Official ~<( S I N B I R D )>~ thread - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Official ~<( S I N B I R D )>~ thread
Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:55 AM
I have a thread that was originally about megasquirt going in the boost forum. I know a few people like to follow my progress and aren't in there so I'm taking it over here. From now until the end, this will be my thread for the build.

New things to look forward to:

Much bigger turbo @20-25psi
Twin HKS ssqv blow-off valves
40mm HKS wastegate
Custom turbo header
3" downpipe coming out the passenger side of the front bumper
Megasquirt - full fuel and ignition control
Full custom wiring harness throughout the entire car
Gutted doors
Fiberglass trunk lid
Custom fiberglass 5" cowl hood
Gutted interior (not even a convertible top)
Roll cage
Much more......

The current state - the engine is totally stripped down. The power steering, windshield wipers, cruise control, blower motor, a/c and all other accessories have been removed... actually the only accessory I am keeping is one that most 2nd gens don't even have.... tilt steering b*tches!!!!
Anyway, here are the most recent pictures:

Isn't it pretty without the firewall clutter!?

Cardomain|Myspace

Re: Official ~<( S I N B I R D )>~ thread
Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:02 AM
looks cute sorta LOL its tiny in that engine bay but good work man cant wait to see her done.....

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:00 AM

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:23 AM
Awwwww a cute baby engine !!!!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:51 AM
your starter is ont he back of the motor???? that sucks ass

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:16 AM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:your starter is ont he back of the motor???? that sucks ass

why?

Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:54 AM
because looking at the pic that means you have to undont he intake manifold just to get to it

I prefer the 60 degree V6 setup just unbolt from the bottom of the engine

Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:57 AM
This is bull@!#$, you alreay had a thread going that I was following you didn't even post vids of it when it was done and now I gotta wait again???

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:04 AM
Machzel08 wrote:
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:your starter is ont he back of the motor???? that sucks ass

why?

because a 5 minute starter job turns into a 5-10 hour job.

i had to do it. god dammit.

-Borsty
Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:11 AM
Sweet, I love this car! Just imagine that little engine putting down 300+! Chea! haha

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:28 AM
i never knew how small that motor is! keep us updated on the progress

Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:55 PM
You get the starter from the bottom. The auto trans was a pig but it was still doable.. only two bolts hold it on. With the manual tranny.... the starter takes 2 minutes.... as opposed to maybe 10.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:14 PM
i had to unbolt my @!#$ty ass old intake manfiold off to get mine out and half my accessory system it take forever

then my cocksucker dad didnt put the idler pulley bolt back in and it came out on my way to school the next day.

-Borsty
Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:39 PM
seriously... coulda just gone under the car. I did the starter in an auto...... there is MUCH more room with a manual though.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:46 PM
idk i couldnt get anything on it underneath, did you have a lift? or no?

-Borsty
Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:37 PM
why not put power steering back on or the wipers
its not like the wipers put any strain on the motor
plan on trailering it everywhere?

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:48 PM
Predator wrote:This is bull@!#$, you alreay had a thread going that I was following you didn't even post vids of it when it was done and now I gotta wait again???

I will post a video worth your while when it is done this time. Should be an easy 10 second car driving around on the street.

Borsty wrote:idk i couldnt get anything on it underneath, did you have a lift? or no?

I just used jack stands and a creeper. Worked well... There is a tranny mount on the back of the motor on the auto that isn't on the manual that you can take out for more space but I didn't need to.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:54 PM
Power steering does put a strain on the motor and ads a little weight, but the biggest issue was the size and palcement of the pump in the engine bay. It gets in the way pretty badly and makes the whole serpentine assembly more complicated than it has to be.
Windshield wipers.... I removed the whoel convertible top system so it wont see the rain anymore anyway. The only thing above me now is going to be a roll cage. The car is kept in a garage and will only come out on bright, sunny days. I will trailor it if I want to go far away with it.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:07 PM
Everything looks really great so far but explain how this is a sleeper of any kind other then the sense that it has been sleeping in the garage for a while?

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:18 PM
yea... i dont see how a roll cage is sleeper... or the sound... or... yea

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Friday, June 23, 2006 1:11 AM
looks killer. just 1 question

Quote:

why 2? any reason? just curious

Friday, June 23, 2006 4:11 AM
John H [Cavalierkid wrote:]looks killer. just 1 question

Quote:

why 2? any reason? just curious

The answer to that one is pretty simple. I got the second one for free and 15+ PSI doesn't sound very good with just one. WIth two, 20+ sounds increadible on single-turbo supras and skylines so I figure it can't be tooooo far off with my little POS sunbird.

o4Black Fire wrote:Everything looks really great so far but explain how this is a sleeper of any kind other then the sense that it has been sleeping in the garage for a while?

I made that sig back in September before I blew the motor. It was a sleeper back then. Now it is a full-out race car that will be piloted on the streets.

Today's progress:

Almost all of the factory wiring has been removed from the car now. The dash, HVAC unit and EVERYTHING inbetween has been thrown int the trash. I'm starting to have fun.... Notice also a suprised guest appearance from Recaro racing buckets! They are sitting in there right now but tomorrow the rest of the interior will be out, including the carpet, so I will be able to weld in brackets for them and make a cross-bar to bolt the harnesses to.

In case anybody is wondering, the factory dash is not going back in. I am going to make a very simple fiberglass dash to hold all of my gauges, but it will have no underbody. It is just going to sit on steel brackets welded to the firewall. After I gut the doors I will be making very simple door panels as well. Both the dash and the door panels are going to be covered in black suede. The new carpet will be black as well. There will be no tan.

Cardomain|Myspace

Friday, June 23, 2006 6:51 AM
About time you give some loving to this badass project instead of the VW.

Friday, June 23, 2006 8:53 AM
if its a full out race car now than take out passenger and rear seats. you only need one seat on a racecar.

Friday, June 23, 2006 10:20 AM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:if its a full out race car now than take out passenger and rear seats. you only need one seat on a racecar.

not if you want head while racing

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search