Wash & Waxed + New rotors! 6 pics - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wash & Waxed + New rotors! 6 pics
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:26 PM
Alright, finally got my new drilled and slotted rotors from the Gravanna GP. So a few hours later I have the car washed and waxed, and have the new brakes on. I know I said in the last post that I'd take pictures with my dad's tractor, a JBO first lol, but sadly that could not happen. Anyway, on with the pictures.

Ehh... The rim is a little dirty, but here they are! Lookin spiffy.

And a picture of my sister's cav...

As always, questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome. For the most part I think I may be done with the cavy as far as major mods go. Don't know if I want to spend the money to lower it and whatnot because I'm gonna be moving out soon and I'm sure money will be tight.

So far, the future mods may include the 'Big 3' electrical system upgrade, and maybe some clear turn signal lights with the euro bulbs in them. THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Re: Wash & Waxed + New rotors! 6 pics
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:37 PM
looks good to me

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:14 PM
I would suggest painting your calipers, when I put my drilled and slotted on i painted my calipers black looks alot better against that zinc plate rotor than that rusty caliper does. but looks good otherwise.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:36 PM
does your sis want to buy a 2000 z4 front bumper.....it dont got the lip but pm me ill sell it dirt cheap haha....70 bucks and its urs...but yea i like your car and always have had a thing for 4 door sillver cavs.....looks good

Thanx Charles
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:40 AM
Looks good, tell your sis to throw some wheels and a drop on it. I need new rotors

-Brandon

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:41 AM
Nice.. till they go all rusty... I painted mine silver with high temp paint. they look mint.. same style as those.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:00 AM
they look great, but i think theyre on backwards lol

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:22 AM
Tom DiGrazia wrote:they look great, but i think theyre on backwards lol

Hah, actually they label them as L and R, and I put them on the right sides

Don't think my sister has any plans for modding her car ATM, lol. I installed my old sound system in her car. She also has the LS sport rims that came with the car she just needs tires for them. It's a good lookin cav when it's all cleaned up. :-)

Thanks for the comments guys, I definately plan on painting the calipers either black, red, or body color. I'll eventually paint the rear drums a shiny black.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:04 AM
STYLEZ24 wrote:Nice.. till they go all rusty... I painted mine silver with high temp paint. they look mint.. same style as those.

wont the pads scrape all the paint off the rotor?

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:28 AM
you should polish them like someone on here did i dont remember who it was but there car caught fire ( if that helps anyone remmeber that name ) nice ride u should lower it some and get a exaust

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:09 AM
young_Z95 wrote:you should polish them like someone on here did i dont remember who it was but there car caught fire ( if that helps anyone remmeber that name ) nice ride u should lower it some and get a exaust

I think you're referring to Bomex. And I will probably put on an exhaust tip just for looks, as I'm not gonna waste my time putting a bunch of performance parts on a wee little 2200

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:11 AM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:
STYLEZ24 wrote:Nice.. till they go all rusty... I painted mine silver with high temp paint. they look mint.. same style as those.

ya i would think so too, but if your rotors are zinc plated you should not need to paint them, they should not rust.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:33 AM
They look great and you have a nice Cavi, but are you sure you put the rotors on right? Even though the sides are labeled Left and Right, it all depends which way you're facing the car.

Here's a quick example, although its not a J:

Blown.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:12 PM
I need your sisters cav...... looks just like my woman's old cav....... just in better shape.

I need your front bumper for my cav..... take a drive and I'll trade you my Z bumper with lip for your's..... (mine just has the fog lights cut out )

Looks good either way, I also think the rotors are switched around....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:28 PM
chev_cav04 wrote:
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:

ya i would think so too, but if your rotors are zinc plated you should not need to paint them, they should not rust.

IF they are plated, no you wouldnt have to paint them.

Mine werent plated. This is the second set I have painted. It makes a world of a difference.

Yes the part where the pad scrapes comes off..and it stays shiney from use. but the hub area, and outer edges of the rotor stay silver instead of rusting away. not to mention the fins stay silver as well.

I'll show you some pics of what mine look like.

I did 3 coats of primer and 2 coats of high temp paint.. they look sweet.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:25 PM
ya when their spinning they should beslapping the ground, not poking it...if that makes any sense......

you know drivers side is the left side and passenger is the right side, its not like when your looking at the car head on

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:34 PM
I'll have to take a look at it when I get home tonight and double check the paper. I might have yet another weekend of working on brakes ahead.

SpeedracerZ - I might actually consider that, lol. I've been tossing around the idea of getting the LS lip kit, and if I don't have to paint it, all the better!

Stylez24- I'd love to see those pictures, maybe if I gotta pull these damn things off to switch them around I'll do that while I'm at it.

Thanks for all the comments guys, they're appreciated.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:30 PM
Is the ammonia in that tank behind the silver cav...Better watch it like a hawk!

Car is coming together nicely..out there on green acres.

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:41 PM
Hey guys, I looked at the instructions included in the baer box, and sure enough I have them on correctly! According to the picture, they are supposed to be this way. Perhaps it's a mis-print by baer? Or maybe this is actually how they're supposed to go on. Ah, I don't know.

Silver- Hah, no actually that's a big water tank. We use it to haul water from the water plant to our pool to fill it up every summer.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:04 PM
they look great.. i think ima buy them if its still runnin

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:08 PM
well painting the rotor where the pad contacts doesnt matter
because that part doesnt rust
the other parts do
so you just paint it all and it will get rid of the paint on the rotor where the pad contacts
but the rest will stay painted

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:41 PM
umm, i think you guys got it wrong, when he said you should paint them, i think he was talking about the calipers..................

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:24 PM
you just paint both the rotor and caliper
the rotor doesnt really matter because the contact area will rub the paint off

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:27 AM
themarin8r wrote:well painting the rotor where the pad contacts doesnt matter
because that part doesnt rust
the other parts do
so you just paint it all and it will get rid of the paint on the rotor where the pad contacts
but the rest will stay painted

Exactly!!!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:22 AM
Filip (The Polish Kid) wrote:They look great and you have a nice Cavi, but are you sure you put the rotors on right? Even though the sides are labeled Left and Right, it all depends which way you're facing the car.

Here's a quick example, although its not a J:

I think I know what the problem is here, THAT pic is of the drivers side and the one Random Guy 171 posted is of his passengers side. It would still be the right way. Maybe Random Guy can confirm this by tell what side of the car that pic was taken

03z24

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search