New pictures of the Sunfire Sedan now w/ '00-'02 Cav trunk lid & tails - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New pictures of the Sunfire Sedan now w/ '00-'02 Cav trunk lid & tails
Saturday, December 01, 2007 11:29 AM
Last week I drove out to the local forest preserve to take a few updated exterior pictures of the Sedan. Unfortunately the batteries on the camera died and I was only able to get these three .

Earlier today it started snowing so I decided I would go for a ride to see how well the Kumhos handle the snow (since they’re supposed to be all-season ). I figured I’d head back to the forest preserve to get some final exterior pictures before I put the steelies on for the winter .

Next up is tinting the reverse lights on the inner tails red, wiring up the fog lights (thanks Eric ) and 35% tint all around.

In the spring all the body / paint work will be done; evil eyelids on the stock hood, Z24 side skirts and painted door handles.

After that it will be time to finish up the interior and engine compartment and call it finished!

Let me know what you think…

Re: New pictures of the Sunfire Sedan now w/ '00-'02 Cav trunk lid & tails
Saturday, December 01, 2007 11:39 AM
cool, looks good! the pro kit looks a tad lower in these pics for some reason. only thing i dont like about it is the rear bumper, eck. other than that, i like

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Saturday, December 01, 2007 11:49 AM
Thanks! It was parked on a blanket of leaves so I don't know if that would make it lower or not. I think it looks pretty good with the Sunfire rear, but feel free to photo chop a '00-'02 LS rear on there if ya'd like *hint hint* .

Saturday, December 01, 2007 12:03 PM
Lookin good! Evil eyes will look so mean on there!

----------------------------
<<<<<2003 Sunfire Sedan>>>>>

Saturday, December 01, 2007 12:34 PM
Thanks! I can't wait to get the evil eyes done! This car has been my background for quite a while now:

I'm not sure whose car it is, but God is it sexy! The front end looks so freaking evil! I love it!

Saturday, December 01, 2007 12:48 PM
I'm sorry, but the rear bumper just ruins it..... the thing is just.... ugly

definitly get an LS sport bumper, anything from 00-05 would look better

otherwise the car looks great

Saturday, December 01, 2007 3:10 PM
Thanks! I am seriously considering a '00-'02 Cavalier LS rear bumper. Hopefully I can find one before spring when the car will be going to the body shop.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 4:08 PM
After looking around on Car Domain at all the different Cavalier rear bumpers, I realized I don't like the looks of any of them, even the '00-'02 LS. I think the Sunfire rear bumper flows really well with the GT front bumper and the Z24 sides. Long story short, I will be sticking with the Sunfire rear bumper! I think it will look a lot better once the Cavalier reverse lights are tinted red too.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 4:21 PM
i just read your story about j-body's in your registry... i must say it was pretty cool reading about how many your family has had etc.

you definatly have good taste, keep up the good work.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 4:33 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
Earlier today it started snowing so I decided I would go for a ride to see how well the Kumhos handle the snow (since they’re supposed to be all-season ). I figured I’d head back

Well it's helpful to know that all-seasons are not designed for either snow/ice or cold weather (all seasons = any season that is mild-hot and that is wet or dry) .... they become worse once it hits -10 celcius or lower.....

anyways nice sunfire!! it definitely will look a lot nicer once the evil eyes are done... personally I love the evil eye look and the only thing stopping me from doing it is I need to fix some body work before I can tackle that haha but good luck!!
Sunday, December 02, 2007 5:38 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i just read your story about j-body's in your registry... i must say it was pretty cool reading about how many your family has had etc.

you definatly have good taste, keep up the good work.

Yeah, we <3 J-Bodies ! We currently have two in the garage and two in the driveway. Everyday at my house is like a mini J-Body meet . Thanks for the kind words .

McManus wrote:Well it's helpful to know that all-seasons are not designed for either snow/ice or cold weather (all seasons = any season that is mild-hot and that is wet or dry) .... they become worse once it hits -10 celcius or lower.....

anyways nice sunfire!! it definitely will look a lot nicer once the evil eyes are done... personally I love the evil eye look and the only thing stopping me from doing it is I need to fix some body work before I can tackle that haha but good luck!!

Yep, they had no traction whatsoever . However, I did forget to turn my Shift Plus off so I am going to try that today and see if it makes any kind of difference, but either way the steelies will still be going back on. I wish it were spring already so I could get the evil eyes done .

Sunday, December 02, 2007 11:03 AM
strat81 Online
i think the 03+ rear would look good. take your pic on base or ls sport. or you can do the 03 base rear with a retrofitted 02 rear lip...

Sunday, December 02, 2007 1:22 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:After looking around on Car Domain at all the different Cavalier rear bumpers, I realized I don't like the looks of any of them, even the '00-'02 LS. I think the Sunfire rear bumper flows really well with the GT front bumper and the Z24 sides. Long story short, I will be sticking with the Sunfire rear bumper! I think it will look a lot better once the Cavalier reverse lights are tinted red too.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 2:19 PM
strat81 wrote:i think the 03+ rear would look good. take your pic on base or ls sport. or you can do the 03 base rear with a retrofitted 02 rear lip...

is it me or does the lip kit look too small for that bumper?

Getting "better built" for the '08...
Sunday, December 02, 2007 2:39 PM
Yeah, it definitely looks like it doesn't fit right...

Sunday, December 02, 2007 6:22 PM
Good stuff

Sunday, December 02, 2007 7:14 PM
strat81 Online
J TO ENVY wrote:Yeah, it definitely looks like it doesn't fit right...

actually it fits fine, just had a metal clip pop out on the right side by the exhaust.... but whichever... it's your car

Monday, December 03, 2007 4:55 PM
Gregoiro (Greg C) wrote:Good stuff

Thanks Greg !

strat81 wrote:actually it fits fine, just had a metal clip pop out on the right side by the exhaust.... but whichever... it's your car

I didn't mean anything bad about your car, I was just agreeing with Holloween that it didn't look right in the picture... now we know why .

And I am just not really a fan of Cavalier rear bumpers. I think the car looks great just the way it is.

Monday, December 03, 2007 7:21 PM
strat81 Online
didn't take it that way... no harm, no fowl!

as long as you like it, that's all that really matters!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search