Front Bumper Fitment Issues - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front Bumper Fitment Issues
Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:47 PM
I have the 03-05 type j front bumper and im having trouble installing it. I cant seem to get rid of the sag by the headlights and the seem where the hood and bumper meet. can anybody please post some pics on how they installed there type j esp. where the hood meets the bumper. i figure that right there is where im having all my problems. thanks!!

Re: Front Bumper Fitment Issues
Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:00 PM
Did you cut up the front bumper support or did you just remove it? If you just removed it then thats where youre having problems. You should be able to cut the support, bolt the bumper on the fenders, and then use the supplied aluminum supports (four of them) along the middle by the front of the hood. You can see some pics of mine installed at www.cardomain.com/id/mycavyrulz Its really pretty simple to do if you take your time and dont rush it.

"Lil Brudder! He's got the heart of a champion!"
Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:12 PM
yeah that bumper pretty much sucks and rk doesent back there s_hit up at all......i had alot of fitment issues with mine.....alot of welding brackets to my core support and its still not right.....im going to just get a sunfire front with a streetfire front bumper even though i now hate rk....so your pretty much screwd man.you will get no help here or anywhere i can think of and you most def will not find pics of insstalation on an 03 i looked everywhere. ,most i can tell ya is to weld a piece that holds the bottem of the crush guard up....but y eah thats the wost fitting piece of garbage front bumper i have ever seen.....i cant wait to burn that piece of s_hit and mail it to rksport, or i might just take a s_hit in a box and send it to rksport....not sure what would make me laugh more....the s_hit or the s_hitty poduct that there selling to people......sorry about your luck man,
Saturday, April 07, 2007 3:00 PM
mine does the same thing what headlight mines the passenger headlight

Saturday, April 07, 2007 3:56 PM
its not that big of a deal at all actually.. i have the urethane drift front and had the same issue.. all u need to do is make 4 "s" brackets and weld them or bolt them or even push pin them in..i did that and makes it look like a clean and stock look. Takes about an 30minutes to a hour to do..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search