Another lambo'd Cav... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another lambo'd Cav...
Monday, May 01, 2006 10:01 AM
Well, I sold my hinges a week ago now. But I did install hinges (not my old ones FYI) on another Cav this weekend, I'll let the owner reveal themselves (for those that don't recognize him, anyway)

Also, I now respect those people that have done coupe installs I did my sedan by myself, in about 3 hours the first time, and less than 2 the second time (removed them for the winter). But coupes are definetly a lot more difficult to line up since the door gets pushed so far back on them. I did know ahead of time about the door getting pushed back since there are a few lambo'd coupes around here, but I didn't know how difficult it was to get it lined up well enough to close all the way. These pics are from day 1 (Saturday) and I went back yesterday to finish lining them up enough to actually close fully & have 0 sag.

On with the pics... I don't know why ImageShack isn't displaying several of them in thumbnail form, they are all the same damn size.

< I received the first injury - also the most serious
< John doin' some work
< John & Dave removing the driver fender
< One door done (or so we thought - we later had to do a lil more adjusting, mostly sag related tho)

And then on the driver door, we had serious problems

The owner still needs to extend the wires, we just dis-connected them inside the doors for the purposes of getting the hinges on the car. Afterwards, we hooked the connectors back up after pulling out all the slack that we could get (in door and in car) and the doors actually open w/o extending the wires

Also, the doors are lined up well enough that he can drive the car now, but it's not perfect yet. The doors need to be slammed fairly hard to fully latch, and rear edge gap is minimal. However, it is far better than Saturday night where it could only be closed one click, with the bottom edge over-lapping the quarter. I forgot my cam yesterday, so I don't have any pics from then.

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1105 MILES, $7500 OBO

Re: Another lambo'd Cav...
Monday, May 01, 2006 11:08 AM
cool

but not all the pics work

Monday, May 01, 2006 11:11 AM
^ You try clicking on all them?? They worked for me. For some reason ImageShack is not displaying thumbnails for 1/2 of them They're all the same size tho. Usually IS only does that for real small pics.

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:46 PM
ya lining em up= a pain in the ass, but arent there adjustment u can make to em after there on the car?? i noticed some things on mine that looked like u could adjust em with but i never tried cuz mine line up to where im satisfied

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:50 PM
Hmm... Didn't anyone tell you guys that it is easier to keep the doors on the car while you do that? You keep the door closed and just take off the hinge and put the new ones on.

Monday, May 01, 2006 8:09 PM
Tom DiGrazia wrote:ya lining em up= a pain in the ass, but arent there adjustment u can make to em after there on the car?? i noticed some things on mine that looked like u could adjust em with but i never tried cuz mine line up to where im satisfied

You're thinking of the screws that affect how far they open and the sag. Those do nothing for when you close the door.

TRD Cav Fire wrote:Hmm... Didn't anyone tell you guys that it is easier to keep the doors on the car while you do that? You keep the door closed and just take off the hinge and put the new ones on.

When I did mine, I completely removed the doors from the car b/c I found that to be easiest (being alone and all). We did the same on this one the first two times (once per each door), and then I tried the on-the-car method for the driver door - which was horribly aligned in pics - the second time b/c we only had two guys on Sunday. That method lined it up better, but the bottom end of the lambo bracket wouldn't line up on the car mount. I tried to wack it into place, and well, now the bolt that used to stick out is somewhere else... lol. We did manage to get it to the point where the doors close w/o overlapping the fenders, but they still need to be slammed shut. On most, you just hip-check it a little, and it'll close ... not these tho. I told the owner that his car doesn't like lambo's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search