"Pic Request" indash dvd - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
"Pic Request" indash dvd
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:18 PM
I'm looking to get a in-dash dvd with a 7" screen. I ran a search but came up with nothing. Looking for pics of and in-dash installed in a cavy. I have a 2000 Cavy and my question is, is there enough room for it when its installed for it to tilt back enough with the vents being behind it to look decent? Pics would be great. Thanks!

Re: "Pic Request" indash dvd
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:20 PM
Sorry, I thought I was in "audio & electronics".

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:25 PM
I have an Eclipse head unit that tilts back. It does fit with the vents there. I don't have any pics of it open and tilted, but I have had it for 4 yrs now and no problems.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:40 PM
I have a pioneer in-dash plenty of room but takes away from heat or air from the vents
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 2:17 PM
best i got really. and to answer your question , yes it can be tilted back but not so much. i have about 1/4 of an inch inbetween the vent and screen. but the other guys are right. it does take away from the amount of heat and air that come out from the center vents.hope it helps

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Re:
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:04 PM
This probably doesn't help, but here it is.....

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:18 PM
Brandon03 wrote:I have a pioneer in-dash plenty of room but takes away from heat or air from the vents

yes this is very true. you have to watch out and not run your a/c on it for to long because it will get moist inside the screen then it will not work anymore

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=108174799
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:28 PM

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:06 PM
Awesome. Thanks guys, been a great help!! Thank you very much!!!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:22 PM

concept idm-888 side to side swivel also

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:33 PM
double din ftw!

it tilts too

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:18 PM
^^ Now that is nice!!!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:28 PM
Did you have to do any modifying to get that in there? or just a bolt in and put the bezel over it?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:06 PM
that's all i can find uploaded. i should have others some where of sndsgood's indash dvd player.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:52 PM
mine fits fine
if you've ever done any dash install you can play with it just a tiny bit and make it perfect

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:05 PM

here is mine it doesnt block much of the ac vents i fliped the radio instal kit upside down to give it that 1 extra inch of room

Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:37 AM
double din just bolted up for me... no problem at all. it went in good
Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:59 AM
wrap your noodles around this one boys... i still have yet to figure out how it was done, both units are DIN sized, but i just dont see the stock opening being that large. props to whosever this amazing setup belongs to, i stole it out of audio and electronics awhile ago and could never find out whos it was.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:11 PM
My buddy is running a double din Eclipse deck-

....and one of my favorite units-
AVIC D3 install (click)

Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:18 PM
z yaaaa wrote:wrap your noodles around this one boys... i still have yet to figure out how it was done, both units are DIN sized, but i just dont see the stock opening being that large. props to whosever this amazing setup belongs to, i stole it out of audio and electronics awhile ago and could never find out whos it was.

I have the doubble din kit for the cavalier/sunfire on my desk right here my kenwood had an aux input when you want to watch the movie just flip it to aux. but getting rid of the car so its not going to happen anymore.

Re:
Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:13 PM
i see, well i guess it fits then. to me just looking at the single din install kit with the little shelf under it doesnt look big enough to support 2 single din units. but the double din install kit obviously shows it possible.

god i want an 00+ dash....

Re:
Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:15 PM
z yaaaa wrote:god i want an 00+ dash....

Hahaha!

God you keep setting me up.

Re:
Thursday, October 18, 2007 3:11 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:god i want an 00+ dash....

Hahaha!

God you keep setting me up.

yeah yeah we all know your the big shot with the 95-99 and a 00+ dash, rub it in some more why dont cha?! hahaha

someday it will be done...

Re:
Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:34 PM
I like my single din, 3.5" screen

Re:
Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:26 PM
/\/\/\/\ if thats the one that does navi, those go for like 1200... damn. id have just gone double din for that much but still looks nice.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search