Oh it drags! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oh it drags!
Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:17 PM
Some of you may have seen the thread in Suspension & Brake about a few of us ordering up the auto pilot by easy street kits.

We'll, here's mine:

(pics from yesterday)

Controller mounted:

*yes I know, you hate the fur.... but I love it so

Tank and compressor mounted:

*Yes I know, its a cluster @!#$.

and a little video.

Parents turn off the sound if your kids are near. HED PE is pretty vulgar.

http://nkyunderground.com/air.mpg

Paint is on the way, as soon as I save up a few more hundred bucks, then sometime, wheels. (stupid bills set me back every time I try)

Re: Oh it drags!
Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:30 PM
sweet vid,

Getting "better built" for the '08...
Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:32 PM
nice man

Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:33 PM
Nice!! I want air

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:36 PM
BTW. I'll have better pics tomorrow. Didn't feel like taking any after we finished today. We had about 6 hours into it, but that includes the trip to the auto parts store, and playing around.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:48 PM
nice!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:14 PM
Hmm.... Looks Like i need to come down and show you how to "HIT SOME SWITCHES" I think the idea of the Digital set up is pretty sweet, but looking at the Video it seems that it takes the fun out of "HITTIN THE SWITCH" I guess I'll have to make a Vid to show you how it's done with a switchbox.

Props on the Baggs. You'll love em.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:19 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:Hmm.... Looks Like i need to come down and show you how to "HIT SOME SWITCHES" I think the idea of the Digital set up is pretty sweet, but looking at the Video it seems that it takes the fun out of "HITTIN THE SWITCH" I guess I'll have to make a Vid to show you how it's done with a switchbox.

Props on the Baggs. You'll love em.

meh. tell that to my back right now. But its mostly sore from laying on cold concrete installing the crap, then ridding home with them on 9 so that they brake in good.

Note to self.... Turn down first thing in morning.

I also found out tonight (once i took the damn camera home.... stupid me) that it'll dog leg, and shoot 8ft sparks at 45mph. But tomorrow is another day.

Digital isn't to bad. It freaked out about 5 of my friends when I started the car and got out. Then about 2 seconds later, the auto pilot took over and raised it all up with me walking away from it.

I really didn't tell many locals that I was doing this, and I wish I could of seen the looks on their faces when I drug by where we hang out.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:23 PM
Yeah, needs some practice with the switches!

get it painted and some wheels!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:07 PM
So what happened to this all oem look performance car with a rack for your skates?

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:14 PM
pushing 150K miles on a tranny, kinda worried me about it braking. But the body's still ALL OEM Panels or OEM Style. And it will remain that way. And I don't really have the time or money to do a full swap on the motor, trans, and ect, right now.

So that takes me back to what I originally wanted to do with the car when I first saw it. Lay it low, drag it, and stay away from body kits.

I am the first one in my area to drag a FWD car..... So I'll take that as my victory in life.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:19 PM

Your driveway does not count.

Quote:

I am the first one in my area to drag a FWD car..... So I'll take that as my victory in life

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:19 PM

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:22 PM
First off, it wasn't my drive way. It was the street at my friend Jakes house. I live in the city, he lives in the country, so the roads not all that impressive. Even if it was in his drive way, it would of been draggin gravel.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:24 PM
Lol just be warned, if I see correctly then you welded your block to the crossmember that goes from the lower rad. support to the engine cradle. That thing will just twsit up on you, can end up makign a mess. Nice to see another J drag. If you need any help with that I know a thing or 2 about it, hit me up lol

Re: Oh it BLOWS!
Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:25 PM
Wow you caught the sarcasm!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:26 PM

Sunday, March 11, 2007 3:06 AM
Are you running 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch air line?

I want my setup to be about that speed and was just curious on what size you have.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:33 AM
i just dont like how u have the controller mounted.. woulda been nicer in the door panel arm rest or something so its not obvious ur messing with switches.. but cool that u can lay low.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:49 AM
Its about damn time!! I want to see more pics and more vids. I will be measuring mine today for the contest. But, it looks like you may already have me beat out on that!! Great to see you finaly sitting on air!!

Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:24 AM
Im running 1/2 line on 3/8 manifold valves

Its actually mounted to the K member, and not the cradle. I think in the same place yours, and Yellow22 ares.

and cotton. here soon i'll take more pics.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:33 AM
Full Cav Effect (stenger) wrote:pushing 150K miles on a tranny, kinda worried me about it braking. But the body's still ALL OEM Panels or OEM Style. And it will remain that way. And I don't really have the time or money to do a full swap on the motor, trans, and ect, right now.

So that takes me back to what I originally wanted to do with the car when I first saw it. Lay it low, drag it, and stay away from body kits.

I am the first one in my area to drag a FWD car..... So I'll take that as my victory in life.

You have money for air ride but not a good tranny?!?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:34 AM

Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:19 AM
HED PE FTMFW!!!!!!!

Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:19 AM
Alrighty, so I cleaned it up, and snapped some pics.

Ride Height:

Laid out:

Drag Blocks from Jake Fields Customs

Exhaust laying out:

Little lean:

Front down, rear up (sitting on drag blocks)

Rear down, Front up:

Car had to stop for a pee, so it dog legged:

and at the door:

And I don't care if you don't like my car, I love it.

Paint should be next month if I can save up a few hundred more, then wheels once I find a style I like in the right offset and price. May just stay with stockers though. I like the 3rd gen Z wheels, so probably go back to a set of those.

It will be painted Flat Black with 3 satin clear coats. Why? Because its just who I am, and what I like.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:48 AM
yeah where you have your blocks will be fine. mine are actually right next to the a-arm. looks good man get some paint on it. and some pinstripe if your going satin black would look cool

Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:58 AM
Looks good bro! Do you ride with the drag blocks on it at all times?

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:09 PM
Exterior is looking rough right now but I love the way it sits. Very nice man. I gotta agree with yellow22 that pinstriping might look cool. Maybe throw a pic of your car in image manipulation and see what someone can come up with. Also, if you're going with black paint, I bet bronze wheels would look great(although I am biased). Very nice man, keep up the good progress.

I had something really funny to put here but it was too long.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search