My Wallet Exploded with the Festivities! UPDATES!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My Wallet Exploded with the Festivities! UPDATES!!
Friday, July 07, 2006 2:27 PM
....and tons of parts came falling from the shooting fire!

Actually i figured since everyone else was givin updates i would let you guys see what i've been up to the past couple weeks.

First off, new rims! w00t w00t! 18"x7.5" Riax 5G in Gunmetal with Polished Lip and Center Cap. I've wanted these rims for atleast two years and this summer i had a feeling i had to get these rims before they would be hard to get. I like the fact there not popular and have a racey look to them. Also when i first saw these on Laffs sunfire just added more desire to these rims.. they seemed to fit perfect.. so i knew even more i wanted these even more from when i first saw them in a car show in florida.. So i've always kept a eye on them and saved my money to get them, checked summit one day for price on them and they were discontinued the weekend before, and there were only 4 available on order.. So i knew it had to be a sign so i ordered em and here they be. Prolly wont put em on till next spring when i can get some rubber for em, but couldnt beat the price($332 shipped) Although one of the center caps is knicked up from getting loose in the box, all i did was call up Summit and they have a new one being sent to me! For those of you who dont know Summit Racing is great business to deal with.

Also.. here are pics that keep reminding me i need a damn garage.. I'm moving to Ft Wayne soon enough which has a 2 car garage so i guess i can wait but here are some parts and projects i got going on.

Door Panels, the two up front are the ones im using, they will be painted black, and the arm rests and cubby pockets will be wraped in black cloth.

Some projects are pictured here:
- Headliner, my old one behind the new one that will soon be wrapped in black cloth also
- Custom taillights in process, you will just have to wait to see these when done
- in the tote are misc interior pieces already painted the black im using
Also notice i have a collection of AC Knobs and random parts stacked in the corner

Completed Rear deck wraped in black cloth, with 5yrds of cloth on it to use for everything else, also my stock dash cover is behind it soon to be wrapped

Here you can see my 2.3L HO Intake Manifold i got off Rob Weis a while back, need to port match it but it wont go on this current engine.. itll be put on with the built engine when i get that project going.

You'll see my 00 Center Console in this pic, the armrest will be wrapped in the black cloth and then the console will be painted also. My Collection of AC Vents the panels that go in behind the back seat. And also some old parts just hangin around..

Import Fighter Side Skirts i got off Dennis(Grimor), there both there just put together, also the pass one is broken so before they go on, ill have to pick up a good pass one sumwhere.. but hey $50 bucks for them was a great deal.

Import Fighter Rear Bumper i got off Joey(Joeydabomb), great deal and no problems with it other then whoever was the original owner needs to learn how to paint.. had to take it down to bare urethane because whoever painted it the gold color thought it would be ok not to scuff up the bumper or primer the bumper before paint.. so the paint was just chipping off..

Freshly wrapped visors with painted vanity mirrors(no pic of mirrors sorry), also you can see my newly added rear view with map lights

Also to go along with the new headliner and rear view i wired in the single bulb for the single bulb dome light in the headliner..

*Not pictured, i have the rear side panels all sanded ready for paint.. I'll prolly take it in with the console and door panels so i can get it all in the booth and painted at once..

Figured i'd throw up some current pics too, No scenery cuz its not much to look at right now.. I sold my Ram air hood to Eric Francis.. After a long thought of what i wanted the car to look in the final stage i realized the ram air hood wasnt part of it so i sold it to someone to put it to good use. Plan to be sporting a whole new look soon as i get it lowered.. I have a new front bumper in the shed waiting to go on but i want to lower the car first.. Every time i look at it i want to put it on so i had to put it somewhere i wont see it lol.. once the car is lowered itll be the next thing to go on..

Here is pic of interior.. Momo hub and "Bride" wheel added.. Also my neighbor gave me some free 5ΒΌ Jenson speakers.. and since i blew my soundstorm 4x6s i replaced them with these.. So with these Jensons and my Soundstorm 6x9s it sounds acceptable for me but it will soon be changed to Alpine.. Also i recently found a antenna adapter for free so i installed it.. so i havent had a chance to take my time and go back in and remount my headunit.. so its sticking bout a inch further then normal.. Also the bezel is painted the black i will be using for everything else so u can kinda see what it will look like.. The interior is messy now with everything going on.. but almost everything in there right now will be replaced so im not worrying about it..

and figured i'd just show off my glow some more

Next week i will be ordering a few more things
Corvette 8" Antenna to replace my shortened stock one for better reception
and more LEDs.. replaceing all interior bulbs i can with LEDs.. Dome light, map lights, license plate light, trunk light, glove box.. All green except the map lights will be white.

