OFFICIAL progress thread (56K-call your cable company) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OFFICIAL progress thread (56K-call your cable company)
Sunday, October 01, 2006 5:27 PM
well, as many of you have seen from my last thread, i rolled my car onto it's side. since then i finally got the insurance company to look at it, they gave me a check to fix it, and then it finally cleared. since it cleared i've been doing a little work here and there on the car when i can. as you'll see from the pics i'm not working in a real garage so that definitely makes things a lot harder, but i'm dealing. anyway, on with the pics.

why lay frame when you can lay pipe!

ooo. black paint on my headlights but why is that drill there?

yay!!! headlight strobes!

ooooo....a package for me?

what's in there?

thanks jason. should i take that as a hint?

yay!!! a lower motor mount!!!

my new toy

more of my new toy

i found a new pet in the driveway!!!

look at all those wires!

what's that for?

looks a little cleaner

where'd that mess go?

yay for hiding wires!

i don't like the side markers, but i wanted toyo fenders so i'm welding the holes closed

i didn't feel like running out to buy a slap hammer, so i made one.

more pics and updates will be coming as i get more done. also, i'd like to thank allstate for not totalling my car and for giving me enough money to buy the nice little digital camera that i've been taking all these pics with.

Re: OFFICIAL progress thread (56K-call your cable company)
Sunday, October 01, 2006 5:30 PM
Glad to hear they didn't total your car, but it looks like you got one hell of a road ahead of you, good luck.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 5:32 PM
woohoo! at this rate, you outta be done in 10 years.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 5:42 PM
same mig welders we have a school. have fun with the project cause it looks like it will take awhile to complete.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 5:44 PM
looks like fun..question tho..whats the differnce of toyo fenders?? since you filled the hole up? phil
Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:21 PM
good progress so far.

quick question thou. how much did that "garage-in-a-box" cost you and where did ya pick it up. i need one badly for this winter if my cars to get done by spring.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:27 PM
garage in a box!

good luck

-Adam

Sunday, October 01, 2006 7:32 PM
the toyo fenders are slightly wider than the stock ones. this will be good for me since i was havin slight rubbing issues and the widebody will take care of my rubbing issues in the rear.

the garage in a box-300+tax at bj's wholesale club. i tried sears and they said it was seasonal and walmart said they didn't even sell it. btw, if you're not in the east try cospco. they're the same kind of place from what my sis says and she lives in seattle.

i'm gonna try to have fun with it. i left my camera in the house, but i just took a resistance reading a few minutes ago to find out the size for a resistor to bypass my passlock. does .59 ohms sound like anything anyone else is getting? i thought it would be higher than that. it started out around 19 but as i got my leads touching the wire better it went down to .59 and settled there.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 8:29 PM
woow jon looks good.. im glad you got everything started..

makes me wanna come out and play but.. you know why i can and lets not bring that up here..

by the way i love the home made SLap HAmmer! lol

nioce pics by the way.. you have cammera!!

nice job on the wiring i know what its for!! yeah!
BOIIIIII

GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, October 01, 2006 8:38 PM
lol @ garage in a box

jk...looks like you got a lot of work to do, cant wait to see it done

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Sunday, October 01, 2006 8:40 PM
you can laugh at my garage in a box all you want man, but if you saw what my real garage looked like you'd know exactly why i had to buy it. maybe i'll add pics of that with the next update lol

Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:17 PM
COOLNESS!!

GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:37 PM
That welder looks cute

Looks like you got a lot of work set out for yourself. Have fun!
Monday, October 02, 2006 1:55 AM
So how much wider do you know? like half inch? phil
Monday, October 02, 2006 9:02 AM
sykeeok wrote:
the garage in a box-300+tax at bj's wholesale club. i tried sears and they said it was seasonal and walmart said they didn't even sell it. btw, if you're not in the east try cospco. they're the same kind of place from what my sis says and she lives in seattle.

awsome. according to the website i can still get a memeber ship (being canadian and all) colset for me seem to be Tonawanda, so ill probly drop by there and pick one up when i go vist my cousins in a few weeks.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:51 AM
tonawanda? is that in western ny?

btw, nothing's been happening with the cav since sunday. i got in my second fender yesterday but something came up and i had to head out. then i lost daylight and prison break came on so i had to watch that tonight i won't get anything done. i'm going to the chance in poughkeepsie, ny to see catch 22 and less than jake. hopefully wednesday will see some more progress.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:11 PM
What the hell is that fur thing?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:31 PM
^that would be my guess

but yea tonawanda is in the west. donno its the closet place to the border that i noticed.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:03 AM
Alexis wrote:What the hell is that fur thing?

it appears to be a completely flattened mouse that i found on the driveway while working on the car.

btw, the concert last night was awesome! ran into some people i hadn't seen in a while and met a really cool bi chick, but she was there with her girlfriend.......anyway. lol before i left i got the axles pulled out of the knuckles and 1 control arm completely out of the subframe. the other one appears to be wedged in at the rear since that's where most of the subframe damage is. if all goes according to plan i should be able to get the subframe out tonight and at the very least begin installing the new one along with my sway bar. this is all as long as it doesn't rain. unfortunately there's nothing sealing the bottom on the 'garage' and my driveway has a slight angle to it so the rain water runs under the walls and soaks the floor. i really don't feel like laying on my back in that. we'll see. i'll have updates as soon as i can.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:10 AM
looks good so far man, i can't believe that u didn;'t have more damage then that- lucky i guess? haha good luck on the build

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:22 PM
well, here's what got done tonight-the subframe got dropped and the new one got slammed in. unfortunately i am basically stuck doing everything by myself so lifting a new subframe up was a little tricky, but i got her in. getting the old one out was easy though (thank you gravity). i know some of the bolts are missing. it was getting late and i was getting tired and sore so i packed up. next time the driveway is dry i'm planning to loosen the bolts up and jimmy the subframe around to get the last 2 bolts to line up. also, i put a sway bar in since i had the subframe down. figured it was as good a time as any. anyway, on with the pics

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:42 PM
sweet...... I want toyo fenders......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:46 PM
i love your new frame.. lol
nice rack.. and unders...

damn io wanna help so bad
you qork on thursday?

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, October 04, 2006 11:13 PM
Very nice... but maybe you should've put in the urethane bushings on the sway bar.... but regular bushings are better than no bushings at all... might be a good time to add the bushings to the A-arms as well! Looks good... I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:27 AM
you know, i was really thinking about doing all poly bushings, but the check i got was only so much lol i think i'm going to save that upgrade for another time. besides, right now i'm more interested in getting the car back to being street worthy
dave-i work mon-fri 8am-5pm.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search