What's better than Motegi MR7s? - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's better than Motegi MR7s?
Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:51 PM
A set of Rota Subzeros. Thinking I was picking up a set of 17s, I put down $400 (yes... four zero zero) to pick these up with Nitto Neo Gens mounted on them. Little did I know after I got one back from them being machined, the seller misquoted me what the wheels were. I guess it was just something weird since my "future mod" list had 18s listed for what I wanted. Thanks Joe Schulte for buying those MR7s, I would have never found these!

That's all you get since it's raining here and I haven't had time to make sure the center caps stay. I'll try to put up more over the weekend.

Re: What's better than Motegi MR7s?
Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:56 PM
coming from someone that had rota subzero's make sure the center bore of the rims are lathed out to fit your centerbore's. They are designed for subarus and they are smaller then ours and the rims get stuck on. Secondly you need to cut your axle bolt to fit the front caps on. cut them WITH the axle nut on so you can back it off and fix any threads damaged by cutting them

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:59 PM
Don't worry Phil, I didn't take a dremel to mine. It's nice to know someone that's willing to machine the center bores so it's 57.1mm on the dot.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:02 PM
looks awsome!! great choice

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:16 PM
why not just buy a similar rim that would work w/o modifying it? or are they something special? lightweight or something?

they look good tho, great job

Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:23 PM
Pretty good deal.

They look great. The MR7's work for now, I scored them for a cheaper than what he was asking, and when you're redoing a whole car sometimes you have to settle for certain things. I settled on rims, something that's always easy to change later.

That's the most modded your car has looked in the past 5 years though! Congrats.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:03 PM
looks real hot!!!

Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:07 PM
TrueBlueLS wrote:What's better than Motegi MR7s?

Nothing.

. . . that I can currently afford.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:10 PM
omfg splitting image of what i wanted my car to look like...I wish i would have posted that I was trying to sell those same rims in 17's.

looks awesome man, you have great taste.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:28 PM
Jeffy got wheels....YAY!

Looks nice man.

AIR RIDE MAFIA (~airbagsource.com~)
Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:30 PM
Much better, I was happy the day I sold my mr7's

Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:35 PM
lookin' good

Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:52 PM
very sexy rims along with the car

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:30 PM
This car still exists?

Looks good Jeff...

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:30 PM
wtf your still alive??????????

i love that color combo.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:58 PM
looks good jeff

Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:06 PM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:coming from someone that had rota subzero's make sure the center bore of the rims are lathed out to fit your centerbore's. They are designed for subarus and they are smaller then ours and the rims get stuck on.
That's weird, I have 15" Sub-Zero's (yes 15's, they weigh 12.9lbs each!) and my center bore on them is 71.3, with my stock hub being 57.1. Maybe somethings different w/ larger versions of the same wheel? I know I had to buy hubcentric rings though.

To the OP - wheels look great! I'm partial to that style though.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:23 PM
Airtonics wrote:This car still exists?

Looks good Jeff...

Where else would it go? It still has some tricks up its sleeves that will be rolled out throughout the rest of the year. Kind of like my damned hood that still needs work, but like I said...

Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:42 PM
Not too shabby at all. I think gun-metal would look nicer, but for what you paid you can't complain.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:37 PM
Rotas come in many different hub sizes, especially the popular models like the subzeros and slipstreams. Check subydude.com for an idea of what's availible.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Friday, April 27, 2007 2:40 AM
looks nice Jeff. I see you on the road from time to time. Can always spot the hood first.

Friday, April 27, 2007 6:02 AM
Yeah... before this past weekend... it was a lot easier to spot the hood. Hopefully I can get the hood completely cleaned up this weeekend.

Friday, April 27, 2007 8:12 AM
Rims look amazing man, love it.

Z yaaaaaaaaaaa, these wheels are rotas, nothing special but they are light weight. That and having the the hub bored out isnt that much customizing.

Friday, April 27, 2007 8:22 AM
Wow I guess bronze actually looks really good on indigo blue. Rims look awesome man lovin the car!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, April 27, 2007 9:14 AM
Wow, that is the color I originaly wanted, but ended up with silver.

Quote:

coming from someone that had rota subzero's make sure the center bore of the rims are lathed out to fit your centerbore's. They are designed for subarus and they are smaller then ours and the rims get stuck on. Secondly you need to cut your axle bolt to fit the front caps on. cut them WITH the axle nut on so you can back it off and fix any threads damaged by cutting them

Close Phil. I remember we had conversations about why I didn't have to machine mine vs yours. Phil is right, that most of the Rota wheels have a Subaru hub bore, but they only make 2 bores for the Sub Zero's ( the Subaru and 71.3mm ). I have the larger hub bore with hub centric rings with no issues, but they are harder to find. I wouldn't mind picking up another set to put race rubber on

Jason
99 Z24
157hp/171tq
wheres my boost??
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search