A Couple Of New Pics Of My 04 Sunfire - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A Couple Of New Pics Of My 04 Sunfire
Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:31 PM

Re: A Couple Of New Pics Of My 04 Sunfire
Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:39 PM
IMO: the blue is too random....

at least at this point, but i dont see a common goal (like the top half or bottom half to be eventually painted) just looks like you got ahold of the easier pieces to take off and painted them. i did that... it grew old real quick and did it all over again

but as long as you like it, im happy for you

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:44 PM
Tacky.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:46 PM
Im getting ready to start on the rest on my interior, dash and console, my mirror was kind of a test piece to see if i could get it to turn out smooth and get rid of the textured look, it doesnt look to bad i dont think.
Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:47 PM
Tacky, why is it tacky, because its blue and different??
Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:59 PM
don't take it to heart man people hate when it's not up to their standards even if they don't kow you.... it's ok it's different just not my style though...

Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:28 PM
You know what man I love it for your origonality, it doesn't matter what all people say man as long as you like it that's what matters, and I'm glad to see someone go out of the ordinary and go with blue lips! I'm going with Pink Lemonade lips on mine and Purple Haze paint when it's all done! Good Job man!

Friday, April 25, 2008 5:24 AM
I thank everyone for there opinions i wanted them thats why i posted my pics, but im not one of these people that still live at home with mommy, im married with 3 kids and a brand new $1500 a month house so i cant go out and buy whatever i want when i want it, making sure my 3 kids are taken care of is more important to me than a $1500 suspension or a body kit yes i wanna get that stuff but i cant afford it right now hell i have a hard time putting $15 in gas in my car,so i do what i can when i can, thats why im doin the small stuff, and im proud of my car ive done all the work to my car everything my self i havent had anyone else do anything to my car, i feel very blessed to have what i have. I had to give up my 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass that only had 53,000 miles on it and had edelbrock performer RPM intake cam and 750 cfm carb, bored 40 over, headers, flow master exhaust and 18in american racing torque thrust 2 rim, new paint & and a new vinyl top ,it only got @ 4 or 5 mph i couldn't afford to keep gas in it, so for the good of my family i sold it and got my sunfire it was a big change for me to go from my very fast cutlass to my sunfire. Like I said before thank you for you opinions good or bad i wanted them thats why i posted my pics
Friday, April 25, 2008 5:28 AM
not to bad of pics and i like that color blue its not to bright but not to dark

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:44 AM
that is just not right

we've all been through that phase with our cars.

"All my life I have been trying to figure out who is behind this face of mine"

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:59 AM
so are you eventually doin more blue on the car itself, because it does look kinda random. i don't think anybody was sayin to get everything done, mainly because no one knows the goal. trust me, i know about the money thing, but if got bigger plans for color scheme you didn't state that, you just posted pics and pretty much said "here it is". if you wanted opinions, don't get so tore up about it. as long as you like it, opinion doesn't matter. hell maybe when you're done, everyone will take it back.

Friday, April 25, 2008 8:04 AM
sorry didnt mean to sound hate full i was just sayin. i wasnt tryn to piss anyone off or offend anyone. i do have alotta plans for the car this is just a start like i said its a money thang
Friday, April 25, 2008 9:08 AM
I think you were doing fine until you painted the grills in the front end. And I'm not trying to be hateful, but not having a lot of money for modifications is not an excuse to have tacky modifications on your car. Which like I said, no hate intended, but blue grills don't like right on anything, maybe possibly a blue car, but even that is pushing it.

I'm glad you take care of your family though, a lot more people in this world would do well to follow your example.

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:29 AM
Not feelin' it. As said above, as it sits.. it looks like it was randomly done. It doesn't flow very well.

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:56 AM
MAN is my car really that UGLY that is tacky, i was thinkin it was lokking pretty good, not the best sunfire ive ever seen, but i thought it alright. I guess i was wrong. anybody wanna buy some tacky rim
Friday, April 25, 2008 11:38 AM
I would stick to just the paint on the valve cover. It looks tits IMO. The wiring loom and mirror are to and grill insert are to much for me. You know how sometimes less is more meaning less would look better. Perhaps you could leave the mirror black and put up a tint bannor if you wanted it to stand out some from the front. Just dont do a tint banner that takes up 1/4 of your winsheild as those look horrid. It is all about tring not to over do it.

The problem with trying to do blue or red is sometimes you wind up with many shades the color and they kind of clash. Such as the wire loom intake cuoplers and valve cover. I would go with a nuetral color such as black or silver or just leave it stock in cases like that.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, April 25, 2008 1:12 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:I would stick to just the paint on the valve cover. It looks tits IMO. The wiring loom and mirror are to and grill insert are to much for me. You know how sometimes less is more meaning less would look better. Perhaps you could leave the mirror black and put up a tint bannor if you wanted it to stand out some from the front. Just dont do a tint banner that takes up 1/4 of your winsheild as those look horrid. It is all about tring not to over do it.

