DOOR PANELS PROJECT - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DOOR PANELS PROJECT
Thursday, September 20, 2007 11:18 AM
i'm gonna put it in the car just like it sits and hook the speakers up and sound they sound. i'll figure something out later about the window crank. i'll try and update everyday. on a side note, wife works at academy here in beaumont,tx and country singer tracy bird is originally from here. he came in the store today and she freaked out. lol. anyways, she got him to sign his autograph and adressed it to me. i am a big country fan. i thought that was cool of her. i knew i married her for a reason. oh well, heres the pics. C&C welcome

Re: DOOR PANELS PROJECT
Thursday, September 20, 2007 11:47 AM
Sweet, cant wait to see the progress.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:07 PM
How far does that come into the car. Looks like it can scrape your leg. But can't wait to see it finished.
Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:34 PM
i just went to test fit it to see how far it came into the car and it comes in pretty far. i would wind up hitting it with my leg. so, i'm gonna cut the dowels in half to bring it in closer to the panel and i need to angle them so there facing me just a lil more. that should fix it and then i can go ahead and wrap them.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:42 PM
koo im doing th same thing as soon as my speakers get here

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:45 PM
cool man. good luck with it. can't wait to see how it turns out. as for the window crank-i know i would personally swap to power windows. i did it in my car and i'm very happy i did. i hated reaching across the car to roll down the window and such

Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:52 PM
yeah i'd suggest basically removing the short supports near the front and cut the back in half at least.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:18 PM
just for looks of what? those coaxials will fit in the stock locations fine without hitting anything with a simple 1/2 inch baffle.... are you doing more show-ish stuff to them other than just glassing them so that you can mount the speakers like that? almost seems like lot of work you dont need.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:23 PM
what you got in that sippy cup? I want some. You should just throw an 8" driver there

Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:18 PM
ummm no he shouldnt have, dipshlt.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Friday, September 21, 2007 4:59 AM
Nice. I basically did the same thing. Check out my FAQ and avoid some of the mistakes I made. Keep the pics coming.

HOW TO - Fiberglass Your Door Panels, Lots of pics

Wide Body Progress

Friday, September 21, 2007 2:00 PM
first try

second try. both panels are now like this. just need to wrap them. i'll do that tommorrow. maybe throw down a layer of glass also.

Friday, September 21, 2007 2:10 PM
if they are on axis speakers and your angling them angle them back like you have them. and up towards the opposite listener. id also suggest getting them closer to the door. your still looking at roughly a 5" thick door panel near the bottom. just going to look big.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, September 24, 2007 4:31 PM
just a lil update. both panels look like this. i'll probably start glassing wensday. does anyone know how to wire in m3 mirrors. i just got some from aplus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, September 24, 2007 4:33 PM

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:38 PM
i have a sugestion for you..unless you are really stuck on wanting to mak it all one piece why not do what im dong and make mold of the area where the carpet is and then build off that so its a detachable peice..keeps more of a stock feel..and much less work..phil
Monday, September 24, 2007 7:18 PM
don;t forget to staple around your speaker bezel so that it is flat and holds the speaker properly... generally (as i'm sure you know and probably just haven't done yet) you stable or hot glue the fabric to your circle MDF ring so that it works out properly.
Monday, September 24, 2007 7:24 PM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:ummm no he shouldnt have, dipshlt.

whoa!!!! dude chill I was just messin with him.... get your panties out of a bunch and stick to music geesh.

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:29 PM
paul eccles wrote:don;t forget to staple around your speaker bezel so that it is flat and holds the speaker properly... generally (as i'm sure you know and probably just haven't done yet) you stable or hot glue the fabric to your circle MDF ring so that it works out properly.

i havent forgetten. lol. that was just my stopping point. at first, i tried to staple the fabric down instead of glueing it ddown and the damn staple broke. thats some tough plastic. hopefully tommorow the staples will work.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:50 PM
not sure why you're going thru all that trouble to do the entire door panel.

got a feeling you'll regret that one

Built Not Bought
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:23 PM
Joey Baggs (Eazy716) wrote:not sure why you're going thru all that trouble to do the entire door panel.

got a feeling you'll regret that one

For real man, there's no reason to glass our entire panels, you're just signing yourself up for an endless amount of sanding. I would suggest simply glassing them into the triangular section, then just sand the factory texture smooth. In the end you will have a much nicer result, trust me.

-- John

Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:22 AM
heres what im doin, lots eaiser still got more cuttin to do to the triangle area and add tweeters

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:34 PM
all modding has ceased for the time being due to more important things going on. thanks for lookin.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search