Pics from a couple local shows. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pics from a couple local shows.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 4:34 PM
Some Pics I took at a couple local car shows, thought I would post em up.

Stage 3

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/soberg/8.jpg[/IMG

This was in a Buick Grand National, Turboed LS1

Father in Laws car

Re: Pics from a couple local shows.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 4:36 PM
Nice pics!

I dig that lip kit on the Elantra. Z isn't looking too shabby either!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 4:57 PM
Oops missed one...

Ok, Do you mean the Z as in 350 or 24, I am guessing the 350, yes it was pretty nice, had alot of suspension mods, and a carbon fiber overlaid roof and door pillars, too bad the guy was a douche.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:01 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Nice pics!

I dig that lip kit on the Elantra. Z isn't looking too shabby either!

dude, you said it!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:02 PM
i was scrolling too fast and honestly thought i saw my car...

wtf was i doing there??

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:28 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:i was scrolling too fast and honestly thought i saw my car...

wtf was i doing there??

LOL! Thats good stuff!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:41 PM
Thats a sonota

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:58 PM
I like the sonata too.. I'm quite impressed by hyundai cars these days.. I never had much good to say about any of thier cars but now their really shaping up in my opinion and that sonata proves my point

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:04 PM
i want more pics of the GN. sad to see a swap in a GN.... but il accept that swap!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:10 PM
swapped gran national is so sad but so sweet! at least its still turbo

cav is lookin sick man

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:22 PM
Thats the only pic i got he showed up halfway through the show, got out popped the hood, walked around came back started the car reved it a few times and left. There was people crowded around it the whole time I barely got a clear shot to get that pic. The car sounded amazing! There was actually another one there too, that was stock, didn't get any pics of that either.

And thanks!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 2:30 PM
unintercooled turbo kits, home depot fernco couplers, and paper cone air filters on an ls1 make me cry.

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 2:45 PM
98redcavz24 (LD9Stunner) wrote:unintercooled turbo kits, home depot fernco couplers, and paper cone air filters on an ls1 make me cry.

this man provides a good point, now i hate the swap.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 2:49 PM
i like the skyline (accord). it was at a local show here. looks pretty good. the green civic actually doesnt look that bad with the black rims and all. LOVE the 350z and the sonata(?). good pics. your car is lookin good as well.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:04 PM
I think htat's the best representation of your low gloss clear hood i've seen. It doesn't look too bad. I think it would look better if it was even flatter with less shine. Nice pics though. That sonota looked allright, even though they copied the accord when they made it. Also that GN confuses me and makes me wonder what the hell he was thinking.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:31 PM
Primer Beast (TGM) wrote:i like the skyline (accord). it was at a local show here. looks pretty good. the green civic actually doesnt look that bad with the black rims and all. LOVE the 350z and the sonata(?). good pics. your car is lookin good as well.

The CIvic is actually pretty nice in person the kid that owns it did all of the painting and prep work by himself and spent a lot of time wetsanding it after it is very very smooth looking, even though not a big fan of the green.

I am assuming your talking about the car with the graphics and skyline tails, but that is not an accord its an Acura Legend, the black car across from it is an accord. Yeah the legend is nice but recently had a fight with a blazer and lost, its getting some body work and completely repainted without the graphics.

And thanks, I to think my hood looks good in that pic. It used to be a little flatter but I used some polish on it and it shined it up a little bit, I really like it, but still when I see a really glossy CF hood I wonder if I made the right choice...

I can't believe that no one has commented on the red fire yet...

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:36 PM
where was this show, before i even noticed who was postin, i was like i think ive seen that place before

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:48 PM
The first 6 pictures were at a friend of mines stereo shop in Alexandria MN, Me and my wife organized it for him it was the first time he has ever done anything like that before, turned out pretty good and we will probablly do it again, maybe even this year year.

Second group of pics was at a classic car show in Fergus Falls MN, at there fair grounds.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:30 PM
What is your father in laws car. (make model engine)

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:13 PM
1950 Ford 4 door, Flathead v8, bored, stroked, cammed,polished heads, dual Stromberg carbs, not sure on c.i.d. been told but just can't remember. Not sure on HP either I think its between 150-200, only around 90 stock in the 50s.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:19 PM
and to add you must not be in to old cars at all if you can not identify a flathead, there is nothing that sounds any where near as cool as a modified flathead!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:39 PM
nice cars, i wish we could get that kind of a tuner-car turnout at our local car shows.

how come you didnt have YOUR hood open? lol

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:54 PM
Silver Z wrote:and to add you must not be in to old cars at all if you can not identify a flathead, there is nothing that sounds any where near as cool as a modified flathead!

Well I knew it was a flathead. That was easy. But, it was a little harder identifying the model because so many people are mismatching engines and cars.

If I have to see one more Chevy SB in a Ford I will choke somebody. That goes for Chevy and Mopar guys, too. I've seen plenty 5.0Ls in old Chevys and a couple Chevy SBs in a Mopar (which really, anything besides Mopar in a Mopar is a crime).

I know old cars, but not 50s and older. Thanks for giving me a chance to rank though.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:57 PM
I knew someone would say that, and because first it was kinda windy and I was walking around most of the time and didn't want the hood to get ripped off or something. I don't know why they even had there hoods open all they had were an intake and a big plastic cover over the entire motor, how impressive. I know nothing under my hood is that special, even though its all painted flat black and the 2.4 writing is polished up. Looks better than a piece of plastic!

Yeah a lot of the classic car clubs are really welcoming us into there shows and want to learn about our cars and teach us about there cars. Most of the shows now have a "tuner" class. If they weren't so expensive to fix up or even buy I would have an old impala or merc' over my car but until then the cavy it is.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:03 PM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:
Silver Z wrote:and to add you must not be in to old cars at all if you can not identify a flathead, there is nothing that sounds any where near as cool as a modified flathead!

Well I knew it was a flathead. That was easy. But, it was a little harder identifying the model because so many people are mismatching engines and cars.

If I have to see one more Chevy SB in a Ford I will choke somebody. That goes for Chevy and Mopar guys, too. I've seen plenty 5.0Ls in old Chevys and a couple Chevy SBs in a Mopar (which really, anything besides Mopar in a Mopar is a crime).

I know old cars, but not 50s and older. Thanks for giving me a chance to rank though.

I know what you mean, being with my father in law and learning about the flatheads I have really began to appreciate it, and they are starting to get very popular again with ratrod guys. But I have seen a lot of 350s and such in old fords and mercs around here and I just don't get it, there is so much history with the flathead why wouldn't you want that. There is always a crowd around his car at everyshow and they all want to see the motor.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search