In memory of...the chameleonFire - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
In memory of...the chameleonFire
Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:52 PM

I got a letter from the appraiser from the insurance company today. It seems as though they will be totaling my car due to the cost of getting it fixed exceeds the value of the car. So pretty much I am screwed.

Re: In memory of...the chameleonFire
Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:54 PM
Damn man. That really sucks. Your car was one of my favorites.

Wide Body Progress

Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:56 PM
damn...we are both J less now...smile at that

Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:56 PM
WTF?! What happened to your car?!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:58 PM
ohhhhh man, truly a loss, can you salvage any parts?

Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:59 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:WTF?! What happened to your car?!

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=209897&t=172984#209897

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:01 PM
i said thats a Joke, theres no way that damage exceeds 4500... they are taking the easy way out

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:10 PM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:i said thats a Joke, theres no way that damage exceeds 4500... they are taking the easy way out

they are saying near 10k to get it fixed...paint, bumper, fenders, labor, radiator

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:15 PM
Can't you do a buy back? And what paint are they factoring into the cost, the OEM paint (the value the car was likely insured for) or the chameleon paint?

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:16 PM
There is no possible way thats 10k, you need to go and give them hell about it. You can totaly fix that for under 4000

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:19 PM
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote:Can't you do a buy back? And what paint are they factoring into the cost, the OEM paint (the value the car was likely insured for) or the chameleon paint?

they factored in the chameleon...it's not through MY insurance company...it's through the guy who threw the bottle at my car's insurance company. About the buyback...finding out more info tomorrow. But honestly, after this, I may have lost the need to mod.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:20 PM
I managed to fix my 97 fire from being totaled by the insurance company. I bought it back from them and they gave me 1700 to fix it. It had frame damage and needed most of the front end parts but I managed to fix everything myself. From the looks of it, yours is an easy fix...the paint job would be the most expensive thing in your case.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:29 PM
wow, 2 of the better J's around here in one day... for sure!!
sucks to hear man. hope you keep the J bug!!

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:33 PM
wow...that car....thats my @!#$ favorite J period.....simply amazing

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:41 PM
what am i missing here. i'm very confused. So, you have a scratched bumper, and a dented radiator.....and it's being written off??? is there more damage that i don't see???

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:52 PM
im so damn lost! two Js? and only that little damage and the car is getting totaled?! maybe im not awake enough to understand. fill me in!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:57 PM
J Caff wrote:what am i missing here. i'm very confused. So, you have a scratched bumper, and a dented radiator.....and it's being written off??? is there more damage that i don't see???

what they are saying...front bumper, fenders, sideskirts(due to fenders being molded in), radiator, body work, paint + labor

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:14 PM
the easy way out for sure. they just dont want to do the work so they write off the car WTF? damn nice fire too thats ashame. prolly 3/4 of that is the labor. we all know a bumber, fenders, and skirts arent that expensive. i could understand your modding days would be over like you said, but we also know it wont last for long

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:18 PM
dude thats bull $h!t, id make the guy pay out of pocket for that.
that cant cost as much as their sayin' anyway.
who do you have insurance with btw?

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:20 PM
pee in there mouth

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:21 PM
omg so many j's gone i cnat believe this is happening

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:22 PM
before i'd just let them total it and take it , i'd strip all that i could off to sell it and then make it like bomex's car.
j

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PM
this might sound paranoid but be sure you're not getting ripped off by that other guy and that his insurance company is legit and not just trying to get your car for a cheap price. it sounds really weird to write a car off for some bumper damage.

Lui
Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:27 PM
it's going through HIS insurance...Safe Auto. And I can't get in contact with the guy...he changed his number and dropped his policy with them before, but they said since it happened when he was in insured, they'd pay...now this. My mom is a paralegal and manager of a law firm, she is calling tomorrow to see what can be done so I just have to wait and see

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:34 PM
10 grand for that? bwahahahaha
ok.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search