Happy Birthday to me (new mufflers)! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Happy Birthday to me (new mufflers)!
Friday, April 28, 2006 4:51 PM
I got to the point where I was so sick and tired of having to look at my huge, ugly "fart cans" every time I went to get in my car that I decided I needed some new mufflers... fast. I decided I wanted something that looked more factory, but would still stand out a bit. I ended up getting dual universal Magnaflow stainless steel 5"x8"x14" oval bodied mufflers with 2.25" inlets and dual 3" round tips (#14815) on eBay. The "Buy It Now" price was $152.xx with free shipping and the "Best Offer" feature. I ended up paying $135.00 a piece for them and I got them in just three days! Not bad at all!

I absolutely love them! I have not seen many J-Bodies with a quad tip exhaust and those that do have a quad tip exhaust tend to have the same kind of mufflers with the up-turned tips which I am not fond of. I am so happy I went with these mufflers. I think they flow perfectly with the rest of the car.

Feel free to leave any questions, comments, concerns, etc.

*Yes, the passenger side muffler sits a little higher than the driver's side. That will be taken care of tomorrow .*

Re: Happy Birthday to me (new mufflers)!
Friday, April 28, 2006 4:57 PM
i like. very nice.

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:01 PM
you know how i feel about them already

but the eal question is , "DO THEY SOUND ANY BETTER THAN THE FART CANNONS" ?

not sure if its the angle , but they both look kinda low

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:15 PM
Looks AWESOME, and vaguely familiar lol. We have similar taste in sunfires, nice and clean, keep it up

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:22 PM
Looks good, far cry better than the old ones (no offense). I bet they sound good too, i believe they are the same size as the ones that came with my Magnaflow Catback.

Friday, April 28, 2006 6:01 PM
twiztedcav05 wrote:i like. very nice.

Thanks! I appreciate it !

97cavie24ls wrote:you know how i feel about them already

but the eal question is , "DO THEY SOUND ANY BETTER THAN THE FART CANNONS" ?

not sure if its the angle , but they both look kinda low

Yeah, yeah, yeah !

They sound somewhat better than the "fart cans", but I will still be adding an 18" Magnaflow resonator.

It must be the angle because I can barely fit my hand between the top of the passenger side muffler and the underside of the bumper.

Laffs99GT wrote:Looks AWESOME, and vaguely familiar lol. We have similar taste in sunfires, nice and clean, keep it up

Thank you very much! I really appreciate, especially coming from someone like you who I respect so much. We definitely have the same taste... great taste !

Ender_Wiggin wrote:Looks good, far cry better than the old ones (no offense). I bet they sound good too, i believe they are the same size as the ones that came with my Magnaflow Catback.

Thanks! I totally agree with you so no offense taken .

Friday, April 28, 2006 7:03 PM
Those look good man. Nice choice

Friday, April 28, 2006 8:01 PM
not going to say anything bout that^

very nice girland happy birthday

Friday, April 28, 2006 8:04 PM
STYLEZ24 wrote:Those look good man. Nice choice

Thanks, but I'm a girl .

Emok wrote:not going to say anything bout that ^

very nice girl and happy birthday

Thank you and thank you !

Friday, April 28, 2006 8:32 PM
whats with the ????

and happy b-day

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:38 PM
97cavie24ls wrote:whats with the ????

and happy b-day

The is because you not liking my new mufflers is .

Thank you very much for the Happy Birthday kind sir .

Friday, April 28, 2006 11:02 PM
sweet, they do look pretty good in there man, nice pick up

happy b day

Saturday, April 29, 2006 6:45 AM
Lookin pretty good

2001 cavalier http://www.cardomain.com/ride/835752

Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:02 AM
IDK...looks like a$$ to me...

J/K....I like them lots!!! Goes really well with the rest of the car like you said...much better than what you had I think!! Get a sound clip if you can and let's hear them bad boys!

Happy B-day too!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:04 AM
I love your car... very very clean, those just made it 100x better.

But IMO, it needs window tint... But since I have 5% Im partial to window tint

Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:11 AM
dirty elf wrote:sweet, they do look pretty good in there man, nice pick up

happy b day

Thank you! By the way... I'M A GIRL DAMN IT !!! Doesn't anyone look at my profile ?

01whitecav wrote:Lookin pretty good

Thanks !

BlueDeuce (dnt02cavls)[/quote wrote:IDK...looks like a$$ to me...

