Turbosport body kit under the knife? ( progress thread) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbosport body kit under the knife? ( progress thread)
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:25 AM
Wait WHAT? Ya i know i may be retarted but to me it looks 100 x better and its like in the first step. If you think i was extremely dumb doing this you can join the crowd. This is just like any other body kit some people hate and some people like but meh, i get this! This thing will be updated daily around this time until this bumper is done.

On with the pictures:

This is the opening of the bumper before i jumped out it with a dremel...

as you can see the line that i cut out so i have some what of a straight line when i want to re glass.

This is after me and my friend both cutout the opening and then glassed the three pieces back onto the bumper from the back.

this morning after i just mad sure things were still going good after i let it sit over night to cure.

Let me know what you think.

Re: Turbosport body kit under the knife? ( progress thread)
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:32 AM
scuff up that glass work you cut out really good so the new glass sticks to the front side of it.

did you think about cutting it into 2 pieces instead? Looking at the pics it's as if you could have cut it from the center point and had a new left and right side, with only the middle missing instead.

Keep those pics coming buddy. I like the larger mouth on it already.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:42 AM
I agree with big poppa, its already looking better.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:06 AM
it looks better....

but if it doesnt work... zomg..

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:06 AM
I'm really sad. This was not the kind of kit you modify like this, but oh well.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:10 AM
John Higgins wrote:I'm really sad. This was not the kind of kit you modify like this, but oh well.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:27 AM
QBE (Aka Phil No More Boost) wrote:
John Higgins wrote:I'm really sad. This was not the kind of kit you modify like this, but oh well.

Sorry I have to follow this crowd, I understand it's doing something different but it's not the one that I would be doing something different. I would have atleast had a mold of this bumper made that way if it gets messed up the "concept" bumper is not ruined.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:30 AM
Br0k3n FIRE... (ExESIVE FIRE) wrote:it looks better....

but if it doesnt work... zomg..

my thoughts exactly.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:41 AM
smh...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:59 AM
I dont know.... now its gonna look like the Tuner kit for the 03-05 Cavi's except on a 00-02 front. Its a good idea but killing the turbosport bumper might come back to haunt you if you mess up

F/S 00-02 Type J Bumpers front and rear Make me an Offer
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:02 AM
Loos good man, who cares what bumper it is, its his car he bought the bumper go for it the whole reason everyone is in this is to be original and use a new idea. Who else has done this???? nobody props for being different.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:16 AM

Both of you have done things to your cars people didn't agree with.

The Reaper got new wheels/airbrushing.
QBE was stripped of it's exterior goodies at one point.

I say don't jump to conclusions. Chances are, if he never posted "progress" pics, most people would NEVER have even known it was modified.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:18 AM
weren't you afraid of the bumper getting destroyed if you had a mold taken of it?

but you're not afraid to take a dremel to the only one in known existence?

<sigh>

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:18 AM
BuMmRz wrote:Loos good man, who cares what bumper it is, its his car he bought the bumper go for it the whole reason everyone is in this is to be original and use a new idea. Who else has done this???? nobody props for being different.

I agree. Being different is good, why follow what everyone else is doing? It gets tiring seeing people do the same thing over and over again, its nice to see new ideas, new designs, new concepts.

If everyone in the automotive industry followed each other without being different imagine the kind of cars we would have now a days.

Props to the work being done, good luck with everything.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:27 AM
muffin wrote:

Both of you have done things to your cars people didn't agree with.

The Reaper got new wheels/airbrushing.
QBE was stripped of it's exterior goodies at one point.

I say don't jump to conclusions. Chances are, if he never posted "progress" pics, most people would NEVER have even known it was modified.

Ok Thomas at least use better examples. Changing wheels. Big deal they can be changed back. That I recall no one made any comments about going to airbrush from graphics. Still the changes my Dad and I made and even QBE made do not compare. QBE could buy all the same parts and put them back on. This guy can't buy this kit if it gets messed up. The changes to the Reaper except for the wheels had to be done. The graphics was faded coming off, and the paint was in bad shape. We did not modify body parts.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:28 AM
it's not unique anymore. now it looks more like this.

a modified drift front. (quick photoshop)

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:29 AM
JsUn wrote:
BuMmRz wrote:Loos good man, who cares what bumper it is, its his car he bought the bumper go for it the whole reason everyone is in this is to be original and use a new idea. Who else has done this???? nobody props for being different.

I agree. Being different is good, why follow what everyone else is doing? It gets tiring seeing people do the same thing over and over again, its nice to see new ideas, new designs, new concepts.

If everyone in the automotive industry followed each other without being different imagine the kind of cars we would have now a days.

Props to the work being done, good luck with everything.

there's nothing wrong with being different, and the work thus far looks pretty good

but there is NO other bumper like this in the world. He couldn't have had a mold taken of it before he modified his? There was only a slim chance it could be damaged and money could have been made in the reproduction of a HIGHLY sought after RARE peice like this.

I'm not one for nostalgia or anything like that, but this whole kit could have been brought to the masses, and rawkfist still could have modified his after all was said and done

again props on the work and good luck and everything.. just seems like a waste in the long run tho. not to mention duplicates of this bumper could have been kept as a backup in case (GOD FORBID) anything were to happen to his... like his mom backs into it, or something stupid like that.. you never know..

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:52 AM
MESSAGE DELETED

i retract my previous statement. i looked at a pic of the red kit that sold the same time and the front bumper is slightly different. my bad.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:23 AM

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:15 AM
I like it alot,
I do agree a mold would have been nice, never know, could have sold a bunch of bumpers and made a killing,
but it does look very nice and I can't wait until it is is finished, it will look great,

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:32 AM
it did come out nice so far. but like everyone said, it's not as simple as making a decision that people dont agree with, it's cutting up the one and only bumper like it in existance. I'm mixed.. Like the way it looks, but hate that the bumper is no longer.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:32 AM
EVERYONE had a chance to get the kit and keep it how it was if they wanted. Kyle got it and its his to do what he pleases. I dont see what the big deal about that body kit is.. i think whats being done is a big improvement on that body kit.

Kyle looks good, thats one thing i hated bout that front was the mouth and it looks like its going to turn out great. Like mentioned reminds me of the Xtreme Tuner front even more now just for 00-02. Now you can shove a biggie intercooler in the mouth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:33 AM

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:08 AM
Stephen[manta z wrote:]EVERYONE had a chance to get the kit and keep it how it was if they wanted. Kyle got it and its his to do what he pleases. I dont see what the big deal about that body kit is.. i think whats being done is a big improvement on that body kit.

Kyle looks good, thats one thing i hated bout that front was the mouth and it looks like its going to turn out great. Like mentioned reminds me of the Xtreme Tuner front even more now just for 00-02. Now you can shove a biggie intercooler in the mouth

then put a 2.4 in it and be like brian

Team GREEN

07 Cobalt SS/SC
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:20 AM
idk, that opening WAS way to small on a huge bumper like that...... I think it looks better all ready.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:23 AM
it looks great. cant wait to see it finished man!!! keep at it.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:27 AM
I'm about to cry....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search