All I can say is #@##**$#@!!!!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
All I can say is #@##**$#@!!!!!
Thursday, August 09, 2007 7:58 PM
Happened today,damn motor mount bolts snapped.Engine dropped and smashed the CV shaft,possibly bent the tie rod.Grease everywhere and I'm pissed,That is all.Sorry for crappy phone pics.Any help and/or advive appreciated.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Re: All I can say is #@##**$#@!!!!!
Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:01 PM
DEAR LORD MAN!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ive never hearda such a thing!! very odd indeed.... u ok? dint wreck the car i hope!!!!

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:08 PM
My Condolences man

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:10 PM
i was expecting alot worse, the damage all apears to be minor but it still sucks none the less

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:12 PM
That sucks really bad... U bet that scared the crap out of you when that happened.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:18 PM
The F-uck?

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:27 PM
Did you have those bolts out once before? The service manual says you are supposed to replace them every time you take them out. Although I've never replaced mine and they have been out lot's of times. Odd...

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:43 PM
Hmm, seems like I heard that happened to someone else as well. Was that the Poly-mount as well?

KRI Motorsports BBQ/Car Meet ~ Sunday August 26th, 2007 CLICK HERE for info!
Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:44 PM
Didn't scare me,just heard a loud clunk and stopped at the light.I was worried because I had my 4yr. old daughter with me,but when I slowly accelerated it sounded like it was clicking really loud and like I had a flat tire or something.Pulled in a P-lot and checked it out and saw the grease explosion and the bolts sheared off.I talked with Brad(zyaaa) on the phone and he explained how to fix this.I'm not a mechanic but my neighbor is and he has a cherry picker if it comes to having to have to pull the motor but I shouldn't have to.Oh well,another project added to the list.All this was really my fault,I never had the bolts out but when I was trying to install the upper urethane mount I loosened one bolt a little and loosened the other alot but stopped when I realized the motor started to drop a little so I tightened the one all the way but could never get the other one all the way tight.Even when Derek(Tobaggan) installed my mount he used a ratchet and breaker bar and couldn't get it tight.It has driven fine for a good 3-4 months until now,yes I am a dumbass,lesson learned.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:46 PM
Yeah both are the urethane mounts,lower is all that's holding

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:52 PM

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:58 PM
I hope but if not I might see if I can ride with Derek(Tobaggan),he's in Imlay and I'm in Burton so hopefully I can make it either way.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:02 PM
that really sucks man. hopefully you get it fixed fast and cheap.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:08 PM
Thanks everyone,seems like one thing after another,thank God the car was free

Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:10 PM
Grumpy McGrumpster(BIGGSZ24) wrote:thank God the car was free

howd you work that out?

Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:34 PM
My Uncle

Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:39 PM
hey that happend to me twice in my old 95 cav. the first time the stock bolts snaped so i replaced it with stock. and it happend again but then i just used some grade 8 bolts and it fine

Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:42 PM
Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:47 PM
Ouch! man im sry

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:50 PM
yellow22 wrote:hey that happend to me twice in my old 95 cav. the first time the stock bolts snaped so i replaced it with stock. and it happend again but then i just used some grade 8 bolts and it fine

Upgraded bolts,good advice thanks.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear that happen, seems like sh** never ends huh?

But Ive seen worse, my friend broke a tranny bolt at the track and his motor cocked sideways, broke off a corner of his tranny, and broke alot of other stuff. It was back on the road in like 3 days and now his tranny is kinda being supported by a block of wood and jb weld lol. And it still runs 15's flat for being an unsafe,ghetto just about stock dohc neon. He does break an axle atleast once a week though lol

Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:24 PM
Good thing is I have alot of junkyards around here

Friday, August 10, 2007 4:18 AM
I thought the factory bolts would be Grade 8. Looks more like you cracked them when you used the breaker bar trying to tighten them. Maybe not clean through but enough to weaken them for just this kinda thing to happen.

You gonna need a grade 8 or higher bolt and this time use lots of extensions. Buy a "wobbler" extension set. It helped me out a lot and I don't think I could've got it tight any other way.

Friday, August 10, 2007 4:42 AM
@!#$ty dude! Seems like you have been having a few problems with her lately...I hope you get it worked out.

PM me if you need a hand, I don't live too far from you. (though not this weekend)

Go Go OG Traction!!
Friday, August 10, 2007 5:32 AM
Glad you were OK, and the car wasn't too damaged, but if you ever have to fight with a bolt like that, get it out, clean the hole, and put a new one in. You definitely weakened it trying to tighten it with the breaker bar when it wouldn't move, and it sounds like you never got it tightened. When those bolts are tight, less stress is on the actual bolt, because you've got the two pieces of the mount clamped together. When it's loose, you're getting all kinds of shearing forces on it. I would definitely recommend getting aftermarket bolts. They're probably metric (12mm x 1.75 thread), so get grade 12.9 (that's the highest grade in metric). Get yourself a tap and clean out the holes good so that you can turn the bolts in all the way by hand without any resistance.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search