Thinking of overhauling the cavalier..... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thinking of overhauling the cavalier.....
Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:41 AM
Well, I'm at this point now with my car where I really want to get it to be 110% the cavalier that I want it to be.

I just landed a nice job finally and I'm looking into my options. I want to strip the car of its widebody, bodykit, spoiler and hood, and add this stuff.........

this bodykit

this spoiler

and this hood

Then I want to lower it, redo and simplify the interior, and finially finish my motor

thats the idea at the moment and I'm really leaning towards doing it. Biggest reason is I regret rushing my car towards the end and @!#$ it up. I also want to be able to show people how capable I really am at this kind of stuff and bring out a one of kind car. That stuff wont just be slapped on either, it will be modified to my liking

opinions?

Re: Thinking of overhauling the cavalier.....
Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:49 AM
get the brickyard, not that one. the brickyard is a slightly better design.

Obsessive Behavior of Columbus - Forums - SIGN UP!
http://obc2.proboards78.com/index.cgi
Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:51 AM
this one:

Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:51 AM
yeah actually the brickyard is what I want, i just found that pic and used it because its similar

Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:58 AM
Mekster... don't strip you car!!! It's timeless... the only car EVER that can pull off that hood!!

Get a second Cav to build on and sell you bit of history to another J-body fanatic.

(but if you take off the widebody let me know, I may be interested)

My Car Domain
Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:05 AM
Which kit is that?

go for it!

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:08 AM
I dont think you can save the widebody if he takes it off...

I dont like that kit much, but I support ya!! Do what you want and make it perfect this time and you will be much happier with it!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:13 AM
i dont think u should strip it. it looks fine the way it is, im sure u could be happy with it if u did some small changes like bumper/ CF hood/ maybe a different spoiler/ and then paint. though I would really like to see you try a tail light conversion. But thats just what I think, in the end, its your choise and what u think will make u happy

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:14 AM
White Raven (Ryan L.) wrote:Mekster... don't strip you car!!! It's timeless... the only car EVER that can pull off that hood!!

Get a second Cav to build on and sell you bit of history to another J-body fanatic.

(but if you take off the widebody let me know, I may be interested)

Yeah but theres a little more to the history than you know. Ask anyone who has seen it in person. I'm just not happy with it at all. I rushed it and it turned out like crap. The car itself will never be sold to someone else. It may only be a cavalier, but it has a lot of personal value to me

As far as the widebody goes, the front fenders with the widebody are easily salvageable, and the rear quarters.... I'm going to try to cut them off so someone else can still have them

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:17 AM
or why dont u just fix whatever is wrong with the bodywork?

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:19 AM
Because If I did that I still wouldnt be happy with the overall look

trust me, if I do end up getting rid of the widebody, its not going to be another cookie cutter j-body, of all people on this site, I have to have a car that looks like no one elses. It will still be quite custom and unique. As far as headlight and taillight conversions, I'm against them on this car because I like to show off the fact that it is a cavalier.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:26 AM
you might also want some sway bars.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:28 AM
cool man i think with what you just listed the car will look hot, nad since it's meck i know your gonna add a little originality to it

glad to see your not done with it!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:32 AM
also guys, dont forget that I have a bigger motor to. My plan for the car is to still be able to show it, be a nice summer driver, and be able to drag and autocross it. So along with the motor will be a whole mess of suspension and brake upgrades. I want it to be much more than an aesthetic show piece.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:41 AM
thats gonan be a bitch to replace that kit wont it?

Won't you have to like just rip everything apart?

But ya probly would look very good.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:43 AM
DOOO EEETTT!!!!!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:49 AM
i dont think it would be too tough to replace. just a lot of sanding.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:51 AM
if you stip the car i'll buy the wide body

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:54 AM
take all that @!#$ and put it on ur sisters car!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:09 AM
i'm really glad you're going with a different kit, i never really liked the drift rear.
i can't wait to see pics of the 3800sc in the engine bay, talk about sexy! good luck!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:15 AM
Simpler is better

I love the hood and spoiler not sure about the kit but if you like it go for it.

I've never been a fan of widebody on a J unless it is a full show car.

I think you should shoot for your goal and make it into somthing you can be proud of driving all summer long with the engine swap and upgraded suspension and brakes.

clean is in

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:16 AM
Good luck with the new job. Hope it goes well. I think you should keep your car the way it is. Looks good...Original! Keep your cash for something better

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:24 AM
if u do decide to do that (which i dunno, i love ur car now) make sure u do some custom shiat and mold the kit and spoiler

id love to see a new interior tho

good luck bro

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:52 AM
i think you should do it....i think it would look a ton better...not that it doesnt look good already, i just think the brickyard would look a ton better. good luck on w/e you decide to do, just remember make the decision for you, and not what everyone else thinks.

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:10 AM
go for it meckster but as it has been said have fun pulling the rear quarter wide body pieces off

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search