She's naked! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
She's naked!
Saturday, April 08, 2006 8:53 PM
Well a buddy of mine wanted me to take pics to show him, so here they are...

Who needs a spare tire well

Inside of the car, not much left... cant really see the switch panel that kicked out the stereo... gotta pull the speakers still....

Almost ready to head to the track... just gotta wire up a momentary switch for the MSD two step, vacuum like mad (its unbelievable how much crap is under the carpet, i found euro money of some sort), and adjust the ol fuel pressure.

Re: She's naked!
Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:04 PM
Looking good, hope the weather holds out for tomorrow, I'll be down for a couple hours if all goes well.

I like the cargo net that keeps you from being knocked unconcious at red lights.

- Paul
Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:08 PM
nice seats

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Real cars don't make power at the front wheels......
THEY LIFT THEM !!!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:18 PM
that @!#$ has got to be loud as hell when your driving down the freeway....

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:36 PM
Quote:

Looking good, hope the weather holds out for tomorrow, I'll be down for a couple hours if all goes well.

Yeah me too... my head needs to see some helmet action bad... its like going without sex for 7 months!

[qupte]that @!#$ has got to be loud as hell when your driving down the freeway....
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? I can't hear you. Yes, its @!#$in loud, and it was @!#$in loud before the interior got pulled... right Paul? I <3 side exit But yeah, I'm hearing all kinds of weird noises now, which kinda concern me... the weirdest is (as you can see, its rather wet here) but it sounds like I'm in a boat with water splashing up against the aluminum spare tire well hole cover.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:39 PM
Paul Yannacopoulos wrote:I like the cargo net that keeps you from being knocked unconcious at red lights.

i do as well

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:59 PM
What?!!

yha it's loud.. It sounds like my old ski-doo MX-Z with stright pipes..

Your crazy.
Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:38 PM
i love those seats you have there.....mmmmm.

i'm baaaaack!!
Sunday, April 09, 2006 2:28 AM
almost looks like our drag car

we put it up on the trailer tonight....... hope to get it to the track tomorrow, and lay down some passes.......

Good Luck Owen.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:57 AM
You should take the passanger side out too while your at it... unless a passanger is going with you... kinda pointless to leave it in other wise...

Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:00 AM
Can you say LOUD! as hell....good luck at the track

Silver Stripey makes your Day!

Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:08 AM
Does he know he has 2 tachs?

I was just wondering ... and if your gonna say its for the shift light .. Everyone knows u can buy just the light... Looks tachy < HA no pun intended
Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:40 AM
what the hell did i just look at

Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:43 AM
Quote:

almost looks like our drag car

we put it up on the trailer tonight....... hope to get it to the track tomorrow, and lay down some passes.......

Good Luck Owen.

Thanks bud! I really wanna test out your LSD... and my slicks (my damn tuner lug key has disappeared, hopefully I can find one asap!) but it looks like we're gonna get rained out tho...its only 10, tech opens at 2... we shall see :S

Quote:

You should take the passanger side out too while your at it... unless a passanger is going with you... kinda pointless to leave it in other wise...

Passenger seat will be removed at the track... the gf might get a lil annoyed if she has to sit on the ABS module.

Quote:

Does he know he has 2 tachs?

I was just wondering ... and if your gonna say its for the shift light .. Everyone knows u can buy just the light... Looks tachy < HA no pun intended

The stock has a major problem... it only goes to 7000rpm or so... and my new motor (all the parts are here, will go under the knife next week!) will spin to 7500-8000.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 1:57 PM
How do you have your racing harness' secured in the back? Almost looks like they're going to the floor--I don't see a hardbar.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 2:06 PM
yup, going to the rear seat belt bolts... probably the safest way without a rollbar... although I'm really considering takeing them all the way back to the rear dash.

I had a custom made harness bar of the same design as the hardbar... and I'd highly advise against one... the harnesses are not in the right postion... instead of being 45*(pointing down) - 90* (parallel to the floor), they're like 135*(pointing up)... so 45* the wrong way.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 10:31 PM
As cool as that all is, there are a few things that make me cringe. I would highly caution against driving the car as it is in those pictures. If you are in any sort of accident you will most likely die. Your back will be compressed from the seatbelts and your head will be demolished by jackstands/spare tire. That net will not stop anything in an accident. It would be wise on your part to either attach the seatbelts to the rear deck(still marginal at best), cage the car, or put in a harness bar at the right height. It would be wise to put in the stock seatbelts till you get the harnesses perfectly right because they will be much safer. I cant stress enough how important all this is to your safety, I would hate to lose another JBO member to an accident, its enough on us here and we are only a forum, think about family and friends.

That being said, you have a very clean car, I like where you are going with it. I love the black out look. Your car looks a lot like mine, ls sport, no fog lights, lowered. Be safe, Keep up updated on how you do at the track

02 LS Sport http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135396
68 Firebird http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135556
56 GMC http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135587
66 Suburban http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135589
Monday, April 10, 2006 9:47 AM
Dennis wrote:As cool as that all is, there are a few things that make me cringe. I would highly caution against driving the car as it is in those pictures. If you are in any sort of accident you will most likely die. Your back will be compressed from the seatbelts and your head will be demolished by jackstands/spare tire. That net will not stop anything in an accident. It would be wise on your part to either attach the seatbelts to the rear deck(still marginal at best), cage the car, or put in a harness bar at the right height. It would be wise to put in the stock seatbelts till you get the harnesses perfectly right because they will be much safer. I cant stress enough how important all this is to your safety, I would hate to lose another JBO member to an accident, its enough on us here and we are only a forum, think about family and friends.

That being said, you have a very clean car, I like where you are going with it. I love the black out look. Your car looks a lot like mine, ls sport, no fog lights, lowered. Be safe, Keep up updated on how you do at the track

I'd clean out all the stuff in the back of the car (ie: jack stands, tools, ect) and get the harnesses attached properly, or go back to stock seatbelts.

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:36 AM
wow! i like. get some #'s and keep us updated.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search