my first car show of the year 600+ cars there - Photos & Media Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
my first car show of the year 600+ cars there
Sunday, April 09, 2006 1:45 PM
first car show of the year there was around 600 cars of all kind. heres some pics of my car and some other ones i liked at the show.

My cars as tall as the truck! lol you can see my back bumber where i was hit on tuesday

My car then the 3rd cars a cavalier that had projecter headlights i dont know if there from this site or not. then 2 more cars down with the doors up in the air is a friend of mine jamie also from NEjbody.org

Kid i met with a cobalt from cobaltSS.net

I liked how this car looks.

Re: my first car show of the year 600+ cars there
Sunday, April 09, 2006 2:37 PM
looks like it was fun.

i'm baaaaack!!
Sunday, April 09, 2006 2:54 PM
i want that @!#$ elise....mmm that car is pure sex.

Later
David

I need photoshop...cause its time for a new sig
Sunday, April 09, 2006 2:58 PM
i like the Z rims on ur car u should lower it

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Sunday, April 09, 2006 4:51 PM
yea i like the Z rims on my car to they make it look nice. and yup im lowering within the month. im going for a 1.4inch drop.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 5:50 PM
dammit that was at uconn wasnt it
i meant to check when that show was.....

Sunday, April 09, 2006 6:17 PM
Ive had the luxury of riding in one of the prototype Elise models...friend worked there...

I thought wow, look at that thing...WOW!...performance with a turbo was not that spectacular, some pickup back not what you would expect.

Tech said the turbo application for the engine was tooo small...on purpose! Hmm!

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Sunday, April 09, 2006 6:29 PM
Quote:

dammit that was at uconn wasnt it

yup it was it was a really good turn out. i went last year but didnt show the car so this year i wanted to so i did this year.

SiLvEr StRiPeY 04 i didnt have time to go really look at the car i was just walking to go get a hot dog and i saw that. i didnt even no what it was i just though it looked funny so i took a pic of it haha.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 6:40 PM
oh man we know how your car looks, i want to see the other cars!

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:08 PM
You took a stock sunfire to a car show?

Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:13 PM
damit!!!

the only meet i wanted to def hit this spring an i missed it... i was in the bahama's gettin a tan thou oh well.. looked like fun

-marc

dumped an boosted at 8psi.. daily driven.

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:25 AM
Quote:

yea i did and it will be in more this year and its staying like that just geting it droped

yea marc it was a really good turn out. me and jamie where the only ones there from ne jbody. would have been good with you there.

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:32 AM
cars lookin good. i really like the light blue civic hatch with the lip. looks like a fun show. now weld on the eyelids and drop it.

Monday, April 10, 2006 11:00 AM
01sunfire wrote:
Quote:

yea i did and it will be in more this year and its staying like that just geting it droped

This begs the question - why? Seriously... what's the point?

Pride in a grocery getter? This isn't a stock sports car its a stock sunfire - one of 3 billion.

Also - you taped eyelids onto your hood???? Jesus...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, April 10, 2006 11:10 AM
SunfighterGT wrote:
01sunfire wrote:
Quote:

This begs the question - why? Seriously... what's the point?

Pride in a grocery getter? This isn't a stock sports car its a stock sunfire - one of 3 billion.

-Chris-

Why? To have a good time. @!#$s like you are the reason I dont go to tuner shows. Just because you made a econobox grocery getter go fast doesnt make you above everyone else. Remember, your car too, is JUST a Sunfire. One of 3 billion.

Hookah Hog and Hookah Whore TShirts! Presale discount! Click here for more details!
Monday, April 10, 2006 11:33 AM
I know it is wannabe... which is why I don't take it to shows.

But it's one of one sunfire with its power at the wheels. What makes the car in the pictures above so special and road worthy? The taped eyelids? Nothing is done right from what I can see... just poverty mods.

It's because of ricers with clear corners and gunmetal stock wheels that J's have a bad name. If you can't afford to mod a car - don't. And for god's sake don't go to a show to show it off.

You wanna have a good time? Pay for a ticket and go as a visitor, not a participant.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Monday, April 10, 2006 11:45 AM
I have to agree.

