New sub enclosure... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New sub enclosure...
Sunday, June 18, 2006 4:50 PM
I just got done (well, almost, but I'll explain that after the pics) with my subwoofer box install and I wanted to throw some pics up for the JBO to see. I designed, built, and wrapped this thing with some help from my dad (it is Father's Day, have to give him his props). He's the engineer/woodworker so he's awesome when it comes to measurements and figuring things out for me when I get stuck.

It's wrapped in carbon fiber look vinyl that i got from Your Auto Trim Store. It's called stop light red.

Anyway, on to the pics (all 3 are of the same thing, just a little different angles):

I know in the pics you can see wood where the trunk arm cut outs are (this is the almost i referred to above), but I am going to use aluminum angle which I will polish (since I do that now too) and install that around the edges. That way you will not see the wood anymore and it will kind of have a contrasting look around those edges.

Thanks for looking---comments welcome.

Re: New sub enclosure...
Sunday, June 18, 2006 4:58 PM
nice job. looks awesome

Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:07 PM
looks good, put a 2x4 or something under the spare tire cover, that way it meets flush with the enclosure. niiiiice work man.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:08 PM
its clean but maybe too plain all that space for 1 sub seems kind of a waste to me

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:26 PM
Brian Anderson {1999-Z24-4spd} wrote:looks good, put a 2x4 or something under the spare tire cover, that way it meets flush with the enclosure. niiiiice work man.

Or I could put my spare back in---haha!.

And CodeRedZ24---I know it's a little different for 1 sub, but 1 was all I wanted. Plus this was the easiest way for me to hide all the wires and the amps and still have a clean look.

Thanks for the comments thus far.

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:50 PM
looks awesome mike as it did in person! Maybe have to call you up if i come up with some sort of thing to do in my trunk! looking nice tho

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:26 AM
Nice job!

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:33 AM
Clean, but maybe you should have built a false fllor for the spare tire cover. It dips in a bit to much. Also, I think you need either two subs or one big sub and an amp in front to compliment the set-up. Good job though!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:55 AM
i like it

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:59 AM
what would it take to get a template of that panel? Not that great at measuring around all those things. I like the the fit of the panel.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:25 AM
down with it!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:40 AM
Looks like mine only sub faces the other way..

As seen via this shltty pic:

Only that was taken be fore it was done. Now it's srewed down and there is no gap in the wall and the plastic on the car.
And when you open my trunk there just a wall with carpet on it,( just like yours) and it takes up less room and it's held on by velcro so i can remove the wall and get at the amp real easy.

But My amp is allways over heating, and it takes up a lotta space so.. it might be getting chandged soon.

Are you having any amp problems? or do I just have a @!#$ty one..?

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:07 AM
what kind of material is that on the wood? that doesent look shiny enough to be painted fiberglass...is that fabric or carpet or something? nice work tho!! metal trim will make that thing look pretty sharp.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:03 PM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:Clean, but maybe you should have built a false fllor for the spare tire cover. It dips in a bit to much. Also, I think you need either two subs or one big sub and an amp in front to compliment the set-up. Good job though!

As I said above, I think I am going to try to put my spare back in and see if that helps the sag. If I don't do that, I am going to use a sturdier piece of wood underneath (maybe a piece of ply wood) and see if I can get it to hold it up that way. As far as filling up the rest of the panel---I'm not sure if I will do anything with that or not. If my amps were the same brand, I would put them on the front, but they are not.

lhnetman wrote:what would it take to get a template of that panel? Not that great at measuring around all those things. I like the the fit of the panel.

I'll see what I can do as far as a template for that. I'll e-mail you the step by step on how we did it though also. It was actually easy---we used a technique my dad learned through wood working.

J,wRight wrote:But My amp is allways over heating, and it takes up a lotta space so.. it might be getting chandged soon.
Are you having any amp problems? or do I just have a @!#$ty one..?

I am not having any problems with either one of my amps. My 4-channel amp is mounted to the back seat and the sub woofer amp is mounted on top of the box (right behind the wall). I do have a small space at the top of the wall that allows air to get in there. I am also running everything at 4 ohms, which I imagine helps a bit.
I think I have a 12V cooling fan laying around if you are interested though (e-mail me for that).

lundis wrote:what kind of material is that on the wood? that doesent look shiny enough to be painted fiberglass...is that fabric or carpet or something? nice work tho!! metal trim will make that thing look pretty sharp.

That material is carbon fiber look vinyl which you can find here.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Nice to see my hard work get some recognition.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:15 PM
Looks nice, good job on the work

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:30 AM
thats how it is in my cav I love that set up alot heres mine
I still need to get a different amp. this was a temp. amp until I find the one I had in there exactly before.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search