The problem with trying to do blue or red is sometimes you wind up with many shades the color and they kind of clash. Such as the wire loom intake cuoplers and valve cover. I would go with a nuetral color such as black or silver or just leave it stock in cases like that.

Thanks for the suggestion i took of all my bright blue wire loom and looks much better thanks. I have another valve cover i was gonna paint it a different color besides blue, i was gonna go with black or silver and then paint the ignition coil and module cover in the middle blue
Friday, April 25, 2008 2:30 PM
Chris Heckman wrote:I thank everyone for there opinions i wanted them thats why i posted my pics, but im not one of these people that still live at home with mommy, im married with 3 kids and a brand new $1500 a month house so i cant go out and buy whatever i want when i want it, making sure my 3 kids are taken care of is more important to me than a $1500 suspension or a body kit yes i wanna get that stuff but i cant afford it right now hell i have a hard time putting $15 in gas in my car,so i do what i can when i can, thats why im doin the small stuff, and im proud of my car ive done all the work to my car everything my self i havent had anyone else do anything to my car, i feel very blessed to have what i have. I had to give up my 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass that only had 53,000 miles on it and had edelbrock performer RPM intake cam and 750 cfm carb, bored 40 over, headers, flow master exhaust and 18in american racing torque thrust 2 rim, new paint & and a new vinyl top ,it only got @ 4 or 5 mph i couldn't afford to keep gas in it, so for the good of my family i sold it and got my sunfire it was a big change for me to go from my very fast cutlass to my sunfire. Like I said before thank you for you opinions good or bad i wanted them thats why i posted my pics

dude... nobody said your car sucks because it doesnt have an expensive body kit. But being low on cash doesnt mean paint everything. You can do tasteful mods on a cheap budget. Or better yet, save money and do what you really want to do. Lack of money is never an excuse for tacky mods. No Mods are cheaper than tacky mods, and typically look better. I'm married and have a mortgage too. I havn't painted every random part of my car that I know how to take off. I really like the engine bay, minus the wire loom. The rims arent bad if the rest of the blue disapears. I'd say keep the rims and valve cover painted and make everything else black/silver, and it would look really clean again.

Friday, April 25, 2008 5:37 PM
LOL Remembers me when I painted my whole fu˘king dash yellow when the car was indigo blue....

We all screwed up at some point on our cars!

I'd rather screw up at the first stage than the last!!

Friday, April 25, 2008 6:48 PM
i like everything about the car......the minus the blue grill....everything else is tastefully done....great start.

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Friday, April 25, 2008 6:57 PM
I like the rims but the wire loom, painted grille, drums, and mirror = rice.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:22 PM
I'm not a fan of the blue lip on the rims, but without all the other blue, they would look OK.

I definitely think the engine bay will look 10X better without the blue loom. Black would be much cleaner, and it wouldn't overshaddow the nice paint on the cover. For the mirror, if you want it a different color than the factory black, try the same color as the car. I would say the same with the grills.

As said multiple times already, random accent color doesn't do any car justice. And most of us can understand not having a lot of money to mod (I have a house payment, a wife, and 3 kids as well. It just means my projects take a long time). The key is to plan what you want the car to look like in the end, and figure out which little steps you can take that will help bring the car together. For engine dressup, look at some of the nice CF pieces available. They're small, and not hugely expensive, and you can pick up one at a time if you want. There are also some nice billet pieces available.

For larger mods, ya just gotta save up and wait. No need to completely throw them out the window.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:03 AM
thank you everyone for there advice i really appreciate it, now that i have looked back at what everyone has said and really stopped and looked at my car i can see what some of you are talking about. i have removed the bright blue wire loom it does look better. im getting ready to paint another valve caver in black or silver and do the center coil cover in blue so theres not so much blue & paint my dash , center console and door panels. i wanna stick with silver and black but i wanna but some blue in there to, the rings around by HVAC vents and rear view mirror are blue, any suggestions or ideas that would help me out. again thank you very much for your input. I think i said all that other stuff because i was just frustrated because i had spent so much time doing that stuff i thought it was looking pretty good & its not the reaction i thought i was gonna get, but some of you are right and i apologize for some of the stuff i said. every one on this site is a great help
Saturday, April 26, 2008 11:07 AM
hey man couple questions
1. did you paint the wheels? or buy them w/ the blue lip?
2. If you painted them what color is it? Is it HOK Blue?

Im a big fan of your wheels and am thinking of painting/powdercoating mine the same way.

like everyone else said the blue grills are a lill off but still look ok. Wire loom is ok cause you are proally the only one whos gonna see it.

the main thing to remeber is that its your car and if you like it, thats all that matters.

Wen painting the dash sutle lil accents are ok, but if its everything you can take off in a 5 min period then its kinda like wtf, even if you spent xxx amount of time doin it.

btw

here is what the black valve cover and blue center will look like(HOk tru blue pearl)

swapped, supercharged, intercooled, 2.9, fun
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search