Picked up a few of the final pieces to the Cavfire conversion..... Plus some autoX pics - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picked up a few of the final pieces to the Cavfire conversion..... Plus some autoX pics
Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:14 PM
Scored pretty nice this weekend on some stuff........ I met up with Mike Guzman 1Clean 4door and picked up my rear W-type lip....

And then scored a set of Sunfire GT side skirts at the salvage yard.......

So that about does it for the exterior.... except for a hood which I'm still trying to decide on

I also got to do one last autocross event for the year....... did very well actually........ The main reason for doing it this time was to get a final feel of what i needed to do and improve upon brakes/suspension wise. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with coilovers and i definitely need new tires.

But anyway... onto a few pics.......

Re: Picked up a few of the final pieces to the Cavfire conversion..... Plus some autoX pics
Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:18 PM
Nice. I love the way its coming together. How does the GT side look on a cav? Love how the rear is Looking.. i have your car as my Background with the Turbosport w/Evil Eyes lol. Cant wait for more Exterior mods!!!!

Re: Picked up a few of the final pieces to the Cavfire conversion..... Plus some autoX pics
Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:21 PM
rear end should look real good once buttoned up and painted.

coming together nicely.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:38 PM
Ben. I think I have sunfire GT door skins still. They are yours for shipping if you want them.

car's coming along nicely man.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:38 PM
looking good so far

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:24 PM
lookin good meck!! the autox today was a blast!!

Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:21 PM
strat81 wrote:lookin good meck!! the autox today was a blast!!

yes it was...... very surprised to see you there today... i thought you dropped off the face of the earth

Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:31 PM
hey man looking good and i guess you found a GT up at harrys with the sides lol were they hard to get off?

01 cavi 4 door
big changes coming in 07
Sunday, September 16, 2007 9:03 PM
1clean 4door wrote:hey man looking good and i guess you found a GT up at harrys with the sides lol were they hard to get off?

pain in the effing ass...... i spent about an hour trying to get them off

never found an alero though...... im gonna check some local yards to see if they have any

Monday, September 17, 2007 10:02 AM
yea... i haven't done much with the sedan this year. combination of moving out on my own and a bad wheel bearing didn't allow for much fun this summer.

i don't think they got any pics of your car at the autox. i was running the same heat you were and i don't know if my buddy got any shots... i'll have to go through the pics he took

Monday, September 17, 2007 12:19 PM
coming together nicely.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Monday, September 17, 2007 5:45 PM
good news.... the skirts are on as well as the rear lip.....

teaser pics tomorrow they look great on there

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:53 AM
How about those Pic's... I wanna see what those sides look like on there..

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:21 AM
a day late on this but here you go........

They are actually a pain in the ass to install....... you need to do alot of measuring for the holes..... and you need the door sill brackets to mount the bottom of the skirts..... luckily we had a brand new set

i also snagged this at the junkyard saturday..... its a leather shifter out of some saturn station wagon..... looks nice in there

I'm probably going to start an "Official" post sometime this weekend for this car....... lots of things happening soon

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:21 PM
Hmmm.... I don't know bout those Side..... but i guess cuz the rear and sides are Black and you cant see the detail. I don't know is there a Lip your goin to put on the Front; or is that even possible? But Somehow i know your goin to Pull it off!!! But i still love it. Can't wait to see the progress thread!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:26 PM
also i seen the car sittin on Koni's. How do they ride? and what spring do you have? I think i will get the same Setup!----- It will be a clean looking car when it gets done!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:34 PM
looking good!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:54 PM
yeah i know it does look pretty odd because they are black...... i will have everything primered this weekend so you can get a better idea of what it will look like

the konis are actually one of my favorite things about the car......... I got the complete Koni sport suspension from Gravana... it includes the springs along with the konis themselves

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:31 PM
Yea... i think its the Black that throw's it off.. Can wait to see it Primer'd!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:09 PM
I love the way it looks personally. I think it's going to be a very clean look when all is said and done!
Friday, September 21, 2007 5:33 AM
Not bad looking. Will be better when it's all one color!

I did some autoX on Wednesday. Def. a good time but made me realize how much I need to do with the suspension.

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:15 AM
i'll wait for painted pix
Saturday, September 22, 2007 6:30 PM
looks like my car , but yours is much better lookin then mine
Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:15 PM
lookin nice! I just got my toyo tails that I bought from mike as well. lol!

Stock '00
2200 cavy
sedan!!!!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:28 AM
i want to know what GT sideskirts on a Z24 would look like.

UPDATED CARDOMAIN
Cardomain page

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search