ecotec swap pics - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec swap pics
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:22 PM
The swap is pretty much complete, just need to get the bracket on the transmission that holds the shift cables, then I'll take it for her first drive. Should receive that on thursday. Expensive ass part.

You can see that I extended the power steering line, the 2200 throttle cable works.

Here you can see my custom made rad hose. Im using my 2200 rad. The eco rad is a mirror image of the 2200 rad, but as long as there is flow in the rad, it will work. You do not need to cross the rad hoses.

My pacesetter header

Overall the swap was easy. I ran into a few problems along the way that were fixed with ease.

There are no leaks anywhere, the motor is idling normal. When I get the bracket in ill be able to put the car in gear and take it for a spin. And yes that is a coat hanger holding the fuel lines so they won't be so close to the header. its temporary until i make something that doesnt look like @!#$. I will be getting an eco fuel return line in a few weeks, but until then the fuel injection clamps will have to do.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'

Re: ecotec swap pics
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:52 PM
Well that's going to make you a happy camper. Nice work, I've kind of pondered an Eco swap somewhat, but I'm already a swap behind on my cars. Keep us updated!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:23 AM
uhm ok... u must wanna drive it real bad or need it? personally, i wouldnt have cobbed just about everything together like you did, but hey... maybe you need it as a DD? i could see it then...

fine tune it man, you really need to get everything done correctly.

BUT, great job on the swap, im sure it wasnt the easiest thing you've ever done and took some inititive, awesome work!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:03 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search