Once thats done all funds will be saved for some Coilovers..

Such a long post eh? sorry lol

Also i have a few things for sale listed here, as you can see i need the room lol

Any comments welcome..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 07, 2006 2:29 PM

Re: My Wallet Exploded with the Festivities! UPDAT
Friday, July 07, 2006 2:32 PM
busy little beaver.....

Friday, July 07, 2006 3:27 PM
^^ aint that the truth! always working on some thing!

the car is going to look sick with the ideas you have going into the car! keep us all updated on your progress.

Friday, July 07, 2006 3:29 PM
Damn man you've been working. Best rims ever! btw those riax stickers on the center cap will come off after a few washes so watch for that lol.

Friday, July 07, 2006 3:31 PM
Chris Foresta wrote:busy little beaver.....

heheheheh he said beaver.

looks like ur having some fun! hurry and finish

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, July 07, 2006 4:41 PM
looks like you've got some fun ahead of you. make sure you keep us updated

Friday, July 07, 2006 4:51 PM
Aren't the visors a bitch?

Looks like fun

Friday, July 07, 2006 6:24 PM
looking good
how easy was it to wire in the rear view with the map lights?
theres one at a near by junkyard and ive wanted to put that in

Friday, July 07, 2006 8:30 PM
a wall of parts....someone sure has been saving lol

now put them all on already lol

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, July 07, 2006 8:54 PM
Ya got the rims, huh? They are pretty nice. I don't see how you can wait to put them on! I'd have them babies on my car the same day I got them. lol But I'm impatient like that, ya know.

Good job so far! Plan on getting a different hood in the future?

-Crystal

Friday, July 07, 2006 11:52 PM
looks tight man, cant wait to see it all together.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 9:06 AM

yeah lol, had some nice cash come to me so i had to spend it lol

rawkfist wrote:^^ aint that the truth! always working on some thing!

the car is going to look sick with the ideas you have going into the car! keep us all updated on your progress.

yeh im trying to keep myself busy.. i def plan to keep progress up, and id love to get alot of it done too. i cant wait.. i have a rendering of out how i want it to look and i love it

Laffs99GT wrote:Damn man you've been working. Best rims ever! btw those riax stickers on the center cap will come off after a few washes so watch for that lol.

O yeh, lmao i found that out. the one cap that got knicked up.. i was putting it back in the back and i saw Riax stickin o nthe bag and i looked at the cap and it was missing it.. i was like damn its just a sticker.. o well.. but yes.. there the best rims i love em

Qwik2k2z24 wrote:looks like ur having some fun! hurry and finish

Yeh im having lots of fun.. and i wouldnt mind having it done right now but money is a issue.. cuz see theres this problem.. i need to get some..

alias1429 (now with boost) wrote:looks like you've got some fun ahead of you. make sure you keep us updated

Yeah its all fun.. except trying to get all that stuff in that small room lol

BradSk88 wrote:Aren't the visors a bitch?

Eh, they werent to bad.. just figuring out how to get em apart was a pain.. cuz i pulled out the staple thinkin theyd fall apart lol.. but then i realized it was glued so i took a metal ruler and pryed em apart seperated teh arm and vanity mirror from it.. painted those black and then wrapped the visor and put it back together with some gorilla glue...

themarin8r wrote:looking good
how easy was it to wire in the rear view with the map lights?
theres one at a near by junkyard and ive wanted to put that in

Thanks man, it actually wasnt hard at all.. in the wires coming from the a-pillar.. there is only 3 wires.. the mirror connects all 3 wires to it.. and if u put a one bulb dome light there is only 2 wires from that but all the colors match and just wire em in.. Here is a post on how i explain how i did it.. Click me, Wiring Dome Light and Mirror w/ Map Lights

03lssportblue wrote:a wall of parts....someone sure has been saving lol
now put them all on already lol

Not really saving but i got a big pay day.. i was just surprised i kept the money for the months i did.. kept putting off buying everything for somereason.. and trust me.. i wish i had some rubber for em.. they would sooo be on right now..

Crystal(CrazyCavGirl) OR Jacob wrote:Ya got the rims, huh? They are pretty nice. I don't see how you can wait to put them on! I'd have them babies on my car the same day I got them. lol But I'm impatient like that, ya know.

