Went to the dyno today and got some results... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Went to the dyno today and got some results...
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:57 PM
Well i had a very interesting day at the dyno... First of all i went to Monkey Wrench Racing, which seems to be a pretty decent shop. But one of the workers there who set up my car was kind of an A** Hole and endend up tourqing my lug nut to much and twisting it when i was done and breaking it off, but anyway, i did about 6 pulls which were all different. And seen some pretty decent results. I only got print outs of 2 of the more decent ones tho... I was having problems with my ECU fighting the A/F numbers and wanting to keep it around 14.5-14.7 till around 4500RPM then drops down to 11.2 A/F which is to rich. I know i should go with HPT or Gm reflash to fix this problem, but im gonna swap in a 02 computer since it dosn't seem to fight the A/F as much and see what happens, just to start with and see what happens, and i was running real rich up top, so i know there is room for more power and improvment... But here are the Graphs

1st one i was hitting about 12psi... A lil problems thruout the powerband with it wanting to have a slight knock at this PSI...
Max Hp- 233.4
Max TQ- 249.7

2nd one was hitting about 9-10psi... Not so much problems and ran much smoother thruout the power band at this psi
Max HP- 222.2
Max TQ- 228.73

All comments welcome!!!

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!

Re: Went to the dyno today and got some results...
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:02 PM
nice numbers...i wish my print out looked like that but its all messed up because you coud see my trans down shift at some point........i thought for sure you would of at least been closer to 240 being a 5 speed.........

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:10 PM
Good numbers, Nice to see you went to the same place... makes for decent comparison

I need to go back sometime as well. Which person there did you have an issue with? I hope it's not Matt...

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:21 PM
philio: I think those numbers are pretty decent... it would have been nice to see higher numbers tho!!

Airtonics: Thanks, i was happy with the numbers. What kind of numbers were you putting down? It wasn't matt, he was really nice, he did the dyno pulling for me and gave me a free pop!!lol!!! It was one of the younger guys there he had working, and thanks to him i had to replace my stud... He put the lug on crooked and tqed it where it wouldnt tighten any more and snapped it... Im going back friday, to talk to matt, hes getting me the 02 ECU. But im gonna take the lug and stud and show him what his worker did... Great place otherwise...!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:29 PM
nice work! great #'s man. i wanna go for a ride....

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:32 PM
great numbers man

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:32 PM
I'm sure Matt will make things right, we had one issue but he resolved as well as he could have.

Last time I dynoed there was right after I did the s/c with no other mods. Put down 218hp and 202 tq While I was there someone with the hahn kit had the same issue. The eco wanted to back the fuel off as well. I think with 13psi he was putting down 240'ish hp can't recall.

I've made a lot of changes since the last pull, I do need to make a return sometime this summer. I'll wait till I'm confident I can hit my magic 300 number

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:52 AM
Airtonics: 218 hp isn't bad for when you just put the charger on, it think that is pretty good. When i go back and tell matt about the lug n' stud, im no gonna be mean about it im just gonna tell him. There isn't much he could do about it.

Anyway, the person you went with that was having the fuel issuse, do you know what he did to fix the problem? Also, whenever you decide to hit the dyno this summer, ill wouldn't mind going back with ya. Im sure ill have a few more things on the car. lol...

Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:02 AM
awesome!!

Thursday, June 01, 2006 3:27 PM
Nice numbers there man...keep up the good work. I should be hitting the dyno here soon to.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:33 PM
great numbers dude!!!

Portage, MI

Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:41 PM
Thanks Everyone...

Those were the numbers i was looking for, and im happy with them. But from seeing the dyno graphs of othar parameters, there is room for more power... Like i mentioned before, i was having problems with the A/F #'s up until 4800RPM range where the ECU quit fighting the fuel. And went PIG RICH, like a 10.2. Which made me loose power in the top end. But im looking into getting that fixed...

Friday, June 02, 2006 4:31 AM
ruen (Ryan Bauman) wrote:great numbers dude!!!

X2

ECOTEC now with Maximum Bolt-Ons!!
Friday, June 02, 2006 5:18 AM
Very nice man,, I loved your car at the JBOM bbq, couldnt stop lookin at it hehe..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, June 02, 2006 6:11 AM
WhiteCavy: Thank you, i appreciate the comment. You car looked real good to, i like the chrome you have under the hood... Looks real sharp!!

Friday, June 02, 2006 10:22 AM
MetallicCavy (EcoEnvy) wrote:WhiteCavy: Thank you, i appreciate the comment. You car looked real good to, i like the chrome you have under the hood... Looks real sharp!!

Thanks man, yea hopefully my 2.4 motor will look just as good. Anyway I hope you get bigger numbers here soon with the car.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search