couple pics from saturday - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
couple pics from saturday
Sunday, July 06, 2008 1:17 PM
I entered my sunfire in a show yesterday. First show ever with this car and first show for me since entering my previous car for the last time in 2004. The reception it got was not too bad, lots of people thought my car was turboed! Pretty funny watching people bobbing their heads around the engine bay and underneath looking for a turbo without any luck! Since I've been away from the show scene for a few years I've forgotten how some peoples comments could anger me. Yesterday a guy was checking the cars out with his buddies, he pointed at the sunfire and says, "I guess you can enter anything these days, might as well go wash the wifes car and park it beside this thing." Everybody has an opinion sure, but the fact that he knew I was sitting there and could hear him just fine, that rubbed me the wrong way! There were other comments like that from other people, but this one bugged me the most! Has anyone had this sort of thing happen when entering your J's at shows?
Well enough venting for now! The first pic is from the show, the second pic i took afterward. Just cruising around and saw this cool old coke truck!

Re: couple pics from saturday
Sunday, July 06, 2008 1:41 PM
nice and clean, i like

Sunday, July 06, 2008 2:23 PM
So clean. Did you ever have the centercaps for the wheels? Just look better with them in my opinion.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 2:46 PM
Thanks for the comments! Yes the wheels originally had center caps. A couple years back I had them on my old car and I was living in a bad area of town. Well I went out to the car one morning, the caps were stolen and whoever did it dumped a couple tubs of strawberry yogurt all over the freakin car! The caps were screwed on, the screws had a very odd shaped head to them, so I have no idea how they got them off! Must be suffering from low I.Q. cause they took the caps, left the wheels alone, and I still havent figured out what the deal was with the yogurt!

Sunday, July 06, 2008 3:45 PM
F the haters man, Some people just like to hear themselves talk..You've got a really clean car, and if he was a real car enthusiast, he would appriciate your car for being clean and tastefully modded, not make stupid jokes.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 4:10 PM
oh NOEZ!!! a j-body at a car show?!

/forbidden

Sunday, July 06, 2008 4:44 PM
Chris B. wrote:Thanks for the comments! Yes the wheels originally had center caps. A couple years back I had them on my old car and I was living in a bad area of town. Well I went out to the car one morning, the caps were stolen and whoever did it dumped a couple tubs of strawberry yogurt all over the freakin car! The caps were screwed on, the screws had a very odd shaped head to them, so I have no idea how they got them off! Must be suffering from low I.Q. cause they took the caps, left the wheels alone, and I still havent figured out what the deal was with the yogurt!

Ahh. My old wheels were styled just like that but mine didn't have a screw holding the caps on. Mine would pop right off. I would call the company that made them and see about getting you some new ones!

Sunday, July 06, 2008 7:06 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone! I agree its best to just let those clowns flap their gums, and ignore them. Punching the dudes face would have felt so right though!
As for the wheels, I tried to get some more center caps, called and emailed konig but I didn't have any luck. I'm really leaning towards going with 18's or 19's next spring, so I will probably just roll with cap-less 17's for one more summer!!

Oh I almost forgot, the biggest slap in the face at the carshow! The class I was put in was so broad, 80's and newer stock. It included everything, cars/trucks/misc. All classes were voted on by the spectators dropping ballots into a box. Long story short, the winner of the 80's and newer stock class.... a friggin 80's craftsman lawnmower tractor all stock except dark blue paint with light blue flames, polished hubcaps, and he put 2 polished stacks on it. Paint looked like it was applied with a roller, and flames looked like they were painted with poster paint! Unbelievable! Not saying I should have won by any means, there was a beautiful bone stock 94 viper rt/10 that should have been handed the trophy no question. I guess to the spectators of that particular show, theres nothing prettier than an old craftsman tractor!

Monday, July 07, 2008 1:01 AM
^^^
Puts that comment into perspective.
Any contest that gets put in the hands of spectators like that I tend to stay away from.
I.E. most of the reality audience based voting singing, dance, etc shows on TV.

Bring a beater next time and maybe you'll fare better.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Re: couple pics from saturday/ now a couple new pics and a question!
Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:08 PM
Well I figured since I got a couple interior parts back from the body shop, i'd post a pic of them installed. My question though is for the exterior, I've got a couple broken clips on my sideskirts, and am thinking about replacing them with something different. I really want to keep the clean, simple look of the car. I have been considering the z24 sides for a while now, any opinions? Or is there a more appealing gm skirt than the z24, that would flow nicely on the sunfire? Or option 3, just fix the current ones on the car? I can't decide, theres so many good ones to choose from!

Alrighty on with the pics, first the interior, then my sideskirt, then just a random shot of the car sitting in my shop collecting dust until the weather improves!

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:19 PM
Nice & clean! Me likes! Your right though, I hate haters at car shows, Usually it's the guy driving the rice-rocket that he didn't enter because he didnt have the money that makes gay ass comments like that.

Any true car modder should know how mutch work it takes to make a car look clean.

Monday, July 14, 2008 1:30 PM
Pretty.

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:07 PM
So what if it's a j-body at a car show and it's no different than any other car. It's our life and our style. We don't have to have Heavy modified cars with new paint jobs, body kits, rims with super low profile tires, and so fourth. Yea, i have a sedan with 17" rims with 215/45R17 tires. It's getting a Full Bomex body kit, but no new paint job. If some one says anything about my car i won't care and make a big deal out of it, because it's my car, with my ideas, and it's my J-body. When looking at your sunfire it's clean inside and out. So, F the haters.

WI Vehicle A/C Certified Tech
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search