Good job so far! Plan on getting a different hood in the future?

-Crystal

I cant wait but i need to get tires for em now.. but also i dont really wanna put them on without lowering.. for some reason i dont mind the wheel gap i got now.. well i do but its not killing me.. but if i put the 18s without it id just feel weird lookin at it..
And yeh plannin to get the CarbonbyDesign Turbo Sport hood.. but honestly.. i miss my ram air hood.. atleast with the rest of this front end..
I think it looks so nice with the hood here

OneBadZ24 wrote:looks tight man, cant wait to see it all together.

Thanks man, me either.. but means alot.

Thanks for all the comments guys..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 08, 2006 9:08 AM

Saturday, July 08, 2006 4:10 PM
I bet you really had that SS hood now dont you hahahahaha........well i painted it to match the car so ill post a couple pics on here for you to see, also im starting on my interior, let me know when you do the led purchase so i can go in with you!!!

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Saturday, July 08, 2006 6:47 PM
Those rims are sick dude, like they said above, youre always workin on that car and theres something new every day, lol. Cant wait to see it in PAINT!

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:52 PM
love it
you know your making me look lazy

cardomain page
Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:10 AM
Eric Francis wrote:I bet you really had that SS hood now dont you hahahahaha........well i painted it to match the car so ill post a couple pics on here for you to see, also im starting on my interior, let me know when you do the led purchase so i can go in with you!!!

Naw i wish lol, as for the LED purchase ill prolly wait till later in the week im calling a place on tint so if i get a good deal ill tint the windows and it might be a lil longer for the LED purchase..

ZeeTwankyFo wrote:Those rims are sick dude, like they said above, youre always workin on that car and theres something new every day, lol. Cant wait to see it in PAINT!

Thanks man, glad you like it.. the rims arent 20s.. but i think they'll do right? lol and me either.. This week im getting a price on gettin the car primed and sealed so they whole car will actually match.

notallthere wrote:love it
you know your making me look lazy

haha, sorry not trying to. your sides should look great once done.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:32 AM
Man I keep seein' that Z bumper sitting there for me huh...

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:17 AM

all for you

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:35 AM
I cant belive how far things are coming along.. now put the whole car in black primer.. its sexy.. j/k I love the green machine still,. wouldnt be the same

I saw some of the stuff when I was at your house but I didnt see the wheels yet... they look good, now you just have Toyos for Tots fund and get some tires on that mugfugger

Hopefully youll have them on by the Best buy show?

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:39 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

heheheheh he said beaver.

looks like ur having some fun! hurry and finish

jesus thats for real

ur gonna finish that car soon, its gonne be awesome

Sunday, July 09, 2006 12:20 PM
look at them sexy ass rims

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine

Sunday, July 09, 2006 2:18 PM
Hey, you said you were moving back to FW, hit me up, we could meet sometime (need more people with J's in a group in FW).

Sunday, July 09, 2006 3:05 PM
very nice Manta
cant wait to see them on the car
Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:28 PM
Karnage wrote:I cant belive how far things are coming along.. now put the whole car in black primer.. its sexy.. j/k I love the green machine still,. wouldnt be the same

I saw some of the stuff when I was at your house but I didnt see the wheels yet... they look good, now you just have Toyos for Tots fund and get some tires on that mugfugger

Hopefully youll have them on by the Best buy show?

Thanks jeff, i want to get the whole car primered but i dont think i will.. maybe just the hood cuz of somone keying it and the rock chips and so it wont look at bad. Doubt ill have em on by the 29th.. but ill have one with me to set next to the car thats for sure

dirty elf wrote:jesus thats for real

ur gonna finish that car soon, its gonne be awesome

I dunno bout finishing it soon.. mainly just cash but there is also so much stuff i want and feel i need to do to make it seem to me the car is done..

~trOll~ wrote:look at them sexy ass rims

thanks man.. i love em

Ender_Wiggin wrote:Hey, you said you were moving back to FW, hit me up, we could meet sometime (need more people with J's in a group in FW).

yeh ill remember that.. i think i might have found the house but the foundation has some problems so they are fixing it before i decide to get it

1320dance wrote:very nice Manta
cant wait to see them on the car

me either larry..

Thanks everyone for comments and support.. means alot some support me and my hobby..

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:37 PM
looking good. can't wait to see it all on the car!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search