Car shows are to show off unique cars, if someone wants to see a sunfire, they can look anywhere while driving to work and see 50 of them.

In no way are we bashing your car. Its clean, you take good care of it, and you mod it as you have time and money, but I dont see a point in entering in car shows.

Monday, April 10, 2006 12:04 PM
I dont see where anyone gets off saying he cant enter car shows because his car isnt up to "your" standards. I was showing my car when I had my grey bumpers and no drop. Did anyone bad mouth me? Nope. Because i go to shows where people actually respect each other instead of judge each other. Its really refreshing.

Hookah Hog and Hookah Whore TShirts! Presale discount! Click here for more details!
Monday, April 10, 2006 12:14 PM
Tim is my hero
some people showed their true colors in this thread

Monday, April 10, 2006 12:22 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:I know it is wannabe... which is why I don't take it to shows.

But it's one of one sunfire with its power at the wheels. What makes the car in the pictures above so special and road worthy? The taped eyelids? Nothing is done right from what I can see... just poverty mods.

It's because of ricers with clear corners and gunmetal stock wheels that J's have a bad name. If you can't afford to mod a car - don't. And for god's sake don't go to a show to show it off.

You wanna have a good time? Pay for a ticket and go as a visitor, not a participant.

-Chris-

neons and blue pedals wouldnt be considered ricer mods?
to some they are
just because you dont like it, doesnt mean you have to be an arrogant ass

and wow, the pic in your profile looks like it was taken at a car show
i thought you didnt take your car to shows?

not everyone has super deep pockets
and not everyone wants a 400 hp j-body
because frankly, while a good achievement, the money it takes to do that would get you a better car all around.

Monday, April 10, 2006 12:56 PM
I can agree about the neons and blue pedals being ricer mods, but I sure don't show them off.

My point is that car is 95% dead stock... what's the point?

And that pic was taken at a racetrack, thank you very much.

Oh and btw 400 hp? Hahah... yeah maybe a little while ago. As for an all around better car - along with that comes people who will steal it, and retardedly high insurance rates. I'd rather be the underdog.

This post isn't about me or my car, though. It's about him and his car - and all I'm doing is asking why he goes to a show with an almost stock car. It's a pretty fair question. Kind of like racing a stock J-body at a racetrack.

As for wannabe's comment .... it's not a matter of respect. Nobody respects J-bodies. Nor should they.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-

Monday, April 10, 2006 1:09 PM
SunfighterGT wrote: Nobody respects J-bodies. Nor should they.

I do, I guess I'm just ignorant though...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283
Monday, April 10, 2006 2:29 PM
Quote:

haha wow your a true asswipe @!#$ loser.

Quote:

yup sure did good old duck tape makes it look good dont it?? there fiberglass you F**CKING MORON why would i put tape on my car are u really that slow.

Quote:

some people showed their true colors in this thread

true this site is a joke! haha what a ton of ass*hole people.

Monday, April 10, 2006 2:43 PM
SunfighterGT
oh forgot to add i have the money to make my car have 400whp but i dont want to because i dont wont to spend 10G on a car that i can drive out of my driveway get hit and have it trashed and me lose all that money.

also i see no point in adding a huge ass wing to the back of my car that looks like whales tail sorry.

and yea my cars ricer are u blind or just stupid? body kits are the most uglyest things you could ever put on a car they are the number 1 ricer thing out there. other then the nice looking clear tail lights yea those are hot you have one on the back of your car?? you should go join some honda civic sites they will love you there.

My rims yea buddy i didnt do them you dont like them tell marc. got them from him and his car looks 1000000000000X better then what your ugly riced out POS will ever look like in its life.

have a nice day SunfighterGT!! find a woman and go get @!#$ and not be so bitter

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:02 PM
woah guys... back off chris

for the past few years this hasnt even been an award giving car show... its been a tuner meet and usualy people voted for one peoples choice award...... its not like there was some $20 fee to get in..

plus he enjoy's his car an likes to show it off.... its not like he entered at Hot Import Nights..... damn guys

-marc

dumped an boosted at 8psi.. daily driven.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search