Pics of Ecotec Supercharger INSTALLED please. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pics of Ecotec Supercharger INSTALLED please.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:15 PM
Can you please post pics of your S/C installed on your car. Close up would be nice. Just seeing what everything looks like after it is installed. Thinking of making a custom intake, so I would like to see how much room is left in there.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Pics of Ecotec Supercharger INSTALLED please.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:23 PM
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:42 PM
Thanks ALOT! I see that I need to get the bracket that goes in between the ALTERNATOR and the engine. Much appreciation for the pics.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:04 PM

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:56 AM
You might want to hit up phlatcav for some pictures of his if you have not already. I remeber him taking alot of closeup pics from different angles of his with the supercharger.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 11:14 AM
mine looks exactly like toms

i wanna polished on

hey tom what coolant tank is that.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:53 PM
The hose that comes off the Supercharger near the Throttle-Body and runs back towards the firewall, what is it for? Where does it go to from the Supercharger?

Anyone know where I could get the AEM or any other Cold air Intake section from? Can you just buy the section that goes into the fenderwell? I would be willing to cut up my cheap intake on my 03 to make it work with the CAI section of another one. I plan on removing my RK ECO intake from my Blue cav and putting it on the 03. I have a 2.4 $25 intake on the 03 to use for cutting up.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:01 PM
prob brake booster

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:42 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:You might want to hit up phlatcav for some pictures of his if you have not already. I remeber him taking alot of closeup pics from different angles of his with the supercharger.

I tried calling him, I do not have his current Number.

I would love to just drive down to KY to see my family and then go to Aaron's house and pick his brain for hours on end and get mine like the PHLATCAV was. His silver car has inspired me on almost everything I do to my car.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:56 PM
Snowman wrote:mine looks exactly like toms

i wanna polished on

hey tom what coolant tank is that.

It's a 03-04 mustang Cobra intercooler tank. Cap even says intercooler on it.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:50 PM

The bracket that holds on that pulley to the bracket in between the Alternator and the Engine. Well the bracket they gave me was POLISHED like the S/C with a black pulley on it. It has a # on it if you want to try and order one for yourself.

In case your not sure what I'm referring to, it is the little pulley with the stabilizer on it. Very small but I know you like to keep your engine bay BLINGIN!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:43 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:

The bracket that holds on that pulley to the bracket in between the Alternator and the Engine. Well the bracket they gave me was POLISHED like the S/C with a black pulley on it. It has a # on it if you want to try and order one for yourself.

In case your not sure what I'm referring to, it is the little pulley with the stabilizer on it. Very small but I know you like to keep your engine bay BLINGIN!

thats cool lol. from what i can tell u say the hydralic tensioner pulley is polished and has a black pulley? that would look great with the rest of my engine bay. whats the number ill try and c if i can get one thanks! and from your other question the big line running from the charger is the brake booster vac line. there is another on the underside running for the fuel purge canister thing. what all was missing from the kit? the pictures didnt show much from what i saw on the ebay page. ne ways good luck with it and congrats it looks damn good! let me no if u need ne thing else or help with the install ill b glad 2 b of some assistance.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:21 PM
This is the pulley and bracket I was reffering to.

Here is where the numbers are located.

It reads:
INA F-392780.01
GERMANY

Here is my S/c on the Intake Manifold, I just set it up to make sure I had all the bolts.

I am making a trip back to Schram next Monday to get the rest of the parts. I am planning on taking my fuel rail and swapping it for the one with the injectors already on it.

Also I need to get the pulley bracket off the engine that is between the ALT and block.

They already gave me the Upper Rad Hose and ALL Wire harness connectors.

The Staff at Schram is GREAT. I asked how much I could get off the engine? As far as parts for the S/C since the Engine is on a shelf and the Auction DID NOT have all the parts. They told me "Whatever you need to make it work right, we have no problem in getting you all the parts you need". Pretty cool if you ask me.

The Cavalier it was on had a 2.2 MANUAL ECOTEC. If I had a 5speed I would be all set. They were willing to let me SWAP the ECM from that motor for my stock one. But I have a 4spd. So I guess I'll just have to get it retuned.

A few things I am going to buy over the winter months are the Heat Exchanger/Intercooler and the parts to make it work correctly. Also my Uncle owns a Machine Shop that opened earlier this year, I'm going to talk to him about gettin some custom made Pulleys with my car club logo on them.

