TTR upper and RKS lower engine mounts installed! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TTR upper and RKS lower engine mounts installed!
Monday, April 23, 2007 7:50 PM
A huge thank you to Matt (Rodimus Prime) for installing these for me while I stood around and got sun burned !

Turbo Tech Racing upper mount (black on black):

RK Sport lower mount:

When Matt got the factory lower mount out he pointed out to me that it was completely shot. The engine was actually angled back toward the firewall and the engine would jump a lot when the car was started. NOT GOOD AT ALL!

The difference with the new mounts is absolutely amazing! There is quite a bit of dash vibration at idle, so I'm hoping that settles down, but it's not unbearable so I'm not too concerned about it. The entire dash vibrates terribly with the air on though as Matt and I discovered on the way back from Chicago yesterday !

You can definitely add me to the list of satisfied TTR customers !

Last but not least, here's a shot of the GT and the SS/SC:

Re: TTR upper and RKS lower engine mounts installed!
Monday, April 23, 2007 8:40 PM
Nice, I just orderd my ttr upper not to long ago, can't wait to get it.

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:00 PM
Very nice

You must be getting alot of the vibes from the Lower

Cause i have just the upper TTR and the Vibes arent that bad at all

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:04 PM
Looks great! Thanks for posting up the pictures, let us know if you ever need anything.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:38 PM
PPL you need to lube up the bushings on the lower with anti sieze, both the outside and inside otherwise it will pop and vibe more.

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:39 PM
BTW I like your style

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:14 AM
One thing I was disappointed in was that the cruise module didnt seem to line up real well which is why the bracket had to be taken off and there was no bolt included for the AC line, i mean sure you can go out and get one for like 2 bucks, just would have been nice for one to come with the mount

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:29 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:One thing I was disappointed in was that the cruise module didnt seem to line up real well which is why the bracket had to be taken off and there was no bolt included for the AC line, i mean sure you can go out and get one for like 2 bucks, just would have been nice for one to come with the mount

yeah and it sure would have been nice to have designed the 2.4 upper mount with either the 2.4 ac bracket in mind, or at least include an ecotec ac line bracket, or at least the option to be able to buy one...you eco guys always have it so damned easy.

j to envy... nice install! looks good man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:30 AM

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:25 PM
Gregoiro (Greg C) wrote:Nice, I just orderd my ttr upper not to long ago, can't wait to get it.

Thanks! You definitely will not be disappointed with it.

sUiCiDe wrote:Very nice

You must be getting alot of the vibes from the Lower

Cause i have just the upper TTR and the Vibes arent that bad at all

Thanks! Yep, it's from the lower mount. Matt told me I would get some vibration from it before he even installed it.

Turbo Tech Racing wrote: Looks great! Thanks for posting up the pictures, let us know if you ever need anything.

Thanks! I couldn't be happier with you guys. I will definitely order anything I can from you from now on. Thanks again Aaron!

BlackEco wrote:PPL you need to lube up the bushings on the lower with anti sieze, both the outside and inside otherwise it will pop and vibe more.

You said lube ! Good to know, although it's a little late now. Oh well.

BlackEco wrote:BTW I like your style

Thanks! Right back at ya .

Rodimus Prime wrote:One thing I was disappointed in was that the cruise module didnt seem to line up real well which is why the bracket had to be taken off and there was no bolt included for the AC line, i mean sure you can go out and get one for like 2 bucks, just would have been nice for one to come with the mount

Looks like I'll be heading to the local A$$ Hardware to pick up a bolt for the upper mount, along with wire loom and heat shrink wrap w00t ! Heat shrink wrap ftw!

z yaaa wrote:j to envy... nice install! looks good man.

Thanks! By the way... I'm a girl .

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:38 PM
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:17 PM

Yeah i got a stainless bolt for like nothing since my dad has a ton, but ask aaron and see if he can throw one in for the line when you purchase it. he will work with you on stuff like that.

z yaaaa wrote:

yeah and it sure would have been nice to have designed the 2.4 upper mount with either the 2.4 ac bracket in mind, or at least include an ecotec ac line bracket, or at least the option to be able to buy one...you eco guys always have it so damned easy.

j to envy... nice install! looks good man.

when phil and i helped design and measure the 2.4 mount out we used an eco mount to get it all mocked up. probably wouldnt have been too hard to get it bolted to it somehow.

Big B wrote:nioce now i need to get mine

and some form of suspension as well.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:34 AM
looks good carrie, I've had my rk mount on for a while and still get vibs when i turn the fan on high and when i have the a/c blasting.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 07
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:01 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:

What kind of clamps did you use on the coolant hoses in this pic?

AIR RIDE MAFIA (~airbagsource.com~)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:10 AM
i used the factory clamp and all but put a stainless bolt in there.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:42 AM
were they hard 2 put in because i just bought my gravana tuning upper mount yesterday

13.1 @ 115
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:57 AM
no they were not hard to put in at all, however I would suggest doing the lower one first if they are bad and your replacing both after taking the top one off i had a hard time getting the new one to line up because the lower mount was so shot the motor was moving freely I litteraly pulled the motor forward about 3 inches

J2Envy's lower mount was about the most shot of any 3rd gen ive ever worked on

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:12 PM
o well the only one im replacing right now is the upper when i get more money im gonna buy the lower

13.1 @ 115
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:33 PM
make sure you support the motor before you take off the upper mount it will sink down a few inches

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:50 PM
Big B wrote:nioce now i need to get mine

Thanks! You definitely won't be disappointed with the mounts.

E-RACER-05 (RADIO WAVE DAVE) wrote:looks good carrie, I've had my rk mount on for a while and still get vibs when i turn the fan on high and when i have the a/c blasting.

Thanks Dave! Yeah, I turned the air on on the way home from Chicago and I thought the dash was gonna jump right out of the damn car .

Kevin Richter wrote:What kind of clamps did you use on the coolant hoses in this pic?

They are the end covers that come with the Mr. Gasket braided stainless steel hose cover kits. The hose covers themselves got nasty looking, but I liked the look of the ends on there, so I left 'em.

Rodimus Prime wrote:no they were not hard to put in at all, however I would suggest doing the lower one first if they are bad and your replacing both after taking the top one off i had a hard time getting the new one to line up because the lower mount was so shot the motor was moving freely I litteraly pulled the motor forward about 3 inches

J2Envy's lower mount was about the most shot of any 3rd gen ive ever worked on

NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!

Awww... you still type my name as J 2 Envy . I really enjoyed telling my dad about the lower mount being so bad. It totally justified replacing them w00t !

Rodimus Prime wrote:make sure you support the motor before you take off the upper mount it will sink down a few inches

Just make sure you support the bottom of the engine and not the oil pan.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search