Sunset Orange Metallic + Carbon Fiber Hood = Me Very Satasfied With My New Look - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunset Orange Metallic + Carbon Fiber Hood = Me Very Satasfied With My New Look
Saturday, June 30, 2007 3:15 PM
I drove 6 hours each way to get this thing. I bought it from CaviGirl2003. Deal went great. hood is in excellent shape for being 1 year old at least. The hood pins broke coming off her car so she offered to replace them and they are getting shipped out monday. id just like to say thanks to her.

It really sets my car off i think. I thought about painting it flow from the lights to the edge like darkstars had but i kind of like the all carbon fiber a lot too.

This is how i left the house... we went to the drag strip first i didnt run though but everyone was asking so i just said read my window. plus it was my excuse if i got pulled over without a hood on.

This is how it came home since the hood pins were broke and all that was holding it was the latch...

And after a wax on the hood. the rest of the car is dirty but thats what you get for driving 12 hrs straight.

Re: Sunset Orange Metallic + Carbon Fiber Hood = Me Very Satasfied With My New Look
Saturday, June 30, 2007 3:16 PM
looks good

Re: Sunset Orange Metallic + Carbon Fiber Hood = Me Very Satasfied With My New Look
Saturday, June 30, 2007 3:17 PM
Saturday, June 30, 2007 3:19 PM
looks good

Getting "better built" for the '08...
Saturday, June 30, 2007 3:25 PM
Hate to say it, I kinda liked the cleanliness of the car without it .

Nice hood though.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 3:35 PM
Thats a kickass hood. The tape advertising on the window is hilarious. Looks good though.
Saturday, June 30, 2007 4:38 PM
Nice hood. CaviGirl2003 is cool.....I bought her sideskirts a year or two ago & she gave me a great deal. She shipped them really quick, too.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 4:40 PM
So... did u drive with the hood off to pick it up? I've been debating if I should do that or bring a truck when I get Jux's hood in a couple weeks

Saturday, June 30, 2007 4:55 PM
Damn, I just re-read it. Yup, u did drive hoodless... hmm...

Saturday, June 30, 2007 7:27 PM
Looks nice, however, the tape job was probably not needed, I have no hood pins and my hood is held on by the latch only and ive been on the track with it, the hood pins help, but I dont think they are necessary.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:05 PM
looks real good.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:17 PM
Viral (Kris) wrote:Looks nice, however, the tape job was probably not needed, I have no hood pins and my hood is held on by the latch only and ive been on the track with it, the hood pins help, but I dont think they are necessary.

actually not to sound mean but you couldnt have been more wrong on that one. i watched while driving with it taped and it did not move or rise up at all. I got home, took it off. went for a quick spin, and the hood was grabbing air above the headlights and lifting on it and rattling it. that was at 60. on the interstate traffic was moving along at 80 most of the time so i would rather play it safe than sorry. that or i could have taken what i paid for it and burned the cash. since i didnt have the hood pins yet i put some bolts in there that act just like the pins and it doesnt lift because the front is held down better. again not trying to sound like a jerk but the tape was necessary.

thanks for the comments. as far as ruining the clean look. i dont know if i want to paint some or not. i dont think i will because i like the CF look. i have the CF front bowtie but just need to figure out how to attach it again because the glue that came on it didnt stick. but something looks off with the front where the bowtie goes. like that could be black. i dunno but i really like it.

She is excellent to deal with like i said the whole hood pin thing. shes the one who suggested it instead of saying, you need to buy a new hood pin kit.

And yup hoodless there. which is not legal but i didnt have any problems with cops or anything. Its illegal in IL and MN.

Thanks so far.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:20 PM
Very clean. I've always loved your car.

I had something really funny to put here but it was too long.
Saturday, June 30, 2007 11:04 PM
Looks hot man!, wheres the pink stickers? you mean you didn't keep em on!, lol

Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:13 AM
Love the way the hood looks I'm glad it went to a good owner... I have your hood pins waiting and ready to be mailed they should be there fairly fast... We broke the post taking the pins off my car and if I sell a hood with pins and I break one taking them off yeah it's my job to pay for the replacement

Sunday, July 01, 2007 6:29 AM
Looks sweet, goes great with the colour of the car, and fits the style of the car with that razzi kit. I think you need some new rims though.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Sunday, July 01, 2007 6:39 AM
get some different bumpers and sides and HOT...

and btw... wtf is sunset orange? its sunburst!

