And I'm spent... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
And I'm spent...
Monday, April 02, 2007 12:10 PM
For those of you wondering what all you can buy with $5,000 for a j-body... the following pics show just that its been a long time coming for this update on my car, and FINALLY i can get it on here. i would say i have about 75% of the parts pictured already on the car, and yesterday i successfully started it up and she ran GREAT!

I would like to thank a few ppl for the extraordinary support and flawless business greatness:

Fred JR. at SMG motoring
JASON at A Plus Performance
Ron Beyer aka "Shifted" at Shifted tuning

On to the pictures:

SMG: 58mm at the butterly TB

180 amp upgraded alternator, case powdercoated black with blue AEM pulley

Custom tuned VCM by Shifted

heres some shots (sorry, i took them with my cam fone) of the venom manifold on:

I also bought a JSP carbon fiber trunk lid, but when i recieved it, it had a huge gash in the clear coat and im awaiting replacement, also waiting on the joshua dearman neon rear disk brake swap kit (i told him to wait until he could do the extra work on them so i didnt have to) also bought a gm genuwine AC condensor and new lower AC line but forgot to take pics

Thanks for looking!!!

Re: And I'm spent...
Monday, April 02, 2007 12:16 PM
Dayum! Sweet collection of parts there my man!!

Excellent!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, April 02, 2007 12:17 PM
very nice man!

Monday, April 02, 2007 12:26 PM
BOUT damn time you post pics hehe.. Engine looks sick, nice parts..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, April 02, 2007 12:27 PM
Wow, you're not supposed to spend it all at once..... haha, makes it seem much more irresponsible.. haha
Monday, April 02, 2007 12:28 PM
STYLEZ wrote:Wow, you're not supposed to spend it all at once..... haha, makes it seem much more irresponsible.. haha

lol, spent it if ya got it man!!!!

Monday, April 02, 2007 12:50 PM
wow, great stuff brad!!!
i love the clear 95-99 cav headlights so much better. those with the clear turn signals on your white car will look fantastic (IMO)!!!!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Monday, April 02, 2007 12:54 PM
dayum! very nice! your car is where i want mine to be. too bad i dont have a job right now.

i've never seen that intake mani b4, whats the gains suppost to be on one of those. any better than switching to an HO?

also, what pulleys are those? where u get em?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Monday, April 02, 2007 12:59 PM
tha_prowler wrote:dayum! very nice! your car is where i want mine to be. too bad i dont have a job right now.

i've never seen that intake mani b4, whats the gains suppost to be on one of those. any better than switching to an HO?

also, what pulleys are those? where u get em?

the intake manifold is made by VENOM... and please dont mistake it for the POS OBX rip-off gains, nobody knows, im going to dyno my car this summer, but will have no idea if it helped or not since ive added a lot of other stuff as well.

pulleys:

AEM alternator pulley (bought it from an org member like 3 years ago) but ebay has them redily available as well.
00+ plastic wheel belt tensionor, bought it right from GM, i do believe it was $55.00
RSM underdrive aluminum crank pulley, i bought it off a seller on ebay named Frankie Z, he supposidly bought out rsm/z spec of pulleys when they went under... i paid $35.00 shipped for it brand new. idk if he has anymore though

and on a side note... it was utter HELL to find a right size belt for this combo, i tried like 5 diff. belts before i got the right one.

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:06 PM

KY FTW!

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:09 PM
yea i was just lookin around and found a couple ppl on ebay with the OBX. def post up numbers when u get to the dyno.

why you need the 00 belt tensioner?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:12 PM
Adam (StealthCavalier) you think like me. The only problem with that many parts on the bed is that you have to move them all to have sex. Put them on the floor next time. LOL

Having shifted redo my computer was some of the best money I have spent on my car. I bet you will feel a difference form it. I can't wait to see it up and running and ride in it, I mean drive it.

I have to say that alternator looks tits.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 02, 2007 1:15 PM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:18 PM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:

KY FTW!

Priceless.

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:19 PM
I envy you.

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:31 PM
the Venom header looks HOT!!!!!!!!

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:34 PM
good eye! ahhahhaahahahahahaaha

KY FTW!

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:34 PM
You mean venom intake manifold? lol

JW zyaa what did smg charge to bore your tb? And Id love to have somone tune my computer, what did he charge?

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:38 PM
STREAKER1369 wrote:good eye! ahhahhaahahahahahaaha

KY FTW!

GOT DAMN IT!!! i was hoping nobody would see that.... LMFAO!!!!!! oh well, what can i say... the shiit works great

smg-$180.00
shifted tuning-$170.00

00+ plastic wheel belt tensionor because the older ones are steel and heavier, plus... u cant go wrong with brand new parts i also wanted things to be nice n tight with all the new pulleys etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 02, 2007 1:41 PM

Monday, April 02, 2007 2:10 PM
Nice collection of parts. good work

Monday, April 02, 2007 2:25 PM
Nice collection of parts!

Get everything installed now!

Lookin' good though.

Monday, April 02, 2007 2:25 PM
I'd like to know how that manifold works out for ya.

Monday, April 02, 2007 2:28 PM
dude, thats how its done. your engine bay looks great and you have an array of really nice parts. you are the man.

Monday, April 02, 2007 2:32 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Get everything installed now!

lol, i have been man!!!! every night i go out an tinker with it and get something new on. i really dont have that much left, just gotta get alotta little things all shored up and clean up the engine bay some more. im hoping it will be on the road within the next month.

Full Cav Effect (stenger) wrote:I'd like to know how that manifold works out for ya.

so far its working very well. that new TB and this intake gives the "sucking" sound a whole new tone!!!! it whistles pretty loud. even at like just barely open throttle it's pretty loud.

and thanks a ton for all the great compliments guys... it really means a lot. u guys rule!!!!

Monday, April 02, 2007 3:13 PM
sweet man. good stuff

Monday, April 02, 2007 3:24 PM
Quote:

icemike89 Online

You mean venom intake manifold? lol

OOPS...........well you know what i meant

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search