My GM SuperCharger Install Pictures (56K Go For Lunch) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My GM SuperCharger Install Pictures (56K Go For Lunch)
Monday, August 06, 2007 7:12 PM
Did the install July 28, 29th weekend. Finally got time to upload the pictures. It took me and my brother about 12 hours to complete. I thought it would have been a pretty simple install but it was actually a challenge. Ill have my tripple gauge pod this week to finally hook up my boost gauge. Woo Hoo!

Day 1

Me & My Older Brother

My Goofy Older Brother

My Older Goofy Brother Again

DAY 2

Comments & Questions Welcome

Re: My GM SuperCharger Install Pictures (56K Go For Lunch)
Monday, August 06, 2007 7:33 PM
Nice. Don't feel bad mine took me almost 4 weeks. I bought a kit ussed. I found out I was missing parts and waited twice for parts to come in. All said and done it cost me almost 2 grand. The Fin brake booster tube and pulling the iat wiring out of the loom were a PITA for me.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, August 06, 2007 7:34 PM
awesome man..way to go

more pics of the car though

Monday, August 06, 2007 7:47 PM
Very nice pics, very detailed. I cant wait to get mine soon

Monday, August 06, 2007 8:22 PM
im glad you guys ditched the rubber gloves

its nice to be injected, but id rather be BLOWN.

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:02 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:Nice. Don't feel bad mine took me almost 4 weeks. I bought a kit ussed. I found out I was missing parts and waited twice for parts to come in. All said and done it cost me almost 2 grand. The Fin brake booster tube and pulling the iat wiring out of the loom were a PITA for me.

ya the IAT wiring was a PITA and the brake booster tube was a b*tch.
Monday, August 06, 2007 9:05 PM
Snowman wrote:awesome man..way to go

more pics of the car though

I havent taken any new pictures of the car this year. Ill have to do that some time soon. Maybe after the next car wash this week sometime. Next thing is boost gauge tomorrow when my tripple pod shows up. Then Ill get some pictures done.

During the install I tried to get a many detailed pictures as possible. But since me and my older brother where doing the install my little brother took all the pictures. I think they turned out pretty good.
Monday, August 06, 2007 9:06 PM
z yaaaa wrote:im glad you guys ditched the rubber gloves

its nice to be injected, but id rather be BLOWN.

Well I thought that using rubber gloves was going to be a good choice but they kept on breaking so we just ended up using our hands. Go Figure.
Monday, August 06, 2007 9:30 PM
dam 12 hours , is slow for a 2.4 install

but if your not a wrench head , and took your time to make sure ya got it right then its not bad

they sure are a hell of alota fun after , enjoy the boost !!

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:39 PM
I wanna get a 2.4 now just because the kit is only like 1500 and I've already done the install once, betcha it could be done in about 4 or 5 hours.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:45 PM
no wonder it took 12 hours, you had a camera in one hand

Looks good

Monday, August 06, 2007 11:20 PM
Skunk v.2K4 wrote:I wanna get a 2.4 now just because the kit is only like 1500 and I've already done the install once, betcha it could be done in about 4 or 5 hours.

we installed mine in less than four, well that was matt (ecotecpower)

but damn man that is a slowwww install, glad you got it done though

i would have reccomended if you had the money to get it sent off to be ported and polished while it was off but it is kinda pricey

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 12:28 AM
Very nice job guys good work.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 12:55 AM
Looks good. Now, go enjoy!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:31 AM
I want to steal your charger.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:25 AM
Welcome to the world of whine!

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:50 AM
Have fun with it! Im sure you'll be wanting more in no time!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:53 AM
oh noes more heatons!

looks good

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:01 AM
s/c FTW!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:03 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]dam 12 hours , is slow for a 2.4 install

but if your not a wrench head , and took your time to make sure ya got it right then its not bad

We took our time doing the install. Plus we took lots of breaks b/c it was like 35 degrees outside on those two days, so the heat made it kind of difficult.

