I got a new Camera (10 pics) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I got a new Camera (10 pics)
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:18 AM
I decided to get myself a little something for christmas this year. I bought a Olympus E-300 8MP digital SLR. It's really nice but its prob gonna take me forever to really learn how to use it. I hope you guys like the pics and happy holidays to everyone!

let me know what you guys think and anyone with real photo skills has any suggestions i would like to hear them

Re: I got a new Camera (10 pics)
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:27 AM
Man your car is tight. Very clean. Nice camera as well..

Btw, where do some of you guys live where you can be parking out in the middle of the dang on street and nobody comes along? lolol..

Keep it up man.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:30 AM
BTW, for a suggestion, I'll suggest that you paint the mirrors to match the body.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:31 AM
i got a new camera also but haven't really had a chance to mess with it and a car yet

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:36 AM
The subject of the photo appears underexposed (e.g. the car is too dark, not really making the red pop like it should). I think this is because you are in a shaded area and your background is lit up.

I'd also work on your depth of field to make the car pop out at you. Check out this site for more tips. It may be a canon site, but the tips in the photo sharing section will apply to almost any camera and/or photographer.

Congrats on the camera. Take the time to learn it, and you'll be rewarded with amazing photos.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:31 AM
WHITECAVY-- thanks and i live in a small town so there isnt to much traffic and everyone is pretty much used to me. I set up like that for a pic in the downtown area and a cop rolled up and said "thats gonna be a nice pic" LOL i was blocking both lanes it was kinda funny, unfortunely the pic didnt come out good but i will figure this camera out. oh and i have thought about the mirrors but i like them black.

Geeds- - take the truck out and get some pics of it

Muffin-- thanks for the info i really want to use this camera so i will take all the help i can get.
And on one of the pics i tried to make the car darker i took it both ways and really liked the darker one better.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:40 AM
good luck buying those zuiko lenses there expensive nice camera though i like the anti dust thing

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:44 AM
STREAKER1369 wrote:

Geeds- - take the truck out and get some pics of it

umm christmas day it was raining here and i've been working the past few days maybe I'll do some night shots tonight but we will see

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 10:34 AM
Here is what I meant by making the car pop. I took one of the photos and quickly edited it in Adobe Lightroom (literally, less than 3 minutes). It's not a perfect edit by any means, but it should show bringing out the red actually seperates the car from everything else.

From this:

To this:

See, it pops

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 11:39 AM
Paul Richwine -- yeah but they will be worth it once i figure out the camera

Geeds-- what kind of camera did you get?

muffin-- thats a terrible chop! J/P man i get what your sayin and i really hope i get some time to try things out. As it is right now i get off work about 4:30 or 5 and it gets dark here about 6 and im in the moutains so it hard to find good light after work.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 11:41 AM
STREAKER1369 wrote:let me know what you guys think and anyone with real photo skills has any suggestions i would like to hear them

Here's one: Drive to KY, meet up with Phlatcav, take about 937 pictures of the two cars together.

After everybody who sees them goes through 937 pairs of pants.....we'll be happy.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 11:53 AM
Admiral Jedi wrote:
STREAKER1369 wrote:let me know what you guys think and anyone with real photo skills has any suggestions i would like to hear them

Here's one: Drive to KY, meet up with Phlatcav, take about 937 pictures of the two cars together.

After everybody who sees them goes through 937 pairs of pants.....we'll be happy.

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:09 PM
I know, it sucked, I was just trying to see what I could do with the red, without killing everything else.

Sunrise and sunset are the best times for pictures (from a natural lighting standpoint). Here is a good write up on how to use lighting when photographing cars.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:32 PM
STREAKER1369 wrote:
Geeds-- what kind of camera did you get?

Canon S3

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:33 PM
The second pic looks pretty good. That is a good background. I would try and center your car in the pic a litle better and also get a litle closer so your car takes up more of the picture. I think you did pretty good though for your first time. I like your car too.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:33 PM
looks very good. nice quality and very scenic pics.

if i may suggest, i think the 95-99 z fog lights would look great on your car. IMO they go best with the bomex fronts.

keep up the good work

Check out my CARDOMAIN page
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:43 PM
all that $$ on a cam and ur gonna host the images on cardomain.. embarassing
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:52 PM
haha funny but true ^^

i like photobucket.com or imageshack.com

cuz when you do start taking good pictures, you dont want a big stamp on the corner

good luck with the expensive camera!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:57 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:The second pic looks pretty good. That is a good background. I would try and center your car in the pic a litle better and also get a litle closer so your car takes up more of the picture. I think you did pretty good though for your first time. I like your car too.

depends on the kind of pic sometimes you want to show a real good amount of back ground

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 1:08 PM

Admiral Jedi & 03lssportblue -- thanks! i think he has one of the nicest rides here.

muffin -- i understood what you ment and thats all that matters right? oh and thanks for the other link also

Geeds-- nice man i look forward to some pics.

Wade Jarvis -- thanks for the suggestions

CavFire (tabs) aka tabasco-- thanks! i thought about the fogs but my intake is right there and i dunno if i would really like the look.

navycav3 -- I put them there cause i dont feel like resizing them. i have a photobucket account.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 27, 2006 1:09 PM

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 2:54 PM
Sdime5 wrote:all that $$ on a cam and ur gonna host the images on cardomain.. embarassing

Dont you have anything better to do?

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 3:19 PM
true good luck i have the nikon d2x and i love it

Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:07 AM
so i worked with the images as well. same idea muffin had. except muffin upped the overall saturation up a bit too high causing the highlights in the car too look very blue.

which is ok he did fast mods to give you an idea which is good

i massaged the images a bit more

I used adobe lightroom. I suggest downloading it NOW it is a miracle worker

here is what i came up with

I didnt spend a ton of time on these pics either so they are not perfect.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:30 AM
Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:40 AM
All I got to say Nathaniel O'Flaherty. Very nice job on taking the pics. Very nice put together car as well, Very sharp.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search