J/K....I like them lots!!! Goes really well with the rest of the car like you said...much better than what you had I think!! Get a sound clip if you can and let's hear them bad boys!

Happy B-day too!

Ha! Smart a$$ ! Yeah, I couldn't be happier that I decided to go with a quad tip exhaust. I was a little freaked out when I opened the boxes though because the tips looked huge, but now that they're on the car I think the size of the tips is just right (3"). I am SO glad I decided to get rid of those damn fart cans. I don't know what I was thinking. Oh well, live and learn.

I won't be able to get a sound clip because my computer sucks and I have no way to record one . The car sounds like a typical "rice burner" for now but soon I will be getting an 18" Magnaflow resonator installed, so hopefully after the resonator is on it will sound much better.

Thanks for the birthday wishes !

Hor wrote:I love your car... very very clean, those just made it 100x better.

But IMO, it needs window tint... But since I have 5% Im partial to window tint

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Clean is exactly what I am going for. These mufflers were the last thing on the car that was spoiling the cleanliness of it, so I'm glad they're gone. Good riddance!

I really don't consider myself a fan of tint, but lately I have actually been contemplating some. If I do it would only be the back three windows and it wouldn't be too dark because I want the cops to continue to leave me alone .

I love your car as well, very clean and subtle... just my style !

Saturday, April 29, 2006 9:06 AM
Looks good, what did you have on before??

-Brandon

Saturday, April 29, 2006 1:05 PM
redecocav wrote:Looks good, what did you have on before??

OEM mufflers and tips:

And then came the Magnaflow dual cat back exhaust from RK Sport:

And finally, the new dual tip mufflers shown in my first post. I <3 dual exhaust !

Saturday, April 29, 2006 1:27 PM
I actually like the old ones

-Brandon

Saturday, April 29, 2006 6:02 PM
Me Likes,...........Vrooom!

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Sunday, April 30, 2006 5:30 AM
redecocav wrote:I actually like the old ones

That's cool. The reason I got the new ones though is that they look more factory and the exterior of the car is going to remain stock. It will be lowered, a Ram Air hood and wheels will be added and the spoiler will be removed, but I won't be adding a body kit or anything major like that. The new mufflers fit in so much better with that stock look I am going for.

SiLvEr StRiPeY 04 wrote:Me Likes,...........Vrooom!

thanks a lot!

Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:01 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:
redecocav wrote:I actually like the old ones

That's cool. The reason I got the new ones though is that they look more factory and the exterior of the car is going to remain stock. It will be lowered, a Ram Air hood and wheels will be added and the spoiler will be removed, but I won't be adding a body kit or anything major like that. The new mufflers fit in so much better with that stock look I am going for.

I agree with the whole stock thing

-Brandon

Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:38 AM
I liked the old dual fart cans too.. but thats just me.. I do understand the stock reason tho. They dont scream for attention but for anyone who notices em there a clean and nice touch. Always liked the amount of pride you've had in ur car esp with the engine bay.. good job i like them better than those ones that angle upward..

Sunday, April 30, 2006 10:11 AM
redecocav wrote:I agree with the whole stock thing

I <3 the stock look .

Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:I liked the old dual fart cans too.. but thats just me.. I do understand the stock reason tho. They dont scream for attention but for anyone who notices em there a clean and nice touch. Always liked the amount of pride you've had in ur car esp with the engine bay.. good job i like them better than those ones that angle upward..

Yeah, I am really glad I went with them because a lot people would probably just assume that they came on the car and that's what I want is a truly stock look and feel. Thanks so much for the kind words.

If I have anything, it is definitely pride for the whole car. It's my baby and that's why I have so much pride in it and why I take such good care of it .

Monday, May 01, 2006 8:40 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:
I really don't consider myself a fan of tint, but lately I have actually been contemplating some. If I do it would only be the back three windows and it wouldn't be too dark because I want the cops to continue to leave me alone .

FYI, there is no legal limit on the back windows in Illinois But, for sake of a clean *stock* look, I'd say do 35% on all windows except windshield. Maybe do the AS1 line up top on the windshield too. 35% would look like the *high-end* stock tint. If I get around to tinting my car, it'll be 35 doors, 15 back window & windshield strip

New exhaust looks much better Still not quite my thing personally, but way better than the buzzbombs

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1105 MILES, $7500 OBO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search