NEW PICS AGAIn whoring it up i know .. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEW PICS AGAIn whoring it up i know ..
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:54 PM
just a few pics from my road trip this past monday .. this one prove the red vert to be pretty reliable with the 167k she has on it now.

oh and a little update on the 96teal cav...

had to tape the hood in some places to make sure it didnt just all of the sudden open up.. read and seen what they can do on here so i learned before it happend.. the hood did try to rais up .. and no i will not put hood pins ..

rare top up pics

now onto the teal cav.. this is how it has sat since i got the red vert back onto the road.

and just for fun ... i parked just close enough i think haha

Re: NEW PICS AGAIn whoring it up i know ..
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:13 PM
last pic ftw

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:25 PM
bah....no one cares about the teal cav. drop top FTMFW!

btw....this pic just looks damned clean

keep it up

although, hood pins wouldnt be such a bad idea and can really add to the look of the car when done right.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:43 PM
dont know if anyone noticed but i got my handles painted !!!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:36 AM
car looks hot. but honestly saying "the hood tries to come up, but i wont get pins" is like saying "i have cancer, but refuse treatment" you KNOW there is a problem and a fix... but just "wont" do it??

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:13 AM
Is it sad that I liked the look of the GT wheels better?

The vert is still beautiful and nice to see improvements on the paint, but you should consider something to keep the hood down, slide pins wouldn't look bad and at least they can't just fall off. Not that pins will fall if they're installed properly
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:48 AM
well the only reason i put the tape on this time .. was for the long trip. i dont really need them ..

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:49 AM
hood pins FTL dont do it lol

what is wrong with your front rim on the red cav in the last pic? or is that just a weird angle pic making it look bent

looks hot though

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:15 AM
its bent hope to have rims refurbed this summer though

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:52 PM
Nice to see the 'vert rockin the 19's again! lol
and how did painting the door handles go? Did you just paint the stock ones, or did you get covers?

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:53 PM
19s? haha i wish ... only 18s ..

for my handles .. i just made sure any type of wax or grease wasnt present at all.. used duplicolor scratch filler primer and the bright red from duplicolor .. i spray one thin coat of primer down let it sit for a few seconds then wiped it off with a paper towel. this sort of caused the primer to really fill in the texture. did that twice the went ahead and layed down two coats of primer then painted it ..

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:41 PM
If your hood is going to come up that tape isn't going to do a damn thing for you.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:58 PM
Haha, my bad, those rims look bigger since they don't have a lip! Either way, they're sexy as hell! lol and thanks for the handle tips, thats what I want to do on mine as well! I'm sick of the grey plastic!!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:40 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:If your hood is going to come up that tape isn't going to do a damn thing for you.

QFT.

Try moving the hood latch down some. I did on mine & it made a large improvement.

Used to bounce really bad.

Now not much at all.

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:15 PM
What did I tell you in a previous post

Looks sick!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:30 PM
i really liked the gt wheels better too. polish the face and paint the inner portion black, like the guy in your other post with the green sunfire did. as for the hood, i wouldnt worry about it, ive had my cf for 2 summers daily driving with no pins and no one issue. ive seen more issues of pins failing or forgetting to latch them than the hood failing.

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:40 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:If your hood is going to come up that tape isn't going to do a damn thing for you.

it would help about as much as a dude with a hand on the mattress tied to the top of his car

Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:29 PM
Tracer Bullet wrote:

it would help about as much as a dude with a hand on the mattress tied to the top of his car

I have seen this IRL... true story!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:37 PM
even gorilla tape? oh it helped a whole lot actually for the trip. the hood didnt rise at all.. with out the tape the hood looked like it was popped open .. but i do understand the hood pins. but for this car that doesnt see the free way much .. im not gonna bother with it.

Friday, May 30, 2008 12:23 PM
vert looks hot man. LOOOOOVE THE RED

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Friday, May 30, 2008 9:31 PM
What was the process for taking your handles off, and how long did it take to get them off?

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:34 PM
never took them off... just taped it off around the body ...

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:36 PM
oh if done rite it will lood really good rattle canned... if you look at the teal cav .. the side view mirrors are also rattle canned ...

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:50 PM
No shizzz? I did my mirrors too, Im very happy with them..maybe I will try the handles, just taping them..Got anymore upclose pics?

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:55 PM
not at the moment .. cam has been dead for awhile n lazy to post up ... just make sure to prep your handles .. and around it .. i havnt had any chipping issues with my mirrors ever ... i also happend to paint my 03 cavies mirrors and they still looked good

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search