redid headliner and rear deck - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
redid headliner and rear deck
Monday, July 07, 2008 1:41 PM
so i changed my plastics from grey to black so i thought i'd finally do the headliner and rear deck.... c+c thanks

before:

sorry no befores of rear deck
afters:

i do have the grills on the speakers forgot to take a pic after i put them on ...thanks

Re: redid headliner and rear deck
Monday, July 07, 2008 1:48 PM
cool. good job dude

Hamburger Helper..One Pound, One Pan, One Disfunctional Family!
Monday, July 07, 2008 1:53 PM
I would never mount your speakers like that. It is an invitation for theives. Having to baby sit your car get old after awhile esp if it is a daily driver. What did you use on the headliner and rear deck.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, July 07, 2008 1:59 PM
i got a carpet like material at walmart and i live in a small town everyone knows me and the car no touches it....the inside the only good thing about the car...i just realized its the same pic for the befores sorry

Monday, July 07, 2008 2:08 PM
What did you use for adhesive?........................... Super 77?

I been looking for something stronger because super 77 doesnt hold up to the AZ heat in the summer.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Monday, July 07, 2008 2:09 PM
lol just go buy the real thing brand new from GM.

no customness needed

looks good.

Monday, July 07, 2008 2:12 PM
3m general adhesive.....i like to do stuff myself

Monday, July 07, 2008 2:17 PM
came out nice. good work

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:03 AM
andy porambo wrote:3m general adhesive.....i like to do stuff myself

I am not hating on you when I say this but you are going to have to redo it in a summer or 2 when it falls. 3M general adhesive and Super Trim 77 are not strong enough because heat is the release agent. ( learned from experience ). I ended up taking my headliner to a trim shop where they used version of contact cement.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:21 AM
good job, came out good! i will be doing this soon too, just gotta find some time.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:27 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:

I am not hating on you when I say this but you are going to have to redo it in a summer or 2 when it falls. 3M general adhesive and Super Trim 77 are not strong enough because heat is the release agent. ( learned from experience ). I ended up taking my headliner to a trim shop where they used version of contact cement.

i was kinda curious about the same thing. dont get me wrong it looks great but not sure how well it would hope up. why did you choose doing that instead of dying it?

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:47 AM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:

i was kinda curious about the same thing. dont get me wrong it looks great but not sure how well it would hope up. why did you choose doing that instead of dying it?

i used the strongest stuff you can buy from 3m as far as the spray adhesive and mine still didnt hold, but then again i was recovering my headliner with black vinyl which is much heavier than what you are using, and yours should adhere better

so i guess what im saying is best of luck!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:12 AM
i didn't really think of dying it....

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 2:25 PM
looks pretty good except for the wrinkles by the speakers. depending on the material your rear deck may be fine, the headliner may have some issues, allot of those materials as said can't withstand the heat. ive used vinyl top spray from 3m and that seemed to hold rather well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:18 AM
heres the pic of the rear deck with the speaker covers on...I'm also working on the front doors(fiberglassing a speaker pod) to put a 5 1/4 in there

Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:26 AM
sndsgood wrote:...ive used vinyl top spray from 3m and that seemed to hold rather well.

X2. you beat me to it. 3M Vinyl Roof Adhesive is made to stand up to the heat. I've used that for many things, and the only downfall is if you ever want to take it off to redo it, it doesn't want to let go.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:46 AM
nice, looks good.......are those dual speakers? if they are which im sure they are i would junk those !! but anything is better than stock i guess.....
Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:03 AM
yea there dual. it sounds pretty decent for what it is. well i have some progress.....i guess you would say. c+c welcome
please keep in mind i'm just learning fiberglassing

Doors(one of my first fiberglassing projects):

More Material:

1 Door with everything on them:

Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:04 AM
yea there dual. it sounds pretty decent for what it is. well i have some progress.....i guess you would say. c+c welcome
please keep in mind i'm just learning fiberglassing

Doors(one of my first fiberglassing projects):

More Material:

1 Door with everything on them:

Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:18 AM
I hope those doors arent complete..

Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:30 AM
no not by far im just taking my time. due to it being my first time with fiberglass.. i know it needs lots of sanding and a few more coats of glass

Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:48 AM
Well I don't think I need to comment on those door panels. You know what I'm about to say. As for the headliner I've never had good luck with the glue sticking in the summer either. I just got a black headliner from the junk yard and I black rear deck from the junk yard also. This is nice because I was able to get the black visors as well, and best of all, it's all OEM.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:02 PM
Nice. I dyed my headliner Red a while back.

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:08 PM
1000 times better looking. best of luck with it. if it does fall i'd just die the new one. i died mine 2 years ago black and it was easy as pie. and still looks.....black.

Monday, July 14, 2008 3:50 AM
well the chevy symbol on the panel looks way off and for the door speaker what are you doing with the fiberglass? are you just putting straight on the door panel?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search