Thanks for the help so far guys, I seem to have lost my Build Book I got from one of the J-Bashes a few years back, so I am tryin to make sure I have all the parts judgung by what I have in front of me and what people have in the pics they show me.

If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have known for a while that I was missing the pulley bracket, probably till it was too late.

I wonder if this S/C was ported???? I 'll have to take off the Throttle Body and have a look. Also I wonder if the throttly body that it came with is the same as my stock 02 or a bigger bore. Either way I have an extra one now.

Probably only polished on the outside, but who knows?

Once again, THANKS so far for the pics guys!

For those that might not know, The very same company that has been parting out the Turbo Sport Cavalier Body Kits etc. on eBay, that is who I got the S/C from. They say the car it came off of only had 342miles on it.

Someone on here bought this kit earlier this year

Then I think John Pipiro from Canada bought the Leather interior out of it off of eBay also.

The BIG BRAKES went earlier this year too.

Well they have the AXIS HAGENS for sale too, I think this is the Cav the S/C came off of. I think they just got the year wrong in the auction listing. I know this Sedan had a S/C

If you google search "ECOTEC SUPERCHARGER" under the IMAGES TAB, this pic shows up with a subtitle "262hp Supercharged CAVALIER"

Well they have had so many parts off that car for sale this year it is the only S/C Cav I can think of that they parted out. The others were TURBO SPORT hence a Turbo instead of a S/C

Anyways the S/C and all the parts are just as good as new, very good shape. The pics show smudges in the finish, I will re-polish the S/C once it is finally installed.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:35 PM
^ no shat your the one who got that, and you know i was going to bid on it to, congrats on the pickup

Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:53 PM
It should look awesome bro! ... even though I've known this for over a week now

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Friday, October 19, 2007 12:57 AM
heres mine from last year in stock trim :-)

Friday, October 19, 2007 5:42 AM
James, YOU SUCK.

Nice purchase!

Yes, it's my REAL car. No, it is NOT photoshopped or "this is how my car will look someday". It's the REAL DEAL.
Friday, October 19, 2007 11:07 AM
Ha ha, yea i saw that on ebay and thought about posting it up on the org, but hen decided not to.

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:13 PM
Nity9CavSedanCRJ (RDFABS) wrote:Ha ha, yea i saw that on ebay and thought about posting it up on the org, but hen decided not to.

i was hoping someone wasn't going to. it only jacks the price up even higher. was bidding on it myself. set a max since it still needed a tons of parts. at least you get to get what is needed now.

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:23 PM
Did you get the alternator mount bracket? How about the lower support for the lower manifold? I see none of the parts pictured.

Check this pic for most of the litle ancillary parts:

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:42 PM
do u have the intake mani gasket? and what bout the tmap sensor is that on the intake mani? the lower intake bracket. just tryin 2 think of the little things lol

Friday, October 19, 2007 4:44 PM
Marchi1 wrote:Did you get the alternator mount bracket? How about the lower support for the lower manifold? I see none of the parts pictured.

Check this pic for most of the litle ancillary parts:

I am going Monday to get the ALT mounting bracket from the engine.

I have the Lower Manifold bracket, it was still on the manifold. All the bolts and nuts are there too. I only took a pic of the charger on the manifold.

Friday, October 19, 2007 9:11 PM
i have that same pulley bracket....

must be a GM custom piece....

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, October 19, 2007 9:23 PM
05xtremecav wrote:do u have the intake mani gasket? and what bout the tmap sensor is that on the intake mani? the lower intake bracket. just tryin 2 think of the little things lol

Show me what the TMAP sensor looks like please?

Are you refferring to the gasket that goes in between the S/C and the Intake Manifold? OR the Gasket that goes between the Engine and the Manifold?

I got the Gasket that goes in between the S/C and the Intake Manifold. The Lower bracket that swivels, that is on the Intake manifold still.

I will take a pic of everything I have all spread out and see what you guys think.

Friday, October 19, 2007 9:28 PM
oh yeah... if you get the tmap (the sensor at the top left of the intake mani) get the plug and a part of the harness....

that little plug with wires is 100 bucks from gm, not including the cost of the sensor.... (i ended up cutting the sensor apart and soldering on my own connector)

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search