Out with the old, in with the NEW S/C - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Out with the old, in with the NEW S/C
Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:59 AM
So I really had no plans of getting rid of the cavalier, ran fine, body was mint, had ( and still do have ) a hella load of parts for it, waiting for install and paint and whatnot. One day my buddy calls me up to look at a truck with him and give him my input, behind it is a 07 Supercharged Cobalt. To make a long story short, he didnt get the truck, this was on a friday, and tuesday i was driving around in my new car. Here are the pictures of saying goodbye to the cavalier and hello to the new baby. Enjoy

so now we have a parts pile in the way of continuing progress on finishing the living room....

And My Girlfriend gets some of my cavalier on her car ( still a big pile of stuff i need to get rid of )

Re: Out with the old, in with the NEW S/C
Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:02 AM
Congrats on the new ride.. Love it.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:16 AM
thank you. love your car as well. SOO clean

Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:34 AM
nice upgrade and now boosted

good move and sweet ride

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:52 AM
Thought i recognized alot of the pics already.. started freakin me out when all the pics started to look familar.. but then i found this http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=251788&t=251788#251788

thought i was some sort of physic or something.. lol j/k

i like ur girls car better tho. sorry.. but i do lol

Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:54 AM
Awesome! I'm doing the exact same upgrade! Mine's Victory Red, I can't wait to get it next sunday!

Thursday, October 19, 2006 6:48 AM
03lssportblue - thanks, i think i made a good move too
manta- i love her car too and i still get to drive it and its a cavi so i got the best of both worlds
black- no way your really getting one too?! what about the sedan? lol nejbody is going to have to be changed to NE-SC thats what 4-5 members now that have made the move?!

Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:41 AM
trade me door handles.

Portage, MI
Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:03 AM
Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:Thought i recognized alot of the pics already.. started freakin me out when all the pics started to look familar.. but then i found this http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=251788&t=251788#251788

thought i was some sort of physic or something.. lol j/k

i like ur girls car better tho. sorry.. but i do lol

haha i felt the same way, i was like, deja vu?

Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:14 AM
wOOt! love it! good decision.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:10 PM
sorry I added newer pictures of her car moved out onto the driveway with my SS

Adam great decision as well! I absolutly love it. Just sad i cannot get the Stage 2 upgrade yet until they figure out the mapping :-(

But theres many other parts to get! already bought a bunch.
funny tho my buddy just bought an 06 red ss as well.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:35 PM
Carbon Cavi wrote:sorry I added newer pictures of her car moved out onto the driveway with my SS

Adam great decision as well! I absolutly love it. Just sad i cannot get the Stage 2 upgrade yet until they figure out the mapping :-(

But theres many other parts to get! already bought a bunch.
funny tho my buddy just bought an 06 red ss as well.

forget stage two...get stage 3 and put on some nitrous

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:39 PM
Carbon, I sold it for 6k. Are you going to the New England video meet on the 4th? I plan on driving down. Hooking up with some eastern mass'er on the pike.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:55 PM

KEG !

"HONDA" tech wana-be

Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:21 PM
03lssport, i was referring to the gm stage 2, although i know other groups such as intense and whatnot make different stages, i was going to try and keep what i can out of the 5 year, 100k mile warranty. I dunno tho, we'll see. And im confused as if i should do 2.5 inch exhaust or 3 inch. any input? and i know that wont go with the warranty but would still like feedback and comments.

blackyk- the dealership sold my car for 6g as well! lol. my buddy saw some blonde chick driving it in the next town over today. heard the exhaust and knew it was my baby before he even saw it. It was stripped except for engine mounts, aem cai, and headerback exhaust. it was an 00 base with 63 beaten miles on it. ah well. but whats this meet you speak of? my birthdays on the 5th, and i took the 6th off as well. heck might as well take that day off too once i find out what it is. let me know man.

