Coupe (Tinkles) wrote:Please strip the stickers and fake scoops off.

As long as you get the right suspension and learn to drive with a lower car, you'll be ok. You could always bag it.

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:25 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:

I do that around here locally all the time!

There's a kid with an F-250 with a gigantic "Powerstroke Turbo Diesel" banner across the entire back window. I walked passed it with him and a guy I know sitting inside and jokingly said "that thing's got a Duramax in it, right? I love those Duramax diesels!" Kid inside I knew busted up.

Lol awesome. Yea when I see banners on people's windshields that say what the car is, I can't help but ask

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:22 AM
Peeves wrote:When i get my intake installed i'll take a look about getting the decals taken off. I'm just afraid i could do more damage taking them off then leaving them on. Thanks for your input though guys.

Wouldn't worry about the damage. Sure the paint shade may vary underneath, or shall I just say will, but after a good wash/buff/wax/days in the sun it'll all blend. Just like removing emblems and side moldings. I'd get on it before it's too late. Vinyl won't last forever anyhow and like everyone said, it's just plain cheap looking.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:59 PM
Michael Rudolph wrote:Where about are you located in Nova Scotia, I am pretty sure that I remember seeing the old owner of that around the Truro area. Also, I can vogue for Peeves with the road condition thing, there are a lot of roads around here with my completely stock suspension that I find myself driving under 20kms so I don't beat the @!#$ out of the cav, but with that said its part of the fun and the car will be lowered after this winter .
Yep I'm in Truro, I bought it from the previous owner at the beginning of may. If i do drop it, it will probably be next spring as well.
Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:48 PM
Another question guys, if i take off the hoodscoops won't I damage the paint seeing as they're on there with adhesive?
Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:29 PM
It shouldn't damage the paint...

But it really depends on how strong the tape is I guess...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search