update/questions - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
update/questions
Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:31 PM
well i have not put up very many pics of my cavalier on here and was bored so i thought i would post some up. one of the reasons i wanted to put them on here is because im getting tired of the spoiler i have on there and wanted to go for a cleaner look and remove it. just curious as to what everyone thinks of it. and yes i know it needs to be lowered its coming soon. also back when we had a lot of snow i parked my car for a week and got in it to leave my g/f's and started to go and there was a big pill of snow (she lives in a coldasack and the snow plow always puts it in her yard lol) and i hit the pill on the passenger side bumper underneath the fog light and was curious how to get it to pop out any ideas. comments good and bad always welcome thanks

thats the pic of the dented in bumper

Re: update/questions
Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:36 PM
good start (sucks about the dent). im personal to wings, and i think yours will fit better once its dropped. i was unsure about it at first but it does fit a cavy body pretty well. id like to see what you end up doing with your car, id say your off to a great start!

Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:44 PM
thanks i got the spolier for free and it needs repainted it doenst match as good as i want lol. so i cant decide if i should keep it or ditch it. i like it because it adds something to the car in appreance and makes it stand out a little from just another cavalier whither that be good or bad i cant figure out lol
Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:55 PM
I do like the style personally, alot dont. But yours isnt that high. It looks out of place though without a kit, but if you are planning on a kit definently keep it bro. BTW is that the 8" one? I was thinking about getting the 6".

Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:08 PM
thanks its actaully off an 05 srt-4. he just gave it to me an it fit pretty good i thought. i have never measured it. he gave it to me because he was gong for the stock neon look he changed the front bumper and hood and took the wing off. it actaully looked like a stock neon. but if you ever heard it running you wouldnt believe it was stock lol. but to each is his own
Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:26 PM
sorry, not a fan of the spoiler, too me its it doesnt even look right on a neon, let alone a cav.

get a drop, lose the the st louis arch and call it a day.

Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:29 PM
like stated above i know about the drop and its not like a big metal spolier that is double stacked lol. but thanks for the opinion i cant decide on what to do so 2 for keep it and 1 for ditch it
Sunday, April 15, 2007 5:40 AM
i thought it was an srt spoiler. a lip kit or a full kit would compliment it better. (im in the same situation... i have a 02 cavy ls without a lip kit, and i have a cobalt ss/sc wing. my boyfriend took it off his and i was gunna let it go to waste and he didnt want to sell it, lol - but turbo kit is first on the list right now before any more exterior mods...) personally if you like the wing, dont ditch it.

it deffinatly looks hott from a complete rear shot - fits her ass perfectly

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:30 AM
z yaaaa wrote:sorry, not a fan of the spoiler, too me its it doesnt even look right on a neon, let alone a cav.

lol you called it a st louis arch, lol.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:38 AM
spoiler looks great from the back, not so much from the side. if it mounted a little cleaner to the trunk lid it might not annoy me as much.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:43 AM
lol yes would it look better if say it was molded? or what should i do to clean it up

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:52 AM
i think hes trying to say that it doesn't fit flush onto the trunk lid.

in this picture you can see it the easiest where it mounts on the far side. it looks like it'd need to be moved forward a lil but i dunno if that'd look funny being more forward. id have to see it in person to get a better idea but if it isnt so noticable in person im sure you could work with that. or if you are good with body work you could extend it down to fit, or mold it like you mentioned. but if you think it looks fine then leave it. i mean you could always trade or sell it and get a different wing if you wanted. i do like that style on the cavy though, im sure that you can find a way to make it fit better and if not, its such a small problem that i wouldn't stress to much about it. it still looks good.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:19 AM
alright thanks ill prob just get it repainted to match a little better and mold it to fit more correctly so there isnt a gap or anything. and as for the bumper any ideas how to pop it out i tried using a rubber mallet and hitting it out but you have no leverage to pull it out. i had a couple other ideas but was affraid to try. one was heating up the area with a blow dryer and then bend it out and the other idea was to drill a hole and pull it out but im not to fond of that idea suggestions please
Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:39 AM
the way ive done those types of bympers is, take the bumper off and put a heat lamp like 10-12 inches away and let the urethane soften up the pop it with a hammer. good start on the car, wings not my style, deff lower it

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:25 AM
1yellowJ wrote:the way ive done those types of bympers is, take the bumper off and put a heat lamp like 10-12 inches away and let the urethane soften up the pop it with a hammer. good start on the car, wings not my style, deff lower it

urathane wtf? stock gm bumpers are ABS plastic, not urathane.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:42 PM
ok so can i still heat it up without the paint cracking and pop it out
Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:30 PM
to me, the wing makes the car remind me of an rc car... i say ditch it.

Check out my build thread!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:55 PM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:spoiler looks great from the back, not so much from the side. if it mounted a little cleaner to the trunk lid it might not annoy me as much.

X2

Wide Body Progress

Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:00 PM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:ok so can i still heat it up without the paint cracking and pop it out

idk bout not cracking the paint, but u could try and just push on the inside of the bumper with something, maybe ur hand would work...

ive done this and it worked on a crease on a mazda 6's back bumper... the "dent" was bigger than urs, i just jammed a long ice scaper up in there and it poped right out.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 5:19 PM
z yaaaa wrote:sorry, not a fan of the spoiler, too me its it doesnt even look right on a neon, let alone a cav.

x2

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, April 15, 2007 5:28 PM
alright well i picked up a trunk lid off an 03 cavalier today (much thanks to (nobling) its silver so i have to get it painted i plan to do that really soon prob a week depending on how busy the body shop is. i will also talk to them about molding the current spolier and i will post up pics after the install and do a side by side and then decide from there what to go with

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:18 PM
quick question does anyone know the paint code for the black paint on an 05 cavalier. the sticker on my door is no longer there (pressure washer took it off lol) thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search