A few more things, completed... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A few more things, completed...
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:57 PM
I've been able to really tear into my car now that summer is here and college is ova... Woo hoo!! So onto the pics..

Before pics... Car wasn't even touched at this point in time, the front bumper of the body kit..

Swapped out the stock hood for a little C/F....

Then decided to get really productive one day, remove the front bumper and fenders..

Earlier last week someone threw up his Control arm bushing install, and i then remember i had a set of those layin around in my basement, so I tore out the control arms..I will be installing the bushings and new lower ball joints thursday night..

Then today, I drilled the holes for the pins and installed those so my hood pins would actually be functional... lol
Also installed the 2000+ Headlight bracket i had to order from the dealership, Did all my wire splicing in like 30 min and now I have a 2000+ headlight conversion... woot woot!

The headlights are not fully bolted down, the damn crush guard under the headlights is messing up them properly fitting into the bracket for the headlights on both sides, So I guess I need to round up a Sawz-all and have my way with the damn crush guard.... ha ha ha... At the rate I am going, I will have this project done in no time at all...

... Stay tuned for updates...

Re: A few more things, completed...
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:20 PM
Nice work. Looking good so far.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:22 PM
looks awesome
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:35 PM
Coming along nicely man

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:16 PM
i'd hit it!

gonna look amazing.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 2:52 AM
lookin good, just get some HIDs in there! where did you find that control arm bushing install too? i want to take a look at it before I order mine. what else is on your agenda for the car? lookin good.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:08 AM
how the hell did the wiring only take you 30 mins? It took me like 3 weeks and my headlights STILL dont work right!! How did u do it??

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:38 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I still have to re-install my carbon fiber fenders, control arms with new bushings and ball joints which the new ones are stiff as @!#$ and i can't even move them by hand compared to the old ones which are like jelly, cut the hell out of the crush guard, install the type -j kit, and import fighter side skirts, Pacesetter header, full exhaust, new brakes...

Steve I responded back to your IM, but not sure if you got it since my AIm crashed right during it... but here is the diagram i used..

It couldn't be any easier than that... and thats why it only took my 30 min to do, but like hours of research to make sure i had everything correct.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:50 AM
NICE WORK AND NICE DIAGRAM AS WELL....................

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:34 PM

Pounded out this sucker tonight at the RDFABS shop... Installed the new bushings thanks to the shops 20 ton press and drill press to drill the riviots out of the old ball joints.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:37 PM
looking good, but PLEASE MAKE SURE your headlights are lined up with the fenders, hood and bumper before you say your finished.

Keep us updated.

My Myspace Page

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:49 PM
very nice work

i'm baaaaack!!
Friday, May 26, 2006 1:46 AM
You the man, man.

Cardomain|Myspace

Friday, May 26, 2006 12:58 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:looking good, but PLEASE MAKE SURE your headlights are lined up with the fenders, hood and bumper before you say your finished.

Keep us updated.

Oh i have every intention of making this look perfect before i button her all back up securely, i'm just wondering about the side skirts and whether or not i should install them before paint... Any ideas?

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:29 PM
Type-J skirts? Install after the paint, otherwise it wont get painted underneath where the skirts go up on the panel and where the moulding is

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:31 PM
^^ its a sedan, type j wont work

atleast i think its a sedan.. lol...

Looks Good.. what struts are those?

15.1@90.34mph
Friday, May 26, 2006 11:06 PM
good point, didnt even think of that - i just saw the bumper and assumed

Friday, May 26, 2006 11:42 PM
I"m pretty sure he got sent the Type J skirts as a mistake and is wating for the IF ones.

Thats what he said last post.

I REMEMBER FTW!!

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:17 AM
where did you get your carbon fiber fenders at??????

and do you have any pics of them!?

Kardain wrote:Tonite on Fox:
When X's attack

Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:59 AM
hey car looks nice! got a question ... how much was the bracket for the headlights?

Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:33 AM
Everyone, I have the Import Fighter 4 dr side skirts and the type J side skirts in my basement. Karo messed up on the shipment and corrected it to get me the right side skirts but now were trying to find a buyer for the type j's.

Rawkfist.- I paid $61 even after tax here in NY. They are alot cheaper on gmpartsdirect.com. I put the part #'s in the sticky under the exterrior forum.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:58 PM
downforce cavalier wrote:where did you get your carbon fiber fenders at??????

and do you have any pics of them!?

Kardain wrote:Tonite on Fox:
When X's attack

Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:45 PM

Yes i do realize they have the 95-99 bracket on them, It will be comming off. Also the bottom picture is before they recieved alot of TLC to bring them back to life. I bought them used off an .org member along with the hood. They are made by Aerogear/Wayson USA.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 3:02 AM
Dude, Cody........ My man........ You work waaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow.
I've been waiting months to see all of that stuff installed on your car. No excuses!

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, May 28, 2006 7:42 AM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:Dude, Cody........ My man........ You work waaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow.
I've been waiting months to see all of that stuff installed on your car. No excuses!

Ha Ha.... My mom has been hounding me to get other things done in my house now that college is over for the semister. She owned me into putting a ceramic tile floor in our kitchen, so thats taken up this past end part of the week. So its been a struggle with her and my car. I finally got ahold of a sawzall from the shop so now i can kill the crush guard this week and start throwing everything back together. I'm just waiting now for the paint i put on the control arms to dry so i can reinstall those and be on my way....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search