New two tone Paint (56k no) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New two tone Paint (56k no)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:55 PM
Been a while since I posted. Spent the past 4 months studying abroad in Rome. Europe was wild (especially Amsterdam lol), but its good to be back and drive my cav.

Well, last post I showed my intake and exhaust and the painted bumpers after the dings in the bumper were fixed. Well not shorty after getting it all fixed, I was hit in my back bumper and the car got really messed up. Sorry I dont have any pics, it happened right before I left for Italy.

Well, while I was away the car went to the shop and came out looking like this:

Love my paint and body guy. He always amazes me haha. Love how he did around the headlights. Think it came out great. Still have to debadge the back bowtie. Looking to wash her up and get some good pics tomorrow by the beach. Took these right before it started raining.

Also OPINION: Probably going to get a thin vinyl pin stripe to break up the orange and black. Thinking about silver. Let me know what you think.

Comments welcomed. A lot still to come. New tires are needed soon along with strut bars. Also thinking about tinting out the tails and back bar....or hunting/saving for 95-99 toyo tails and cabon fiber filler. I know I need to drop it. Its on the list of things to due. Still in debt with school and Rome so we'll see how far that sets me back before i can start dumping the money into the cav again.

-I'll get something to go here in time

Re: New two tone Paint (56k no)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:03 PM
I would have had the line on the fender meet the outside edge of the headlight, and it might just be me, or your camera but the paint on the bumpers doesn't quite match the rest of the Sunburst Orange Metallic. I'm unsure on whether or not I like it, needs a drop and rims to make it work...

I miss her^
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:04 PM
not a huge fan of fourdoor cavaliers.. but i liek this one.. looking good keep it up

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:05 PM
I too love what he did up front, paint looks mint.

Doesn't really need a dividing stripe IMO but don't think it'd hurt either.

I like it!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:14 PM
Drop it, and it will be perfect

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:16 PM
I like it, looks really clean. Unsure about the stripe, I think it would look nice either way. If you went with a silvery color it would probably bring out your rims more. i think either way would look nice though.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:38 PM
Thanks for the comments so far guys. I same the feel way about the pin stripe, its very up in the air. Just thinking it would hide the seam line better. Wish I can drop it now, just not in the cards right now. If i happen to save enough through work/internship by the end of the summer im looking to put on the agx/prokit setup. Just enough to clean up wheel gap and handle better on turns. North Shore of Long Island is a real bitch to drive in the back roads. With the snow, i dont want the lip becomng a plow either.

RobsCav: The paint on the front bumper does look slighty off. You can only tell in certain lighting. I think you can tell significantly less once the whole car gets waxed. The Front bumper had never been waxed after the first time it was painted, waiting for the new paint to bake two months before i go and do a full wax.

Jazer: Thinkin the same thing about the rims. Down the road after it gets droped i want to throw a pai of black 18's and i think the silver will help make the polished lip on the rims pop.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:00 PM
I like it a lot. I would black out the tails and stripe for sure, but im kindof biased on that one
And the stripe, it could go either way, i agress with Jess tho, it would probly help bring out the rims a lil more. And after the baking period, dont forget to wax the wheels too!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:12 PM
Looks good man! I was going to say lets meet up sometime since I saw the NY plates, but your 5hrs from me. lol...

Keep up the good work!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:28 PM
haha where in ny you Cody....I've always loved your sedan....I always loved the way you and juicy j did the type j kit with the import fighters, only set up that looks good on the sedan. I'm in fairfield, ct for the summer startin in june/july which is actually closer then being on the island. Im down for meeting up one day over the summer.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search