My new valve cover... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new valve cover...
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:01 PM
Well, after many hours of wetsanding, polishing and tearing my hair out I believe I have finally reached a stopping point. I didn't even bother with the middle, it's gonna be covered by the IDI cover anyway. I didn't bother myself too much with the back side flange either. Picture does not do it justice, it's very "blingy", for lack of a better word. Comments welcome.

Re: My new valve cover...
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:03 PM
pics on the car ? it looks black did u paint it?

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:18 PM
HE HE, black. No the room I took the picture in was dark, it's very shiny and it reflects everything. Like I said, the picture does not do it justice.

Here's the engine bay as it sits (seriously, just took it) without the new valve cover.

And this is the car it's going in.

And my list of new toys!!! GRAVANA RULES!!! Now... if it'd all just hurry up and get to Germany.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:47 PM
Very nice valve cover, I just picked up a spare Eco valve cover that I am going to polish myself.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:52 PM
Cavy2Env wrote:Very nice valve cover, I just picked up a spare Eco valve cover that I am going to polish myself.

Hope you're patient. I reccomend using lots of water and starting on a grit as low as 320 (depends on how dirty your valve cover currently is. Mine was almost black when I got it. I also borrowed a friends "Mouse" Electrical sander for the buffing / polishing, worked great!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:38 PM
Nice job on that cover, look s really good...but I'm gonna powercoat mine....

Hours + hours of sanding and scraping...eehhhh..no way.

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:08 PM
looks good .. what did you use for the grooves ?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:58 PM
where there hell do people get spares I cant find one.

Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:08 PM
For sanding inside the grooves... MORE SAND PAPER!! It will start to hurt your fingertips but patience and latex gloves helped out there.

J-Cavi - I will have a spare soon if'n ya wanna buy it from me. The one I have will be super easy to polish as well.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:26 AM
looks gunmetal to me..

Get it on and take a new pic..

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:42 AM
Looks like u need to use a higher grit and use some mothers polish or some flitz on it. This is what it should look like if you go up to 2000 grit and some mothers.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:53 AM
^^ Photoshopped...

Just kidding. Looks great.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:24 AM
Very nice....I had to look, and look, and look..to find me a spare.

Finally found one from Metallic Cavy for $65.00 shipped....awesome guy to work with too!

I'm going the powercoated route thou...and If it dont work...then I'll polish mine until its nice and purty!

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:48 AM
Like I said earlier...awesome!! Glad to see that thing shined up and on the car finally!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:22 PM
i need to get a spare on myself and try this out... i may check what a dealer wnats for one... (thank god i get whole sale prices )

Friday, May 12, 2006 8:53 AM
SLO CAV (the slo one) wrote:i need to get a spare on myself and try this out... i may check what a dealer wnats for one... (thank god i get whole sale prices )

Check eBay...that's what I did and picked one up for $35 shipped!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search