New intake and TB cover - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New intake and TB cover
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:09 PM
well, i am braced for the negative feedback after last round of posting pics. I had a weapon R intake on the car for several months, and even after cutting and hacking the intake to shorten it, it still put a huge dent in my hood. soon i will be getting a new front bumper and fixing my hood and repainting, and i do not want a bump in my hood after the fix. so, this intake is a home brew using the stock airbox and a couple custom couplers.

the TB (throttlebody) cover was made using diamond plate, a theme i am using under the hood that most people hate, but, i like it,lol. anyway, on to the pics:

so, flame on! woohoo!

Re: New intake and TB cover
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:17 PM
pictures are far to blurry on my end i cant even see it

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:17 PM
Hey its unique and all that matters is that you like it. It looks good so far for your diamond plate theme and all. Gives it a nice character. Keep on what your doing.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:19 PM
Interesting. Why the diamond plate, and whats under there?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:08 PM
an electric supercharger from ebay........
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:47 PM
BlackyK wrote:Interesting. Why the diamond plate, and whats under there?

I hope thats a joke. its just peice of medal (im not commenting on if I like it or not, i relly dont know) but what eles would he have under there besides a metal tube???

Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:52 PM
just the throttlebody and the intake tubing. no electric superchargers. sorry for the blurry photos, i resized them down and saved them as jpeg so i wouldnt have to put a 56k warning up.

the diamond plate i just throught would be a unique look, has an industrial feel to it and you never see it on cars. i think it looks good, so i decided to go with it. soon there will be a few other covers and a battery cover made from the diamond plate as well.

the goal of the cover was to draw attention away from the black factory airbox and make it look a bit more trick than a factory airbox with a K&N attached to a tube,lol.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:18 PM
i dont see the point. if you had made a cold air box for the filter that would have been better.

Obsessive Behavior of Columbus - Forums - SIGN UP!
http://obc2.proboards78.com/index.cgi
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:54 PM
Diamond plate theme...Hmmm...original.

Ill give that a thumbs up...

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:28 PM
In the truck/offorad world, diamond plate is everywhere. Too much for my taste anyway. Seems like you're the only one using it in the car circles. Original, cool.

1999 Cavalier RS 2.2 5-speed
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:29 PM
No edit, dang. What kind of break(brake?) did you use to bend it?

1999 Cavalier RS 2.2 5-speed

Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:18 AM
ghetto bend(tm)...there were to many bends to be put in it to use a standard machine, so i had to use a modified shop vise and throw the bends in myself. i used iron plates for pushing down on the piece to get the bends smooth and precise so it looks like they were done by machine

and yeah, no point to the cover other than to look cool. no cold airbox, might put one in someday if i ever get a ram air hood, for now the cover is just to look pretty and hide wires/ugly black plastic.

diamond plate...definatly controversial. dunno, when the cars finished and the theme in the engine bay is complete and people can see it all together i will be able to tell if everyone really hates it

Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:19 AM
you definitly have a claen engine bay, ill give you that

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:57 PM
thats not an intake, its a filter on the airbox...just al ittle info, your getting hardly any air there, atleast up by the strut tower your getting it from the fender....

and the TB cover look too big IMO.. if it was a bit smaller it would look good

Mothers tell your kids that Drift Rear's are UGLY! lol
Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:18 PM
Cool man, keep doin' what you like, it'll pay off. I think its pretty cool, it's not something you see everyday. That's something you kind of need when you are dealing with a car soooo many people are modding.

--------------------------------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search