Friday, October 20, 2006 4:32 AM
Carbon Cavi wrote:03lssport, i was referring to the gm stage 2, although i know other groups such as intense and whatnot make different stages, i was going to try and keep what i can out of the 5 year, 100k mile warranty. I dunno tho, we'll see. And im confused as if i should do 2.5 inch exhaust or 3 inch. any input? and i know that wont go with the warranty but would still like feedback and comments.

blackyk- the dealership sold my car for 6g as well! lol. my buddy saw some blonde chick driving it in the next town over today. heard the exhaust and knew it was my baby before he even saw it. It was stripped except for engine mounts, aem cai, and headerback exhaust. it was an 00 base with 63 beaten miles on it. ah well. but whats this meet you speak of? my birthdays on the 5th, and i took the 6th off as well. heck might as well take that day off too once i find out what it is. let me know man.

see i hang out with alot SS and Redline guys in my area and they are talking about its either intense or gm that makes a stage three kit that get 300hp plus already setup to run nitrous and as for the exhaust alot of them are running 2.5 all the way back and they like it

if you have not already checked http://www.cobaltss.net/ is a good place for such info too

later man and nice upgrade

Friday, October 20, 2006 6:28 AM
Nice Carbon lol. My cav had 137k miles
Check out cobaltss.net. Under North East there is a huge thread about it.
btw, happy B-day man!

Friday, October 20, 2006 6:42 AM
is that the new blue streak color?

Friday, October 20, 2006 8:11 AM
halfj - its like a blue/purple color changing depending on how you look at it

blackyk - my bday is in 2 weeks?! lol

03lssport - intense stage 3 produces 255 whp, and 245 wtq at 15psi
stage 5 produces 275whp/275wtq at 19psi

as for cobaltss.net - im all over it already

Friday, October 20, 2006 12:00 PM
Carbon, be careful about that high of boost, a buddy of mine blew his motor with stg 5. I don't know all the details, but it involved passing an evo at 160 mph, and when he hit the open air when he passed the evo everything went ka-put.

Friday, October 20, 2006 12:33 PM
Let me know what all you still have for sale...

Friday, October 20, 2006 1:13 PM
blacky k - for now all i plan on doing is aem cold air ( purchased ) ingalls torque damper ( purchased ) ssc lowering springs ( purchased ) gm stage 2 for the 07 when it becomes available, still deciding on header, dp, and catback and that will round out my performance mods for a while. Then a set of HIDS ( you know me and that id never go back to halogen for longer than I had to.

TRD Cav fire - thank you for the interest as id like to move this stuff asap outta my living room! pm sent.

Friday, October 20, 2006 4:12 PM
did you put the CHEVROLET decal on ? if so why? If not, when are you gonna take it off?

Nice Ride!

My Myspace Page
Friday, October 20, 2006 4:43 PM
Nice man, the Stg2 just came out for the 07s, so if your dealer doesn't have it, they'll get it soon. I'm gonna get some projectors and HIDs too, I loved them on my cavy I'm just going with an intake right now, mine already has the TD on it, along with some sick Toyo tires. I gotta shell out ~$600 for snow tires/steelies pretty quick too. *ouches

Friday, October 20, 2006 4:48 PM
james - no i didnt put that on there, and no i dont plan on taking it off. it was put on there as the car was taken to louden ( sp? ) for a chevrolet event where certain dealers were chosen and each dealer brought up two vehicles of their choice, mine was chosen to go up with an 07 avalanche. both were equipped with the banners and was like that when i bought it.
on a side note if anyone attended and has pictures of my car there please post! i know a few members from nej have seen it there.

black k - which intake did you go with? i went with aem as i had good results and quality on the cav, and i like the dryflow better than k&n, yeah i know i read about the stage 2 being released for the 07s today im so exited! i might go monday and order mine, or i might wait till after winter. not sure yet. yours came with toyos? mine came with pirelli p-zero tpc specs. absolutly love them!
hows the td on yours? i had a problem with serious wheel hop today on mine so i cannot wait for mine to come in

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search