small update :) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
small update :)
Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:37 AM
so its been a whlie since i last posted pix. ive been working hard on my new door panels,trunk setup, and gettin ready for somethin special in the near future(3 weeks) . now i didnt expect to get a hood any time soon but, i got a HELLUVA deal on this turbosport hood from chris (wasp96). thats right .. a perfect condition CBD carbon fiber turbo sport hood . drove 2 hours up to brownwood tx to meet hiim up and drive back with it on with the pix!!!!!!!

the weave on this thing is just perfect.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t182/djpurplesprite/IMG_2496.jpg

now the more and more i look at it im thinking of leaving it the way it is. but my original plan was to paint the outter portion to match the car and inner portion a thin coat of black .

but as i was talkin to a buddy of mine, he was saying that this is 1 of the 4 original turbosport hoods made by CBD before they were bought out. im not 100% sure on this but if anybody can give me any info. i would appreciate it!!

as always all comments are welcome

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!

Re: small update :)
Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:59 AM
looks sweet i have always like your car. i wouldnt paint the hood if i were you. and i know you buddy is right that these are limited but i dont know the numbers

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:04 AM
Nice, nice, nice, and nice hood! that front and hood combo is the sh*t! i actually like it better then my set-up!

ah well! jbo 4 life!

WI-Jtuners member
Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:05 AM
I'd paint the hood like you were thinking, but leave the middle clear instead of painting it black. I love CF hoods partially painted. Not a fan of leaving them full clear unless on a black car.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:06 AM
^ is that why ur car is black?

WI-Jtuners member
Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:07 AM
wow that looks really good. flows real nice w/ the front bumper. i'd leave it unpainted.

oh and since this wasn't posted in thread...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:08 AM

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:09 AM
02 redbadged wrote:^ is that why ur car is black?

LOL. No. I have the FG version, not CF. My car is primer, not black paint.
I'ts still in primer because I've been doing a lot of other stuff to it, and haven't quite got to paint yet. I'm hoping to get the paint on it this spring, but we'll see. Funds are a little tight at the moment.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:10 AM
yellow22 wrote:looks sweet i have always like your car. i wouldnt paint the hood if i were you. and i know you buddy is right that these are limited but i dont know the numbers

thanks man i appreciate it. as ive always liked your car too . and like you said i probably wont paint the hood. especially when im not 100% positive on whether its one of the 4 hoods. thanks for the compliments bro!!.

02 redbadged wrote:Nice, nice, nice, and nice hood! that front and hood combo is the sh*t! i actually like it better then my set-up!

ah well! jbo 4 life!

thanks bro. its my favorite hood ever made for the cav

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:13 AM
idk man! i'd leave it unpainted! example:

WI-Jtuners member
Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:13 AM
s1lver_N1p wrote:wow that looks really good. flows real nice w/ the front bumper. i'd leave it unpainted.

thanks man i love how it flows witht he bc2 front.. i didnt even notice it didnt show up lol. thanks for post in up man. love your car btw.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:14 AM
I'd like to see some red on the hood. Just as long as it doesn't outline the scoop like I have seen some people do. I have always been a fan of the turbo sport hood tho!

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:15 AM
the pic didnt show up redbadged i got a x

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:17 AM
02 redbadged wrote:idk man! i'd leave it unpainted! example:

i got owned. here we go........

WI-Jtuners member
Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:22 AM
yea your car definately looks good with witht he hood. i have until april to decide if i wana paint it. but im pretty certain as of right now that i mostlikely will not paint it . but i tend to change my mind alot so who knows lol

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:22 AM
Love it man, How is the light output with those headlights?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:28 AM
i think the only way to paint it. is to paint everything but the inside of the scoop to the front of the hood!

kinda what joey baggs did?

WI-Jtuners member
Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:33 AM
whitecavy the light output is good. i upgraded to a 6k hid kit from oznium and its great. only problem i had with these lights WAS the cut off line. it had some lil dip in the plate so i sanded it flat and its great now

redbadged. i agree bro. thats the way i was gonna paint it, if infact i decided to

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:36 AM
02 redbadged wrote:i think the only way to paint it. is to paint everything but the inside of the scoop to the front of the hood!

kinda what joey baggs did?

That's exactly what I'm picturing. I think it would look sweet.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:38 AM
I would leave it unpainted, or just a little bit a paint , do not paint the whole thing.

Your car looks badass and clean, really nice work.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:49 AM
thanks jersey kid. whatever i decide to do i promise it will be tasteful . thanks for all the comments everybody. !! keep em comin

Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:01 AM
Is it possible to make love to a car?

Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:11 AM
That looks so sweet I have always liked your cav with the lines and color its like candy that hood just works with it well.
Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:32 AM
Very nice, looks great man.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:49 AM
i love that car but i would like 2 see black rims with a chrome lip im not a fan of the all blacked out rims just my 2 cents

other than that love the car im jealous lol

13.1 @ 115
Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:03 PM
Michael Barr wrote:i love that car but i would like 2 see black rims with a chrome lip im not a fan of the all blacked out rims just my 2 cents

other than that love the car im jealous lol

the wheels are hot swaps, and if i'm remembering correctly, he had (or is having) the inserts painted to match the car....which will look awesome

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search