A little update - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A little update
Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:44 AM
After taking a few weeks off to help get Brad's convertable done in time for our first big local show we started back on mine last night. Jeff and I stayed till 2:30am last night getting some more of the fabrication work done. It is still rough right now and we might change the position of the turbo flange to bring the turbo down a bit to clear the hood...either that or I will have a new hole in the hood, nothing I haven't done before. :lol: Hoping to have the manifolds finnished up tonight and the downpipe run so that I can start on the charge piping. Car goes out for paint this Monday so all of the fabrication work has to be done by then. The manifolds are 1 5/8" primaries into 2.5" collectors up into the T4 flange. The downpipe is 3.5" connected to the turbo with a true on center V-band flange. The downpipe will have to run up and over the rear valve cover due to clearance issues with the tranny, shift linkage and rear manifold. Anyway here are the pics up to this point...

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132

Re: A little update
Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:58 AM
I missed the previous posts... what happened to the 3800 S/C? swapping the SC for a Turbo? what motor is that?
Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:05 AM
Yup swapping the SC for a dual ball bearing Precission PT-67 turbo. Motor is being completely rebuilt as well including a 20 over bore and new forged, coated pistons. More to come on that next week.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:15 AM
Geez, I thought my turbo was big.. Thats almost as big as my head lolol.. Nice job man, lookin forward to some more progress.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:16 AM
wow... just wow. im speechless man, thats just going to be SICK!

do you have a deadline set for yourself? do you think it may be up n runnin say mid-end of the summer?

great job man, the headers look amazing as well as all the piping, looks like it'l be a pretty simple go of it from here...

Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:06 AM
seriously....when that thing spools....HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:39 AM
Thanks guys, I can't wait to hear this thing fire up. A friend of mine has the same turbo with the exception of the A/R on the turbine side (mine is .68 and his is .81) due to him running a built B18 that can rev to 9500rpm. He had some tuning done last week and he hit 568whp @6200 rpm at which point they had to stop because both wheels were breaking loose on the dyno. Since my A/R is only .68 I should be fully spooled by 3000rpm. I am hoping to have the car completed by May 25th which is the opening day at the track for us. Lots of things changing, I am going to start a progress thread once the car is back from paint of the reassembly from start to finnish.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:14 AM
Good God!!!!!!
Im done.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:17 AM
Keep us posted. I love seeing the progress.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:17 AM
Exactly wht I said in your last post, You're F***n crazy!! Thats going to be off the wall!

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:35 AM
WOW! Im hooked! Where do you live im going to drive out so i can get a ride

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:54 AM
STREAKER1369 wrote:WOW! Im hooked! Where do you live im going to drive out so i can get a ride

road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:51 AM
Ok i dont want to be the one who ruins everything by saying something stupid but....why is the exhaust part of the turbo going to the throttle body? when normally the pipe going to the throttle body would go down under the car to what would become your exhaust?????

Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:04 PM
NosaeR wrote:Ok i dont want to be the one who ruins everything by saying something stupid but....why is the exhaust part of the turbo going to the throttle body? when normally the pipe going to the throttle body would go down under the car to what would become your exhaust?????

No problem, I can answer that one for ya. That pipe you are talking about is my down pipe that will connect to the exhaust but the fabrication for that is not done yet. That long peice will be cut off just past the first bend so that another bend can be welded in to bring it over the rear valve cover and then down the firewall to the exhaust. We ran out of time last night and that is where we stopped, it is not staying that way.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:13 PM
STREAKER1369 wrote:WOW! Im hooked! Where do you live im going to drive out so i can get a ride

It might me a little drive for you I live in halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada which is about 8 hours from the maine border but if you want to make the trip your more than welcome, I could even put you up for a night or two.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:01 PM
Just got done for the night, got a lot mocked up and it's ready for weld.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:50 PM
CrAzY...........

AIR RIDE MAFIA (~airbagsource.com~)
Friday, April 27, 2007 3:35 AM

Friday, April 27, 2007 6:19 AM
always great to read about the progress on your car

14.083 @ 99.746 mph GMPP s/c intercooled on drag radials.
Friday, April 27, 2007 7:15 AM
good god....crazy man...crazy!!!

keep it up and keep us posted!

Friday, April 27, 2007 10:58 AM
raven wrote:

It might me a little drive for you I live in halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada which is about 8 hours from the maine border but if you want to make the trip your more than welcome, I could even put you up for a night or two.

Ok I'll leave in a few days but it's a little under 3300 miles so 55+ hours and count the stop to pick up I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! so figure mid next week LOL

damn thats a long way!

Keep us posted its looking really good

Friday, April 27, 2007 1:02 PM
F'n ricer

You should have done a out-the-hood 'diesel' stack Just let off the throttle and let the flames blind you.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Friday, April 27, 2007 1:04 PM
beautiful! i cant wait to see more of this

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Friday, April 27, 2007 1:12 PM
hmmmm this looks scary,,,
Friday, April 27, 2007 1:14 PM
Looks like it has some serious potential... Can't wait to see what it puts down.. My only concern is the welds...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search