HID Projectors and a TRD - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID Projectors and a TRD
Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:56 PM
Got my projectors from Josh at Izn Trbl yestarday and well, here they are...

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Re: HID Projectors and a TRD
Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:57 PM
:O WOW.. very nice..

Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:59 PM
very nice...that intercooler is saying HEY LOOK AT ME lol....very very nice

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/maxxracer23/ModdinArtSignature.gif[/IMG]

Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:09 PM
Quote:

that intercooler is saying HEY LOOK AT ME

Why have it, if you're not going to show it off?

Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:10 PM
I approve ... my 04 was the same color and had the same hood .

Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:13 PM
I like them but black would have looked good too for the projectors too.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:16 PM
Quote:

I like them but black would have looked good too for the projectors too.

???

Monday, May 21, 2007 4:19 AM
this isnt TRD you just have a knock off but very cool photos.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Monday, May 21, 2007 5:28 AM
I dont like the trd style body kits on anything other then 95-99 cavaliers.

but its your car so you like and get what you like. besides that I think it looks good

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, May 21, 2007 5:53 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:I dont like the trd style body kits on anything other then 95-99 cavaliers.

i agree. it just doesnt look the same.

car does look good though. projectors look awesome

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:36 AM
Looks great dood.

Howd that show turn out..
BTW I leavef or FL toorrow.. Just have been really busy over the last week to get back to you

Monday, May 21, 2007 9:19 AM
Looks good, can't wait to get my projectors.

Monday, May 21, 2007 9:34 AM
I want to lick those projectors. Car looks great too.

Monday, May 21, 2007 10:13 AM
Very nice

Monday, May 21, 2007 3:02 PM
Quote:

I understand it's a knockoff, but it's also one of the best looking front bumpers, if not the best, on the 03+. If you want to be so "traditional" about what years that were really Toyota, and sit there and say "It doesn't look right", then why do any swaps or conversions on any J. If it didn't come that way, then it doesn't look right. That's the logic behind your statement. Why can't it be, "Damn that's a good looking car." Why are there always people on the org that no matter what, if it doesn't belong to them it's sh!t. I'm so sick of hearing it's not TRD because they didn't make them in 04, blah, blah, blah. I love it, and a lot of people will probably agree with that. You'll probably be really pissed when I put the TRD fenders and 00-02 Toyo tails on too. Won't you? Please point out the rules of modifing that say this bumper and any parts TRD arn't allowed on anything other than a 95-99. I'd love to see them.

Monday, May 21, 2007 3:17 PM
Looks like some of the fitment needs to be tweaked, and I would consider removing that center bar for the grille, and do some sort of meshing instead, and maybe some for the IC (since its not filling the ENTIRE hole there). The projetors do look good on the car though.

As for it being a knockoff TRD bumper, its not really the fact that it is a knockoff, but its not an "authentic" TRD, in terms of when the real TRD cavaliers were made. IMO, body kits and stuff really arent my thing, no matter if its TRD, Blitz, or whomever else makes em.

But hey, what do I know? I dont even own a j-body anymore

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Monday, May 21, 2007 3:34 PM
my cav looks sexy with the trd

Monday, May 21, 2007 3:42 PM
I've already tried the mesh thing in the front, it makes it kinda difficult to open the hood, plus I couldn't get it in there right. I'm thinking about a different ic, but there's nothing wrong with this one and I kind of like the way it looks in there. It's one of those things you have to see in person. And yeah I know the fitment is slightly off, my upper tie bar is slightly bent from pulling the car up onto a trailer one time so nothing really fits right. One headlight is higher than the other and there are a couple other issues. They will be fixed all in due time.
Quote:

As for it being a knockoff TRD bumper, its not really the fact that it is a knockoff, but its not an "authentic" TRD, in terms of when the real TRD cavaliers were made. IMO, body kits and stuff really arent my thing, no matter if its TRD, Blitz, or whomever else makes em.

I know. But I've heard the it's not TRD because it's 04 so many times I'm sick of it and I've only had the bumper for a month. It's just I didn't see any other bumper that looked better, IMO, than this one. I originally wanted the GM Tuner kit, but it's discontinued, so I setted for this. Not a bad trade off if you ask me.

Monday, May 21, 2007 3:46 PM
sex

Monday, May 21, 2007 6:02 PM
i think it looks great on his car, and those projectors at night....ya very very sexy...love em curt...

<aDdiCtEd 2 BoOsT>...EcOtEc...
Monday, May 21, 2007 7:13 PM
Thanks Jon. Wait till you see what's next.

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:53 PM
bumper looks awesome, except the gaps at the headlights also how bright are the signals during the day? does the chrome ring produce enough refletion to actually see?

Monday, May 21, 2007 8:01 PM
Yep, I pulled up behind a black truck today and could see my signal flashing in the tailgate.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:29 AM
Blue 04 TRD (XLS2K4) wrote:
Quote:

I understand it's a knockoff, but it's also one of the best looking front bumpers, if not the best, on the 03+. If you want to be so "traditional" about what years that were really Toyota, and sit there and say "It doesn't look right", then why do any swaps or conversions on any J. If it didn't come that way, then it doesn't look right. That's the logic behind your statement. Why can't it be, "Damn that's a good looking car." Why are there always people on the org that no matter what, if it doesn't belong to them it's sh!t. I'm so sick of hearing it's not TRD because they didn't make them in 04, blah, blah, blah. I love it, and a lot of people will probably agree with that. You'll probably be really pissed when I put the TRD fenders and 00-02 Toyo tails on too. Won't you? Please point out the rules of modifing that say this bumper and any parts TRD arn't allowed on anything other than a 95-99. I'd love to see them.

way to miss the whole point behind his post. he probably has the same reasoning i do. that kit was only made for 95-99 cars and when they made it for the other years, it just took away the appeal to me. it doesnt look the same. thats all he is saying. why dont you calm down. if you dont want someone to comment on your car then dont post pics.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:43 AM
Blue 04 I think that your car really looks good. Good choice on the front bumper i cant wait to see pics of the trd fenders and also the 00-02 toyo tails.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search