Got my AGX/pro kit. Is this all I need? - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got my AGX/pro kit. Is this all I need?
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:09 PM
here's what I got waiting to be installed. Is this all I need to get them installed? (I know nothing about suspension installation). All I know is extra nuts/bolts were supposed to be included, so I took pics of what came in the box. Thanks for the help.

Will a professional be able to install this no problem now? I have 17x7" wheels on 225/45 rubber if that matters as well. Thanks JBO!

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.

Re: Got my AGX/pro kit. Is this all I need?
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:10 PM
oh and I have the full AGX set ready to go, just not pictured

-----------
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:18 PM
Honestly.. you could so it yourself and save sooo much money. Or hell drive her to NY and i'll do it for $75 and a case of Heineken.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:39 PM
dude you suck, I wish my agx's came with a washer. I did mine myself in about 41/2 hrs.
pretty easy.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:06 PM
So that's all that's needed then? I'm just being extra careful. The mounts and all that will be fine?

-----------
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:11 PM
I would replace them, being an 05 you might be alright, if you do, ones froma 95-99 are said to be a better design.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:58 PM
lhnetman wrote:dude you suck, I wish my agx's came with a washer. I did mine myself in about 41/2 hrs.
pretty easy.

41/2 hrs dam your slow lol

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:41 AM
Do you need a spring compressor to do a full suspension job like that?

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:52 AM
I just had a buddy of mine install that same combo, took him 2 1/2 hours roughly and it is a great setup in my opinion

J H wrote:Do you need a spring compressor to do a full suspension job like that?

Yes you will need a spring compressor to install the springs on the struts.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:25 PM
Thanks for the input. Is anyone running the Pro Kit/AGX's on 225/45/17's with a 40 offset?

-----------
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:58 PM
give me a break my lug key broke and spent 1 1/2 trying to find another one.lol

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:33 PM
yeah i installed my struts and coils in 2 hours flat, AND i was fooling round half the time with my buddies. save some money and do it yourself, plus the experience is good to have.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:27 PM
I can do J-body suspension all the way around putting new springs on stock struts in about an hour. New struts should make it even less time.

Do it yourself......
There are three bolts on each strut mount at the top. The fronts are 13mm. In the rear there is one nut on each side that you have to get from inside the trunk. those are 13mm. The other two bolts you get from the wheel well upside-down. They are 10mm.
In the front there are two large bolts (19mm I believe) at the bottom of each strut. There is only one on each in teh rear. If you do the rears at the same time the twist beam will fall down. Keep a jack under it.
To take the strut mounts off of the stuts, hit the top bolt with an impact gun. They will come apart quickly and it may startle you, but it is nothing that would make a spring compressor absolutely necessary. You wont need one to put the strut mounts onto the new struts either. The new springs will be short enough that you don't need to compressor them to get the screw on. Tighten it again with an impact gun. Reinstall everything. Nothing has moved so you shouldn't need an aligment but if it starts to pull to one side, get one anyway.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:32 PM
You can take the front spring/strut assembly apart on a cavy without a compressor?? And if anyone has the eibach/agx combo, how does it ride, how do you like it?
Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:06 PM
any pic of it installed?

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:44 PM
lhnetman wrote:any pic of it installed?

If you're asking me, not yet! My clutch (slave cylinder leak) went out last night, so it's getting fixed and will be ready by Monday. Tuesday I'm going to get the springs & struts on. We have a similar combo. Black Cav/Black wheels for you and Black Sunfire/Guntmetal for me.

-----------
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search