I consider myself a wrench head. But this is the first time I have done anything BIG you know. Ive done everything to my car myself to this point like intake, suspension, motor mounts, body kit etc etc but nothing to this scale before. Plus we took our time and labeled all the lines and the damm instructions were kind of hard to read (crappy black and white pictures).

I wanted to be sure that when we finished and everything thing was done that when I turned that key it started & it did
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:07 AM
Skunk v.2K4 wrote:I wanna get a 2.4 now just because the kit is only like 1500 and I've already done the install once, betcha it could be done in about 4 or 5 hours.

I couldnt pass up the price on the S/C kit. Crate Engine Depot had it on sale for $1550 USD. I got it for $1510 USD Shipped to Canada!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt believe it.

That was including the $60 freight charge. So I am happy. All in total to my door was $1780 Canadian all taxes, broker fees everything all in. Plus another $110 canadian the dealer charged me to do the reflash. Im still fighting that one with GM. Hopefully Ill get my $110 bucks back.

Better then paying $3800 Canadian from the dealer.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:11 AM
Viral (Kris) wrote:Have fun with it! Im sure you'll be wanting more in no time!

I plan on dropping pulley sizes probably next year. Im going to see how the stock clutch holds up hopefully until next spring. If the clutch goes. I'm going to put in a stage 2 and lightened fly wheel. Then drop the pulley sizes to get more boost. I'm also looking at a full header/exhaust system so that should help. I do have some plans but need to save up some more $$$$ first.

I want more BOOST!
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:30 AM
Your next mod should be alky/water injection. Swapping to a smaller pulley will create more heat and with out the alky/water injection the IAT temps will skyrocket and the benefit from a smaller pulley will fade. You might even be able to feel the performance fade away as the sc becomes hot now with the the stock 2.8 pulley on. I could feel it on my car with the 2.8 pully.

I would not worry much about your stock clutch now. My car was putting down 214whp and the clutch had 68,000 miles on it. it never slipped and I was never nice to it. When I pulled it out because I was builfing up my moter I only saw a litle visible wear. Nothing to indicate that is would have failed any time soon.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 11:41 AM
Wade Jarvis wrote:Your next mod should be alky/water injection. Swapping to a smaller pulley will create more heat and with out the alky/water injection the IAT temps will skyrocket and the benefit from a smaller pulley will fade. You might even be able to feel the performance fade away as the sc becomes hot now with the the stock 2.8 pulley on. I could feel it on my car with the 2.8 pully.

I would not worry much about your stock clutch now. My car was putting down 214whp and the clutch had 68,000 miles on it. it never slipped and I was never nice to it. When I pulled it out because I was builfing up my moter I only saw a litle visible wear. Nothing to indicate that is would have failed any time soon.

I was thinking of putting in alky/water injection only when I went to a smaller pulley. I can feel it a little right now that the s/c gets hot and it's not as effective but i'm not to worried about it right now. At this time my mod money is kind of spent so I need to save up more.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 1:47 PM
NeoJuice wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]dam 12 hours , is slow for a 2.4 install

We took our time doing the install. Plus we took lots of breaks b/c it was like 35 degrees outside on those two days, so the heat made it kind of difficult.

I consider myself a wrench head. But this is the first time I have done anything BIG you know. Ive done everything to my car myself to this point like intake, suspension, motor mounts, body kit etc etc but nothing to this scale before. Plus we took our time and labeled all the lines and the damm instructions were kind of hard to read (crappy black and white pictures).

I wanted to be sure that when we finished and everything thing was done that when I turned that key it started & it did

35 degrees , jeeeeezzzzz you guys are wussy's , LOL

35 ida needed a jacket and some thermals , around here its been over 100 degrees out , lol

for those that cant read , i know he is north of the border , and that his 35 is C not F , im just poking a little fun at him

enjoy the s/c , best to do a true CAI , over the WAI , then meth and a smaller pulley

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search