15.1@90.34mph
Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:13 AM
yeah i thought it was sunburst metallic also, but damn that hood is nice and i was right behind you on that one! you just happened to PM her first!!! my search continues, but your car is awesome vince!

Sunday, July 01, 2007 9:29 AM
yes makes me want to get that hood again and will probably get it. Not get some black rims with a chrome or polished lip and it will set if off even more. Two thumbs up man beautiful car.

Sunday, July 01, 2007 10:39 AM
lookin great man. i've never had a problem without having hood pins on my car, but i have felt a little strange cruisin on the highway at 80 and seeing the edges of the hood up above the fenders. dave2uniq and i thought our hoods were popped open so we pulled over on the way to the 05 bash to check. then we realized we were stupid and it was just the air catching it lol.
whole car looks great, i agree with R3D05LsSport about the rims, but other than that, great job with it.

Sunday, July 01, 2007 10:50 AM
My c/f hood has seen 130mph multiple times, no hood pins needed.

Looks good though.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:03 PM
lovin it vince and i think you should do what i say and only leave the inside of the c/f and paint the rest. do it

Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:13 PM
That's one hot hood on that car

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:03 PM
03supercharged wrote:Looks hot man!, wheres the pink stickers? you mean you didn't keep em on!, lol

i know i could have left them but i didnt have the same stuff and would have them match the equipment.

CaviGirl2003 wrote:Love the way the hood looks I'm glad it went to a good owner... I have your hood pins waiting and ready to be mailed they should be there fairly fast... We broke the post taking the pins off my car and if I sell a hood with pins and I break one taking them off yeah it's my job to pay for the replacement

Which is awesome thanks. and nice meeting you guys.

Dave Dunsmoor wrote:Looks sweet, goes great with the colour of the car, and fits the style of the car with that razzi kit. I think you need some new rims though.

thanks, i agree on the rims. i have had these rims for about 4 years now. they were on my old car when i was in the accident. They are rough but still a perfect circle. so they work for now. i dont know what i want for new ones but i wouldnt mind getting some.

-dougall- wrote:get some different bumpers and sides and HOT...

and btw... wtf is sunset orange? its sunburst!

I plan on doing razzi front and rear again. i like the kits that leave the bowtie piece on the front. so far i only know of 2 off hand just because i havnt looked into them. Im def not getting the same sides, the new ones i want have to be urethane because im so low. and the razzi dont match the razzi kit.

and sorry it is Sunburst Metallic Orange II to be exact haha.

_Orange_04_Eco_ wrote:yeah i thought it was sunburst metallic also, but damn that hood is nice and i was right behind you on that one! you just happened to PM her first!!! my search continues, but your car is awesome vince!

lol thanks, sorry it was actually a birthday present for me haha. so ill just think of it as a present from you for letting me PM her first

R3D05LsSport wrote:yes makes me want to get that hood again and will probably get it. Not get some black rims with a chrome or polished lip and it will set if off even more. Two thumbs up man beautiful car.

like i said i dont know what i want for rims but they will be 17's again for sure. id like to go 18's but i would just remount the tires i have on there now. im thinking the MSR 190's like ive seen several people on here have. that or some other simple 5 spoke.

sykeeok wrote:lookin great man. i've never had a problem without having hood pins on my car, but i have felt a little strange cruisin on the highway at 80 ... i agree with R3D05LsSport about the rims, but other than that, great job with it.

Kinda scary isnt it? i dont really trust it 100% on a hood hinge. and besides it already had pins, i trust pins and a latch a lot more.

yellow22 wrote:lovin it vince and i think you should do what i say and only leave the inside of the c/f and paint the rest. do it

i dont know i like the CF, if i paint it ill wait til you get back atleast and talk to your guy. oh and PM me your number, your old one is dead haha.

and this is what he is talking about for example...

APlusPerformance - JBodySource wrote:That's one hot hood on that car

Thanks

Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:09 PM
that is facking sweeeeeeeeeet! i love the look of it!

im not saying you need hood pins at all, this was because i was in a smaller accident first which broke my hood latch, but its just something to look at

(sorry if they are huuuuuge, they are old pics.. no idea wut size they are lol)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search